Next Election May Take Place '1-2 Years' From Now

Lite Beer

After the threats by the red shirt "Uncle Yim" on his FB page one might be forgiven for suggesting free and fair elections will be along long way away yet. This shows the lack of intellect being displayed by them. They yearn for elections, they will fight and die for elections, but they threaten the lives of opposition leaders in the same breath thus ensuring and proving that elections are not going to happen soon.

This is why elections may be 2 years away.

​Training a mongrel dog pack (that attacks one monk) to sit and roll takes years...

So typical of the one size fits all mentality shown by the self chosen ones.

Training a mongrel dog pack (that attacks one monk) to sit and roll takes years...

I mean where do you get this from, is there a facebook page for PDRC bile or something?

Maybe there is a FB page on PDRC bile, but I am more interested in what you think about the fact I presented.

Do you feel elections can be free and fair when the PTP/UDD threaten opposition leaders.

Your inability to even acknowledge the threats of opposition leaders and instead say a few silly quips shows that you or the PTP are not ready in seriously addressing free and fair elections, but would rather dodge that uncomfortable fact and have a go at me and state "bile"

The threats are ignored to have a go at me?

Come on..Rebut me?

Whats your views on this?

Do I feel that elections can be free and fair despite a Mr Yim threats to "opposition" leaders on a facebook page??????

Well the very short answer is

Yes

• Like 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

discussed this with quite a few Thais, none of them know anything about politics or have any interest in it. I may be mixing with the wrong people but I dont see how the idea of democracy can work if people have no idea or interest in what they are voting for

What if the person that is being voted for is an accused mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive that uses a proxy to get into power? They voted for "Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai Acts" in other words they voted for "An accused terrorist,accused mass murderer, convicted criminal fugitive thinks, the criminals sister acts" (who turned out to abuse power to)

Do you feel reform would be needed to ensure that does not happen or you feel that the ballot box should be held hostage by a party that ensure that they keep the farmers poor and desperate so they ensure the accused mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive can continue to lead the foragers in perpetual poverty while saying they are helping them?

Please I beg you to rebut the comments I made instead of belittling me. Belittling me is easy.

Rebutting posts is where intelligence shines.

Oh, you have a new tag line. How about this one. Intelligence is making sure of your facts before portraying them as such.

Let's assume you are talking about Thaksin. He has never been accused of mass murder, only by people like you from the anonymity of your keyboard. Charges of Terrorism were revoked in October 2013. He did not return to Thailand to face a 2 year prison sentence arising from a charge of "abuse of power" for countersigning his ex wifes legitimate property purchase. If you want to call him a convicted criminal fugitive because of that in a bid to demonise him, and many do, feel free

The Thaksin you are talking about now is the same Thaksin that has been behind political parties since he left office involuntarily in 2006 whilst his party were preparing to contest a Royally decreed Election. The new constitution of 2007 was specifically written to curb the powers of parliament and make the Courts more powerful. We are facing the results of that action now.

Reforms - the "opposition" have had 8 years and we've heard nothing about reforms until 6 months ago, not a peep from the Dems, let alone any action taken when they were in power for two and a half years.

Belittling you is easy. Rebutting your posts is even easier, but time consuming.

• Like 2

Dont tv user think its strange only Khaosod write about it. no foreigner media has been writing about it. So maybe not a problem, but good for Thailand for a period of time

Any time and every time a PDRC type makes a completely false post saying no foreign media have reported the military's imposition of martial law, I will re-post this post.

Some of the foreign media reporting fully and prominently on the imposition of martial law by the army:

USA Today, Huffington Post, Forbes, Fox News, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Zero Hedge, CNBC, China Daily, BBC, National Public Radio USA, Yahoo News, Al Jazeera, The Guardian, Bloomberg News, Washington Post, ABC News USA, ABC News Australia, RTE, New York Times, CBS News USA, Associated Press, Reddit, Haaretz, Voice of America, Euro News, Sky News, Market Watch, AOL, New York Post, MSN, The Big Story, Straits Times, The Hindu, Economist, Washington Times, Denver Post, Newsweek, Time Inc, Times of Israel, ITV News, Investment Watch, Christian Science Monitor USA, Japan Times, Public Broadcasting System USA, Xinhua, Philippine Star, Japan Today.

These are some of the foreign media that have published full length complete news stories of the Army led imposition of martial law in Thailand.

Numerous posts are trying to present the completely false impression, belief, myth, invention, that the foreign media globally have ignored the Army led imposition of martial law in Thailand.

Consequently, this post is to kill that campaign at TVF once and for all.

As I said, any time and every time I see any more posts at TVF that wrongfully attempt to propagate the false information the foreign media have abandoned democracy in Thailand, I shall repost this post.

Here's the Google Search link to any or all of the stories at the news sources itemized above and a whole lot more throughout the world:

https://www.google.com.hk/webhp?hl=zh-CN&sourceid=cnhp#hl=zh-

For an intelligent poster your reading skills broke down on this one.. he means no one else is reporting the possibly 12-24 month timeline .. I don't know if that's correct. Because I will wait for the results of the talks.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As an unintelligent poster your comment is predictably off the mark and completely misrepresents my post. There have bee numerous posts to more than one thread saying the foreign MSM, print, broadcast, cable-satellite, online, have not reported the imposition of marital law in Thailand. Your gross misrepresentation of my post is not appreciated in the least.

How on earth did I misrepresent you post when you were answering a post on THIS thread referring to this OP.

Stop being ridiculous!

The General needs to put a gun to the head of the EC. They did not do their job. They were asked to think and provide their best solution. What was provided was a FENCE SITTING GUTLESS either or. Any one of us could have provided the same scenarios without having to go away and think. It actually is the position of the fighting parties. One wants an immediate election while the other wants to wait 2 years. Nothing new was added and in fact the process has been hurt.

The General should clap him in irons and send him to prison to sit and wait until the entire mess is sorted out. He should then establish an idiot wall for public viewing and place a pic of the first man sent to prison. Put his #2 in charge and re-issue the order. Give me a solution. Then everybody would see that the General means business and the Armed Forces does not play children's games.

Just saying ....

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Not sure why it's either in one to two months or else in 1 to 2 years, one flexible time frame should be enough. The most important thing is that they actually do work during that time and have the elections when all is sorted out, it's very important that all the parties view the country as one big interest and work for all regions and people.

Dont tv user think its strange only Khaosod write about it. no foreigner media has been writing about it. So maybe not a problem, but good for Thailand for a period of time

Any time and every time a PDRC type makes a completely false post saying no foreign media have reported the military's imposition of martial law, I will re-post this post.

Some of the foreign media reporting fully and prominently on the imposition of martial law by the army:

USA Today, Huffington Post, Forbes, Fox News, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Zero Hedge, CNBC, China Daily, BBC, National Public Radio USA, Yahoo News, Al Jazeera, The Guardian, Bloomberg News, Washington Post, ABC News USA, ABC News Australia, RTE, New York Times, CBS News USA, Associated Press, Reddit, Haaretz, Voice of America, Euro News, Sky News, Market Watch, AOL, New York Post, MSN, The Big Story, Straits Times, The Hindu, Economist, Washington Times, Denver Post, Newsweek, Time Inc, Times of Israel, ITV News, Investment Watch, Christian Science Monitor USA, Japan Times, Public Broadcasting System USA, Xinhua, Philippine Star, Japan Today.

These are some of the foreign media that have published full length complete news stories of the Army led imposition of martial law in Thailand.

Numerous posts are trying to present the completely false impression, belief, myth, invention, that the foreign media globally have ignored the Army led imposition of martial law in Thailand.

Consequently, this post is to kill that campaign at TVF once and for all.

As I said, any time and every time I see any more posts at TVF that wrongfully attempt to propagate the false information the foreign media have abandoned democracy in Thailand, I shall repost this post.

Here's the Google Search link to any or all of the stories at the news sources itemized above and a whole lot more throughout the world:

https://www.google.com.hk/webhp?hl=zh-CN&sourceid=cnhp#hl=zh-

For an intelligent poster your reading skills broke down on this one.. he means no one else is reporting the possibly 12-24 month timeline .. I don't know if that's correct. Because I will wait for the results of the talks.

You absolute right. I know every media in the world has article about what is happening here in Thailand. I was searching last night when I was reading about this, and was unable to get the 12-24 month timeline confirm anywhere in the foreigner media.

You didn't say that in your post which I quote in my reply to it. .

Your post to which I replied does not say anything about a 12-24 month timeline, which is what you now claim you, ahem, meant.

Your post, as with the other same posts to other threads the past two days, makes a single thought broad unqualified statement, an unqualified statement that is sweeping and all inclusive, without any mention of the MSM supposedly failing to mention a 12-24 month timeline.

The "Likes" to my post clearly indicate you are ingenuous in your new and silly attempt to backtrack to now and after the fact, retrospectively, qualify your first post above.

Too late.

My reply to your post is valid. You are not.

Truly sumtingwong with you...

Mister Max, One of the Tenets of a Democracy is that everyone get an equal chance to a vote. Otherwise, it is not a democracy.

"Everyone has the right to take part in the government of his country, directly or through freely chosen representatives... The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government; this will shall be expressed in periodic and genuine elections which shall be by universal and equal suffrage and shall be held by secret vote or by equivalent free voting procedures."
Article 21, Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948

http://www.democracyweb.org/elections/principles.php

Don't ruin Democracy with an election. Marshall law is the lesser of three evils. Not everyone should get a vote.

Free?!?! Does that mean they will not be paid to vote?

casualbiker, on 22 May 2014 - 09:08, said

carstenp, on 22 May 2014 - 09:23, said:

You absolute right. I know every media in the world has article about what is happening here in Thailand. I was searching last night when I was reading about this, and was unable to get the 12-24 month timeline confirm anywhere in the foreigner media.

Your later post makes a claim of the first post that is false.

Your pal in the middle doesn't cut it either trying to support your false claim.

Alphonse and Gaston, you and your pal.

laugh.png

Edited by Publicus

I can see Khaosod being taken down in the next day or two.

As usual, reporting massively distorted and politically biased views. Bang against the martial law of press restrictions.

I look forward to reading their dissolution and press license revocation.

This report is a load of old codswallop designed to inflame the situation, and it gave all the red farangs a political hard on.... says it all.

You and the one who likes your post are not much fan of freedom of speech right?

Better shut mouths that voice who has a different opinion than you...

I am glad I still have a brain to discern bs from real news, and that I can do reading any source, no matter how biased.

Someone else likes the "fascist" way.

• Like 1

It's only a democracy if my guys get elected. If the other guys are elected then it's a dictatorship and the election was a fraud. I know the election was a fraud because my wife's cousin saw somebody buying votes at a polling station, but she doesn't know for which candidate, and that's all the proof I need. That's why we can't have elections until the process is fixed reformed so that my guys will get elected. Until then we are better off under a military dictatorship interim government.

Anyway the majority agrees with me, but we can't have an election to prove it.

Best post that I read for last month! Really sums up what many posters here believe but will not admit.

A salient and excellent post indeed that shows up the tired old lines of the PDRC types and their mangled posting shenanigans over the past 6-8 months.

thumbsup.gif

I'm glad you liked it too.

Edited by Publicus

Congratulations on your English, carstenp. ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

Courageous!

It may well take more than two years to root out all the corruption associated with the multi-billion baht scams PTP foisted on the country. And that should be part of the process of a fair election--full knowledge before the election of where the money went, who got it, and who accepted payoffs and bribes.

Would you apply that to only the most recent government or the one before also? Im thinking in particular the billions of baht Suthep stole with his Palm Oil antics?

C'mon they all need a piece of the pie.... Thailand my best thoughts are with you and your people... guess push is coming to shove ... And I do not feel too bad about the military stepping in..... But then what do I know? I do give some credit for the military's stance, they stood back, but perhaps a sense of dignity for the Land that they serve.... It is happening in so many countries.....coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

It's been my experience that, in Thailand, there is less corruption under military rule than under civilian. This is not true elsewhere though.

If you consider re-writting the constitution to give amnesty to soldiers and injecting appointed senators and forcing all to accept referundum for the changes are not corruption, I have nothing much to say.

• Like 2

It's been my experience that, in Thailand, there is less corruption under military rule than under civilian. This is not true elsewhere though.

Have you considered the fact that corruption is less exposed under military rule than civilian rule because of the authoritarian nature of the military? Sarit, for example, could placate the public for a while despite his despotic regime. No one really knew about the corruption. After his death, however, it was revealed in an inheritance battle that he was worth $140 million.

It's hard to compare corruption in a system where you operate under democratic rules and in one where you make your own rules.

• Like 2

It's only a democracy if my guys get elected. If the other guys are elected then it's a dictatorship and the election was a fraud. I know the election was a fraud because my wife's cousin saw somebody buying votes at a polling station, but she doesn't know for which candidate, and that's all the proof I need. That's why we can't have elections until the process is fixed reformed so that my guys will get elected. Until then we are better off under a military dictatorship interim government.

Anyway the majority agrees with me, but we can't have an election to prove it.

Best post that I read for last month! Really sums up what many posters here believe but will not admit.

I agree. I missed this post in amongst all the usual verbiage, so it deserves a bump.

After seven months of turmoil waiting another two years before a proper government is in place is ludicrous.

It's a fun and entertaining country in which to live but every day I thank my lucky stars that I didn't choose to try to make money by running a business here

What a nerd this military appointed puppet Somchai is - to do what he says the constitution needs to be amended and that apparently is according to the con. court (pun intented) illegal hahaha - or is it only illegal if the "wrong" side tries to amend it?

I am sure the con. court will come up with a solution that satisfies the yellow crowd and will declare the constitution can now be amended!

The absence of law enforcement, selective law enforcement, corruption, nepotism and kangaroo courts are the root problems of this country and they will not be addressed during "reforms" the only thing they will reform is election and related laws so they can scam the Thai people into "winning"

Corruption is part of the Thai culture only an idiot would think the mindset of a nation will change in a few month! Tougher laws are useless because of selective enforcement.

This pathetic excuse for an EC commissioner should resign today he is a failure - and take the rest of your yellow puppets with you!

The Thai people will decide who governs them one way or the other - and not some Somchai in Bangkok!

So now I feel better!

• Like 1

i start to think that all this is just an excuse not to start with ASEAN in 2015 smile.png

I know you meant that tongue in cheek, but I wonder if you are onto something there? Universities are changing to the new yearly terms already this August in preparation but without a government Thailand can claim a deferment perhaps on AEC Asean cooperation.

Please tell us your first hand experiences?

Some of my business dealings where almost impossible to done during the Taksin years. Being in the province prior to Taksin and soon after the coup, all went back to paying the right people. During the Taksin years the only way I could get something "pushed through" was by a paying a very high rate as the risk for them was high. I always received the answer "bangkok is watching, I cannot". I was not a fan of Taksin but the gov. workers were scared at that time without the right paperwork.

Other things I noticed during his time, were laws being infored that were on the books, such as bars closing at late hours, liqueur sales only sold on during legal hours and bangkok police constantly checking inn on the local police and the crack down on the Yaba heads. The many Yaba heads use to scare the hell out of me on their motorbikes and crazy behavior.

During the coup years and soon after, the loan sharks were operating openly with impunity, jet ski scam and the local bib had a cred. card scam going. I never saw these things happening before the coup. These were my first hand experiences.

It may well take more than two years to root out all the corruption associated with the multi-billion baht scams PTP foisted on the country. And that should be part of the process of a fair election--full knowledge before the election of where the money went, who got it, and who accepted payoffs and bribes.

Would you apply that to only the most recent government or the one before also? Im thinking in particular the billions of baht Suthep stole with his Palm Oil antics?

But But Suthep................., A good liberal statement.

It is a coup! I hope US and other embassies seems it that way asap. You can also send e-mail to your emabassy/consulate to say you support democracy and Thai constitution (which clearly tells to have an election asap). I pitty those brave some 30 million people who voted and will vote in an election(s). Everybody should also know that vote buying has been a long tradition in Thai politics just made "know" during Thaksin period. Corruption done by Suthep (who is considered not that wealthy just owning few billions) is much much worse than T. did. The problem/challenge is between Siam and Thailand as a whole. finally last time military picked the government, it was the most corrupted government in decades in Thailand

Tough luck for you that most foreigners support the anti government, so if you start that action maybe an other action starts to counter it.

I know I would have no problem emailing my embassy supporting the anti government in removal of this corrupt government.

I have in fact posted on forums of my home country explaining them what really is going on and how corrupt they are here and how they abuse power and all the nepotism around here.

Blah, blah, blah...and Thaksin did this and Thaksin did that, and corruption blah, blah, blah, ad nauseum.

If you could come down off your Anti-Thaksin soapbox for a few minutes, maybe you could enlighten yourself with an explanation of what's really happening here and why. I would recommend anything by Kevin Hewison or Andrew Marshall. There's a great article on The Economist's website that was written on March 18, 2010. And last, but not least - if you truly want to learn about Thai politics and discuss it without embarrassing yourself, you need to do it on websites OUTSIDE of Maithailand because of lese majeste. But, you already knew that, right? Right!?!

• Like 1

While at it rooting out all the corruption, kindly look into the 163 police hosing units worth 3B Baht and the 396 police stations worth 5.848B Baht under Ahbisit tenureship which are not built. Thank you.

While at it rooting out all the corruption, kindly look into the 163 police hosing units worth 3B Baht and the 396 police stations worth 5.848B Baht under Ahbisit tenureship which are not built. Thank you.

Which amazingly stopped being investigated when it started to become clear it wasn't the Abhisit governments fault but closer to home ...