Five million baht startup reward for the arrest of Suthep and associates

Lite Beer

Let the games begin.....

Actions like this, sponsored by businessmen mr. Thaksin, his ex-wife, his sister, his brother in law and 8 other from this mongol family, will pull the trigger for a civil-war in the country.

I guess it's time to oil my gun and get my gear out, ready to hunt the redshirt thugs with pleasure...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fair enough.

I do note that according to these links, it is customary for rewards to be offered in connection with providing information

leading to arrest. The Thai version, unless poorly reported, offers money for "arresting". If this is not a mistake the reward

offered has more to do with vigilantism, than with promoting police inquiries. Since it is not really a secret where Suthep

& Co. are spending their time, does not sound like the reward is offered for details, but results.

My question was if it is currently considered legal in Thailand, was not taking a political stand on the issue.

PDRC done the same, so was just wondering if this is normal.

That leaves 90 senators out of 150 senators are Thaksin lackeys.

Well 96 voted for Surachai, who is doing his best along with his other appointed senator "lackeys" to appoint an interim government - do you think they are "Thaksin lackeys"?

Journal of Current

Southeast Asian Affairs

Chambers, Paul (2009),

Superfluous, Mischievous or Emancipating? Thailand’s Evolving Senate Today,

The 2008 Senate ascended to office as a compromise: half appointed and half elected. The democratic part of the body was but a token granted to pro-civil rights groups. The appointed portion was meant to maintain some degree of parliamentary stability and influence by entrenched bureaucratic actors.

Ultimately, it appears that the influence by the military over Thailand’s pre-2000 Senates has indirectly returned (though on a lesser scale) in the post-2008 Upper House. Where Thaksin once lorded over the chamber, in 2009 it was dominated by anti-Thaksin traditionalists.

I don't see that that position has changed much, recent election or not.

Edited by fab4

About 60 out of the 73 Appointed Senators are. I'd have to do some digging to work out the allegiances of the rest. Bear in mind surachai got 96 votes so I'd guess about another 30 plus are as well

Appointed senator Somchai Sawaengkarn said the voting patterns of appointed senators show that 60 of the 73 appointed senators are in the anti-government camp.

The remaining 13 are believed to be aligned with the government, Mr Somchai said.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/121241/the-reason-why-the-thai-establishment-likes-appointed-senators/

You've made a habit of posting off the topic. Are you also making up numbers or what? Would you be so kind as to enlighten people on this forum why you are talking about appointed senators instead of 5 million baht bounty (clearly illegal) put on Suthep head by Nattawut? Can't you read English any longer? Comprehension problems or something?

No problem with the English Language. Your comprehension on the other hand is doubtful - I provide links for a reason. Other peoples comprehension would have been enhanced if you had refrained from deleting the two posts that I was replying to.

Sunderland, on 18 May 2014 - 20:14, said: Seems a bit low compared to what the senators 'allegedly' got in Singapore.

saakura, on 18 May 2014 - 20:17, said: I thought the senators were PDRC??

If you have a problem with off topic posts either take it up with the mods via the report button or complain to the previous two posters who were responsible for the original off topic discussion.

If, as is obviously is the case here, you disagree with my viewpoints and are just looking for an excuse to pick an argument, do try and be a bit more entertaining in your posting. Now run along and find something sensible to argue about.

Where were these Thai "businessmen" for the past six (6) months. They were waiting on the sidelines to see which way the wind was blowing. They should be ashamed of themselves not stepping forward earlier to publicly endorse Suthep's arrest and to help their nation and economy close the protests. Now they offer "money" to who? Police? Another travesty. Offering a cash reward to police whose job it is is to enforce law not bounty hunt. This is a great example of the Thai "payoff" system. The Thai buy your way out mentality. How can they ever change for the benefit of the Thai people?

Waiting on the sidelines - in Dubai, Beijing, Hong Kong, and maybe even Montenegro.

Wonder what came back in the luggage from the Singapore trip? Seems cash flow has increased.

• Like 1

The air for the Yellow leaders getting thinner by hour.

Even in the South i see that most shops switch off bluesky TV Channel.

Few month ago the shop owners watched it for nearly 24 hours. Not anymore. Time changing!

In the same way that Taxi drivers in and around Bangkok keep complaining to me about the appalling crooked PTP regime. Well several have. But that ain't most of them. In fact, I have no idea how most taxi drivers think, just the small % who go on about it. What is strange is I don't hear any pro PTP or Thaksin comments from them, just the anti ones.

Now, how many shops did you visit, out of the total population of shops in the South when conducting your research?

• Like 1

How about starting a fund for carting off all the yellow loons on here to the IDC. There again monkey house food is too good to replace all the BS they spout.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And your ability to not rebut a single point of anyone that support 15 principles of democracy or defend the 1 principle of democracy supporters in anyway, yet demonize the 15 principle supporters that feel they are defending something you don't agree with highlights why the inarticulate use violence to defend the PTP.

Well done for inadvertently backing up my argument that the red shirts are inarticulate, uneducated simple folk...

Education allows democracy to flourish. Your comments don't.

When I was at school we learned about the 21 pillars of democracy so I have no idea what your "15 principles" that you like to keep quoting people are but how about the pillar of democracy "Accepting the results of an election" or "Regular, free and fair elections"? If you're going to keep quoting principles of democracy, why don't you actually quote them?

I'll help you, Accountability, Transparency, Control of the abuse of power... There are lots that support the protesters and votes alike and would support your views but there views other than yours here and because they don't sometimes match your views it doesn't make them less valid.

Is making such an offer by someone other than the police, legal? (in Thailand, that is)

Seems to be quite a popular idea in some countries.

front.jpg

Blair must face justice

This site offers a reward to people attempting a peaceful citizen’s arrest of the former British prime minister, Tony Blair, for crimes against peace. Anyone attempting an arrest which meets the rules laid down here will be entitled to one quarter of the money collected at the time of his or her application.

- See more at: http://www.arrestblair.org/#sthash.V1Fs8N6t.dpuf

Edited by Suradit69

I am offering a 6 million baht reward for anyone who can crap can the suddenly emergent Thais that are silly and pro-PDRC from TVF and who are pretending to be posters who are not paid...

Moderators? Anyone?

Clearly thaksin's piglets want to maintain their pre eminent position at the trough.

Raking in millions of tainted baht every year isn't enough

What a whinge. There are lots of piggies...you seem to like one cohort of pork more than the other.

Wah!

Is making such an offer by someone other than the police, legal? (in Thailand, that is)

The "reward" system seems to be legal in most countries

Perhaps, like I said, I wouldn't know.

Was wondering if anyone had a clear idea about Thailand, in this regard.

Also, there's a difference between reward for information leading to arrest and reward for making an arrest.

Seems to be quite a popular idea in some countries.

front.jpg

Blair must face justice

This site offers a reward to people attempting a peaceful citizen’s arrest of the former British prime minister, Tony Blair, for crimes against peace. Anyone attempting an arrest which meets the rules laid down here will be entitled to one quarter of the money collected at the time of his or her application.

- See more at: http://www.arrestblair.org/#sthash.V1Fs8N6t.dpuf

Heh, yeah....that's a bit of fun reading. Thanks for reminding me.

But again, notice that the website is very careful about wording, procedure, do and do-not, legal issues etc.

The reward amount are based on donations, and aren't that high.

Can't believe there's is even a slim chance someone could get away with trying a citizen's arrest on a Thai politician without

getting in harm's way.

Does Thailand even have something like citizen's arrest in its legal system?

I am offering a 6 million baht reward for anyone who can crap can the suddenly emergent Thais that are silly and pro-PDRC from TVF and who are pretending to be posters who are not paid...

Moderators? Anyone?

Well done. You have just proved the old adage:

Some people have more money than sense

• Like 1

a reward like that, even though it will never get paid, is inciteful (not insightful).

It very well could incite intelligence-challenged Reds to storm Suthep and/or his associates. Some Reds are very quick and willing to revert to bully mob action. Adding a money element is like pouring petrol on a very hot motorbike engine.

As far as I remember, the PDRC was offering a while ago also 5 million baht to the courts to disqualify the PM.

Same BS, other persons.

Did you made the same post at that time, Mr. Cuicine?

Links

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

500,000 baht reward for the arrest of Ko Tee - Thailand News ...

He said the bounty offer was intended to give an incentive to the police ... The Criminal Court is expected to issue a warrant for the arrest of Ko ...

www.thaivisa.com/.../718230-500000-baht-reward-for-the-arrest-of-ko-tee/

You said that Suthep was offering 5 million for the disqualification of the PM ... Casualbiker asked you for links .. you provided a story about Budda Issara offering Half a Million for the arrest of Ko Tee...!! ????????

Must remember, Confuscious Say :

post-209405-0-40213600-1400503619_thumb.

I don't understand why the story below was posted on the Thaivisa news site and has not been reported anywhere else today. Another media cock-up.

30 PDRC members surrender themselves to DSI

BANGKOK, 19 May 2014 (NNT) - 30 People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) leaders have surrendered themselves to the Department of Special Investigation (DSI), following the issuance of arrest warrants by the Criminal Court.

The Criminal Court last week approved The DSI’s request for arrest warrants for the PDR C’s leading members over insurrection and seven other charges. Among the 30 wanted for arrest included Thaworn Senniam, Sathit Wongnongtoey, Chumpol Julasai and Kittisak Prokti.

Mr Kittisak who is currently a lecturer at Thammasat University said he would deny all allegations against him as he is entitled to exercise his right to demonstrate peacefully.

The court has ordered the DSI to only detain the PDRC members in custody for the time needed for them to appear in court to acknowledge the indictments.

I don't understand why the story below was posted on the Thaivisa news site and has not been reported anywhere else today. Another media cock-up.

30 PDRC members surrender themselves to DSI

BANGKOK, 19 May 2014 (NNT) - 30 People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) leaders have surrendered themselves to the Department of Special Investigation (DSI), following the issuance of arrest warrants by the Criminal Court.

The Criminal Court last week approved The DSI’s request for arrest warrants for the PDR C’s leading members over insurrection and seven other charges. Among the 30 wanted for arrest included Thaworn Senniam, Sathit Wongnongtoey, Chumpol Julasai and Kittisak Prokti.

Mr Kittisak who is currently a lecturer at Thammasat University said he would deny all allegations against him as he is entitled to exercise his right to demonstrate peacefully.

The court has ordered the DSI to only detain the PDRC members in custody for the time needed for them to appear in court to acknowledge the indictments.

Really? I don't think it is true.