Can yearly extension plus 90 day reporting be done at same time ?

Beng

Hopefully one of the mods can clarify this.

I have an appointment for yearly extension of my non imm type O visa on the 3rd of July at chiang mai immigration.

My 90 days will end on July 14th (11 days later). Can I do the 90 day reporting on the 3rd ??

Yes. 90 day reporting is normally allowed 15 days early until 7 days late and may even be allowed earlier by some offices it it makes it easier.

Thanks lopburi, that saves me another visit to immigration. Cheers.

Yes. 90 day reporting is normally allowed 15 days early until 7 days late and may even be allowed earlier by some offices it it makes it easier.

Thanks lopburi, that saves me another visit to immigration. Cheers.

If you ask nicely the lady doing the extension might do the 90 day report as well !

Don't you guys with coordinated extensions + 90 day reports, ever leave the country? biggrin.png

It has been two years. But I always had it timed so when I came back in I would get a 30 day which took me up to my extension day. I was using a multi entry on my extension.

Thailand brought up an interesting point about the extension first then the ninety day. It seems to me that the 90 day is just dependent on the date of your last 90 day. It should be independent of your extension. Unless you are late the extension is still valid.

That being said I can see where they could make it a bit sticky. Doesn't really matter now a days with the speed they are handling the 90 days. If mine comes up on the same day I will try it. Haven't really tried to figure it out yet. I think I can do it with being early for my next two 90 days. I take it that is 15 regular days not 15 working days?

Don't you guys with coordinated extensions + 90 day reports, ever leave the country? biggrin.png

It has been two years. But I always had it timed so when I came back in I would get a 30 day which took me up to my extension day. I was using a multi entry on my extension.

Thailand brought up an interesting point about the extension first then the ninety day. It seems to me that the 90 day is just dependent on the date of your last 90 day. It should be independent of your extension. Unless you are late the extension is still valid.

That being said I can see where they could make it a bit sticky. Doesn't really matter now a days with the speed they are handling the 90 days. If mine comes up on the same day I will try it. Haven't really tried to figure it out yet. I think I can do it with being early for my next two 90 days. I take it that is 15 regular days not 15 working days?

I don't understand this. When you leave the country and come back in your next report is 90 days from entry, so what do you mean by getting a 30 day?

If you are on annual extension you would have a re-entry permit and the officer would stamp you in 'admitted until......whatever your expiry date is.

• Like 1

Extension first then 90 days.

Last year did the hat trick,extension, 90 days,and re-entry. All for 2 people in less than 2 hours.

In a perfect world I could get the proof of address from Immigration for the extension before the rest but not hopeful.

Keep it simple!

Your extension date and your 90-day reporting date might come within the same time frame.

Just look at the dates in your passport (date needed to renew the extension and date of last entry into the country (or the last date of your 90-day report, if you have not left the country). Then , relevant to the residency report, add 90 days days plus or minus the 7 days after or 15 days before the date that are allowed), You might get lucky that you can do both at the same time. The window for extensions basically extends 30 days prior to the date shown in your passport, if I am not mistaken.

Do your research on the Immigration Department web sites to get it right. Reference here on this local site can be VERY confusing! There is no difference in Chiang Mai than at any other Immigration post in Thailand. Check the Immigration Department sites. They are quite accessible.

I might add that Thai Immigration policy and the requirements to comply are quite generous and easy to follow if you bother to do the research provided by the Immigration Department. Of course, learning to speak Thai can be helpful. (Now there's a thought !!) English translations of some Thai procedures can be a bit strained, but you are in Thailand, after all.

If you re too bothered and have the wherewithal, you can always get an agent. SIlly waste of money, IMHO.

Edited by Mapguy

I don't understand this. When you leave the country and come back in your next report is 90 days from entry, so what do you mean by getting a 30 day?

If you are on annual extension you would have a re-entry permit and the officer would stamp you in 'admitted until......whatever your expiry date is.

You are more than likely rite. I don't know much about how it works or what they call them. They stamp it and I forget about it until I have to go into Immigration again. I still refer to my retirement Visa as a retirement Visa because that is what it says in my pass port. I just go in every 90 days and fill in another form and get what I call a 90 day. Never been that interested in any thing beyond that so I don't bother with it.

Was hoping to get some feed back on this statement I made.

"Thailand brought up an interesting point about the extension first then the ninety day. It seems to me that the 90 day is just dependent on the date of your last 90 day. It should be independent of your extension. Unless you are late the extension is still valid."

I guess with all the experts on this thread if I really have to know I will have to read the Immigration laws. Fortunately for me it was just asked out of curiosity if I really need to know I can go in and ask them.

Edited by northernjohn