Army keens on seizure of assault rifles in a Thai govt politician's car

webfact

I thought all politicians took assault rifles with them for lunch, dinner and the like. To show of their expertise and knowledge of such. Look, this is how you check if it's unloaded ... ...

A few years back one accidentally hosed down an assistant or someone putting his uzi on a restaurant table. It was lunch time, if I recall correctly.

It was Senator Boonsong Kowawisarat in 2012, who for some reason took a Uzi 9mm pistol to a family lunch and managed to shoot and kill his partner, mother of his two children, whilst putting it away. Presumably as someone told him it's not polite to have handguns at family dinners, unless it's a Mafia family of course.

Are you sure about that? I recall he killed his secretary/cousin.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought all politicians took assault rifles with them for lunch, dinner and the like. To show of their expertise and knowledge of such. Look, this is how you check if it's unloaded ... ...

No, actually it's in case monks tooled up with AK47's storm parliament and take hostages again - you have to be prepared for anything here whistling.gif

I_intprod1-8000base_122034a.jpg

I would be delighted if you could explain for us all the story behind the picture fabby, rather than just the few lines that accompany it from 'The Sun' in 2007. It is not in any other media/newspaper on the web, apart from some clown trying to pass it off as recent.

Please tell us about it in detail. The 'Monk' clearly has military or fire arms training and if most of us were the man in blue he would have been disarmed in seconds.

So explain away or are you trolling again?

Seems it happened in 2002.

http://hindu.com/2002/05/23/stories/2002052301301500.htm

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A post which is a misquote has been removed along with replies. Misquoting someone intentionally is rather serious and could result in a suspension. Please exercise care in posting others.

They are very keen to not mention any names in this report.

I realise that the criminal libel laws would be used if more than a hint were published, I just wonder how this is treated in the Thai language press.

There was report that the military and security authorities have not ruled out the possibility of the weapons being linked to the political unrest.

I wonder which genius came up with this report.

Democrat party spokesman Chanvanond Intarakomalyasut, meanwhile, said the car which carried the weapons belongs to a high-profile politician in a central province.

Is the guy too stupid or doesn’t he have the cohones to name the untouchable owner?

And regarding this news: another masterpiece of investigative “Thai journalism.”

The army is working very hard to prevent the inevitable. Guns will be smuggled in and will be used. Redshirt supporters get paid 1,000 baht. Hiding in the mass of people the assassins will try to do their thing. Slip out, do shooting and bombing and slip in again. Pity the army cannot send a unit to Dubai. There is a big part of the solution of Thailand's current problems.

Nah, ask the locals. It is 3000 baht, and that quote is from a girl who was paid by both sides. Sometimes she wears a whistle, sometimes she wears a red t-shirt.

At the ballot box, no one looking over her shoulder, she votes for those that help her.

Get over it. People say Thais are dishonest, and then claim their votes are bought. Both things cannot be true. In the booth, you can vote for whoever you want, and no matter who paid you. It is like saying "Okay, I give you 3000 baht but cannot be sure what you do afterwards"

This is stupidity. This is malfeasance of the dumbest kind.

Both sides suck. Picking one to be 'your team' is asinine.

• Like 1

Former politician, I suppose its good news that he has found himself a new job involving some old military contacts no doubt but I don’t personally think gun running is a great career move still then again it’s a step up and more respectable than a Thai politician.

The army is working very hard to prevent the inevitable. Guns will be smuggled in and will be used. Redshirt supporters get paid 1,000 baht. Hiding in the mass of people the assassins will try to do their thing. Slip out, do shooting and bombing and slip in again. Pity the army cannot send a unit to Dubai. There is a big part of the solution of Thailand's current problems.

Amazing how opinions can vary. I see the solution for Thailand's current problems in sending Suthep swimming towards Dubai with 19 kg lead around his waist.

Assault rifles especially M-16's are actually quite easy to come by in Thailand because many that were "claimed" to be supposedly stolen from military armories by terrorists were actually stolen by officers for sale to anyone who could fork up cash, especially the ethnic minority groups at war along the borders with the higher value stuff like M-4A1's, MP5's, Tavors, M249's, and M60's snapped up by private collectors and politicians.

No, actually it's in case monks tooled up with AK47's storm parliament and take hostages again - you have to be prepared for anything here whistling.gif

I recognize him he's the one on the sitting down on the right at the red rally.

post-12069-0-67211400-1400489793.jpg

All of the assault rifles that I have seen named have been M16's. Those are sold only to the army. Surrounding communist countries and those aligned with China would have access only to AK 47 or AK 74 combloc weapons.

So those M16 weapons would first have to leak out of the army or be smuggled in. Who could have access to a handful of them to carry around, or even get the ammunition for them?

Most of the illegal guns in Britain are sourced via the military - and they ain't all SA80s.

The police here also have access to a wide variety of weapons.

It was Senator Boonsong Kowawisarat in 2012, who for some reason took a Uzi 9mm pistol to a family lunch and managed to shoot and kill his partner, mother of his two children, whilst putting it away. Presumably as someone told him it's not polite to have handguns at family dinners, unless it's a Mafia family of course.

Are you sure about that? I recall he killed his secretary/cousin.

Well true to form the Thai press, but particularly the Nation and the BP, were responsible for all the confusion about the gun and the victims relationship to the senator

http://www.globalpost.com/globalpost-blogs/southeast-asia/thai-senator-shoots-woman

The end result was it was not an Uzi sub machine gun but an Uzi 9mm Jericho pistol

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2012/08/thai-senator-shot-a-woman-with-a-pistol-and-not-with-a-sub-machine-gun/

and not his cousin but his long time partner (link is not allowed but google Chanakarn Detkard, the victim)

perhaps the ofFending pollis coud just call themselves PRDC guards then they could go around with guns and even shoot whoever they chose no questions asked.

They already shoot whoever they like with no questions asked.

I would be delighted if you could explain for us all the story behind the picture fabby, rather than just the few lines that accompany it from 'The Sun' in 2007. It is not in any other media/newspaper on the web, apart from some clown trying to pass it off as recent.

Please tell us about it in detail. The 'Monk' clearly has military or fire arms training and if most of us were the man in blue he would have been disarmed in seconds.

So explain away or are you trolling again?

Seems it happened in 2002.

http://hindu.com/2002/05/23/stories/2002052301301500.htm

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, you beat me to it, I found it also. Bit of an own goal by fabby, some excerpts from the text: from 2002

Doh! fabby you are a fake!

Oh do behave gentlemanjim! Do you have even the slightest idea of humour or how to recognise it. Jeez. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-043.gif

Edited by fab4

Maybe the police would be more likely to find weapons already in Bangkok.Look no further than the sites where the demonstrators are holding their jamboree's. Lumpini Park springs to mind. Anyway whats wrong with carrying an assault rifle in your car? It would come in handy for scaring Elephants when they block the road.

I am keens for this news organisation to hire someone who can speak English.

Don't you mean write English. Just asking.

Correct writing comes after correct speaking. Just saying.

Is that a fact and your linguistic qualifications being applied.

My sainted mother was a prolific writer, but as she was a deaf-mute, she never spoke a word.

Only for your native language. I have seen many Thai who read and write English very well, and can hardly utter a word, not even uncommon.

All of the assault rifles that I have seen named have been M16's. Those are sold only to the army. Surrounding communist countries and those aligned with China would have access only to AK 47 or AK 74 combloc weapons.

So those M16 weapons would first have to leak out of the army or be smuggled in. Who could have access to a handful of them to carry around, or even get the ammunition for them?

Diplomatic luggage?

• Like 1

Maybe the police would be more likely to find weapons already in Bangkok.Look no further than the sites where the demonstrators are holding their jamboree's. Lumpini Park springs to mind. Anyway whats wrong with carrying an assault rifle in your car? It would come in handy for scaring Elephants when they block the road.

The (red-shirt supporting) police 'find' weapons when it comes to the anti-government protestors. When the army accompanies them & keeps them somewhat honest, they discover red shirts with weapons and assault weapons like those in the Op.

As far as 'scaring elephants' is concerned - this takes the Chalerm disinformation post of the thread award.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry mate but Cambodia isn't communist and would (DOES?) happily supply to whichever groups want their goods

edwinchester, on 19 May 2014 - 14:25, said:
Crushdepth, on 19 May 2014 - 14:21, said:
rubl, on 19 May 2014 - 12:52, said:

A few years back one accidentally hosed down an assistant or someone putting his uzi on a restaurant table. It was lunch time, if I recall correctly.

Wasn't that the Senator who 'accidentally' shot his wife? That has all gone very quiet.

Yes it was...we will never here anymore about it.... cover up after cover up, in many countries it would bring down the government.

Troops attached to the ISOC, who accompanied police during the weapon search, claimed high-ranking police officers and politicians had lobbied the investigation team not to confiscate the car and weapons.

Just imagine how many weapons the police/army would find if they would be allowed to investigate PT/Reds/Shins....

They should check both sides to be unbiased don't you think?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What evidence can be more clear than the fact that high-ranking police officers and politicians had lobbied the investigation team not to confiscate the car and weapons??

1zgarz5.gif1zgarz5.gif1zgarz5.gif

I wonder ... could this help to explain why the Police has not found any suspects for the 26 murders and 730 injured people? Could the Police be holding hands with Thaksin's Pheu Thai? ... Impossible! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2