Army keens on seizure of assault rifles in a Thai govt politician's car

webfact

Army keens on seizure of assault rifles in a government politician’s car

5-19-2014-12-31-46-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC) is keen on the seizure of assault rifles on the motor vehicle belonged to a government northern politician and assures to the public that it will pursue the case closely.

The assurance was given by Army spokesperson Col Winthai Suwari when he was asked by reporters about the seizure of firearms in a white Mazda parked at the entrance of Juntra resort in Nakhon Nayok province Sunday while police were investigating an unrelated theft complaint filed by a customer.

The resort is owned by former government MP Sitthichai Kittithanesuan.

Investigation revealed the car belongs to another politician, an adviser to a caretaker minister.

Col Winthai said the ISOC of which the army chief is deputy director was very keen on the seizure and assured that the case would be pursued by ISOC closely and would not let it to be forgotten amid report of intense lobbying by politicians to release the case.

There was report that the military and security authorities have not ruled out the possibility of the weapons being linked to the political unrest.

Troops attached to the ISOC, who accompanied police during the weapon search, claimed high-ranking police officers and politicians had lobbied the investigation team not to confiscate the car and weapons.

The incident was reported to army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha, who later gave an order not to allow the rifles to be released as the case concerns security.

The discovery prompted Gen Prayuth to order his subordinates in the army and the ISOC to beef up vigilance against people carrying weapons into the capital.

Democrat party spokesman Chanvanond Intarakomalyasut, meanwhile, said the car which carried the weapons belongs to a high-profile politician in a central province. He urged authorities to pursue the question of whether the arms were intended to stir up unrest in Bangkok.

He said the police should note the fact the weapons were found in Nakhon Nayok in a car registered in Chiang Rai.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/army-keens-seizure-assault-rifles-government-politicians-car/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-19

• Like 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The army is working very hard to prevent the inevitable. Guns will be smuggled in and will be used. Redshirt supporters get paid 1,000 baht. Hiding in the mass of people the assassins will try to do their thing. Slip out, do shooting and bombing and slip in again. Pity the army cannot send a unit to Dubai. There is a big part of the solution of Thailand's current problems.

He is hard to get to with all of his (in)security guards. Certainly been awaiting that for a long time. Where there is a will, there is a way.

• Like 1

Ballistic tests would be good to see if they have been used in any crime

What crime - most deaths are suicide and as for ballistics - are you joking, this IS Thailand.

All of the assault rifles that I have seen named have been M16's. Those are sold only to the army. Surrounding communist countries and those aligned with China would have access only to AK 47 or AK 74 combloc weapons.

So those M16 weapons would first have to leak out of the army or be smuggled in. Who could have access to a handful of them to carry around, or even get the ammunition for them?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/345203-6000-guns-and-explosives-stolen-from-thai-army-barracks/

Not long before the terrorist uprising by the red shirts in 2010 in Bangkok.

• Like 2

All of the assault rifles that I have seen named have been M16's. Those are sold only to the army. Surrounding communist countries and those aligned with China would have access only to AK 47 or AK 74 combloc weapons.

So those M16 weapons would first have to leak out of the army or be smuggled in. Who could have access to a handful of them to carry around, or even get the ammunition for them?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/345203-6000-guns-and-explosives-stolen-from-thai-army-barracks/

Not long before the terrorist uprising by the red shirts in 2010 in Bangkok.

Those guns are major ammo eaters. Rate of fire at a minimum of 600 rounds per minute. They must also have the 5.56 NATO ammo.

• Like 1

What evidence can be more clear than the fact that high-ranking police officers and politicians had lobbied the investigation team not to confiscate the car and weapons??

1zgarz5.gif1zgarz5.gif1zgarz5.gif

But but Suthep......

• Like 1

I thought all politicians took assault rifles with them for lunch, dinner and the like. To show of their expertise and knowledge of such. Look, this is how you check if it's unloaded ... ...

A few years back one accidentally hosed down an assistant or someone putting his uzi on a restaurant table. It was lunch time, if I recall correctly.

• Like 2

I thought all politicians took assault rifles with them for lunch, dinner and the like. To show of their expertise and knowledge of such. Look, this is how you check if it's unloaded ... ...

A few years back one accidentally hosed down an assistant or someone putting his uzi on a restaurant table. It was lunch time, if I recall correctly.

Wasn't that the Senator who 'accidentally' shot his wife? That has all gone very quiet. Edited by edwinchester

No, actually it's in case monks tooled up with AK47's storm parliament and take hostages again - you have to be prepared for anything here whistling.gif

I_intprod1-8000base_122034a.jpg

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Police also carry M16,s

It was Senator Boonsong Kowawisarat in 2012, who for some reason took a Uzi 9mm pistol to a family lunch and managed to shoot and kill his partner, mother of his two children, whilst putting it away. Presumably as someone told him it's not polite to have handguns at family dinners, unless it's a Mafia family of course.

• Like 2

So now we know one of the ways the red shits are getting their armaments . . . the Government are supplying them.

The Shinawatras are probably supplying them, but I doubt through the government, and I doubt through a Mazda parked waiting to be inspected.

This has about as much legitimacy as the PDRC member who allegedly left bombs at Lumpini park along with his ID card.