90 days reporting requirements changed?

I went to report 90 days this morning at Samutprakan immigration.Normally you just fill in the TM 47 form and then the immigration officer will cut off and stamp the lower part plus informing when next 90 days reporting is due.

When I arrived this morning then they needed additionally:

1. Photocopy of passport

2. Photocopy of TM 6 form (arrival/departure card slip)

3. Photocopy of retirement visa

There is no mention of this on the Immigration Bureau website, but the official told me this new procedure was introduced some 2 months ago.

Has anybody here experienced the same ?

• Like 1

Nonthaburi introduced the Passport requirement many months ago now ... I always prepare what you were asked for ... it's a 50+ Km round trip for me so better to preempt ....

Useful heads up for other though ... thanks

Each immigration office can set their own requirements for 90 day reporting. There has been no nationwide change.

Most still only want your passport and the TM47 form.

Lad Prao/Imperial World only wanted your passport & TM47. That was a few weeks ago.

Nonthaburi introduced the Passport requirement many months ago now ... I always prepare what you were asked for ... it's a 50+ Km round trip for me so better to preempt ....

Useful heads up for other though ... thanks

The official at Samutprakan immigration office said it was a requirement ruled down by the "big boss" in Bangkok.

Hi. I think a Mod should add the location to this topic title.

It's just a local change and the title is false for most readers.

I changed it to a question, Any other change would be to much.

Each immigration office can set their own requirements for 90 day reporting. There has been no nationwide change.

Most still only want your passport and the TM47 form.

Lad Prao/Imperial World only wanted your passport & TM47. That was a few weeks ago.

Major Hollywood too last week.

Copies of all documents are not unheard off for a 90 day report, even when reporting in person.

At some offices they do that for years now.

But at Jomtien if you get the officer (always the lady when I've been there) seated at the computer terminal, she hands you back all the extra paperwork, just updating info on the computer. stapling the new report form in the passport and tells you (referring to all the photocopies) "you keep these and bring next time." I'ts happened to me two or three times now.

Did a 90 day report last week at Jomtien. Had all the paperwork. Lady told me no need in future ---- just arrive with passport. They take out the advisory 90 day notice which contains the form already filled in. I sign it, and hey presto, done. She gave me back all the paperwork and said no need anymore. It all took 5 minutes.