My Thai Girl keeps Asking for Money.

benj005

May I suggest: Website / Expat that really understands Thai women: www.livingthai.com

Website tells you the Expat wild life...which is fun etc.. and he has alot of good information

But he also then says, when you are truly looking for the "Right" Lady, you should not treat her with money,

you should treat her at her present level:

Example:

- Learn Thai with her... to emphasize her culture, not always yours

- Eat local, not Expat restaurants

- Do not try to impress her with some high end living

- Goto local clubs, not a high $ Expat club

- Goto the lake/local beach, not a 5 day tour of Phuket living the high life.

Why? If she loves you, she will appreciate you. Not the money you are spending on her

Once a Thai lady sees your money, it is almost nature to want the money equally to the person.

I think the guy has wise advice.

You may also find that you learn 10x more about Thai Culture in this way.

Hi, Lotsa views eh? My Thai WIFE, never asked for a penny until she proved to me she was worth every cent, dollar, dime, kroner and drop of sweat. Your girlfriend's anger is a giveaway __ I doubt she's a keeper. Look away friend.

There are tons of nice girls in korea. upscale, outside the box, attractive, interesting, bilingual and come from a country with one of the best education systems in the world, and typically are not in the "get your money" business.

• Like 1

At thirty-five and unmarried, she is feeling unloved and insecure. You should use as much of your money as possible to help allay those feelings. You will find then that her gratitude towards you will dissipate her anger and turn to feelings of love and tenderness.

In addition, look for another job; teaching doesn't pay much, even in Korea.

Probably the worst advice I have every seen on TV.

You are actually suggesting the best way to deal with a gold-digger

is to throw more money at her??? Surely, you are not serious...

Sarcasm I think!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"She is 35 years old. No children and has never been married. She's attractive as well."

You should have smelt something wrong there already, she's either mad, a predator chicken or both, run and look for better one!

Or Maybe Lesbian?

• Like 1

There are tons of nice girls in korea. upscale, outside the box, attractive, interesting, bilingual and come from a country with one of the best education systems in the world, and typically are not in the "get your money" business.

But you cannot help who you love.

Let me suggest a useful book for you and her. It's called 'Thai Fever' ... horrible name and with a horrible cover (looks like bar girl on the front). But the contents are actually quite good (even though I don't personally agree with everything). The book was written by a Thai-Farang couple and is intended to be read together by a Thai-Farang couple (it's assumed that the farang is a guy, the thai is a lady). It goes through many different aspects of dealing with such cross-cultural relationships: behavioural norms, expectations on both sides, how both sides can interpret the same event differently, etc. Some sections are directed more at the Thai woman and others more at the farang man. What's really useful about the book is that the left page is written in Thai and the right page in English, with exactly the same content. And the book is very balanced in the sense that it never suggests one perspective is better than the other... just different.

My gf loved it ... she read it cover-to-cover. When we first met 4 years ago, I knew much more about Thai culture than she did about western culture. What she knew about farangs she got from TV, movies, and friends with their own biases. The book was useful for her to understand how westerners see relationships versus Thais ... and we both see the merits in both. For example, farangs sometimes struggle with single-minded dedication that a lot of Thai girls have to taking care of their parents; many Thais believe that farangs care nothing for their parents and ship them off to prison-like old-age homes at the first opportunity. This book does a nice job of explaining different values and cutting through the stereotypes.

Anyway, all this is to say that if you salvage this relationship and you want to avoid similar incidents in future--ok, 'avoid' is too strong a word--you may want to look for this book. Most of all, so that she understands you are not being driven by 'selfishness' and so you can understand that she might not simply be the gold-digger others are suggesting.

• Like 1