Hypocrisy can amplify human rights problems

Lite Beer

Very well put. Much that coups are 'dirty' I challenge anyone to condemn this coup without mentioning that it seized power from an 'elected govt' that had handed power over to an unelected fugitive criminal for 3 years. No difference then between Thaksin in charge or a general. Same difference, not the person the people 'selected'.

The Shins never told me when I had to return to my hotel.

• Like 1

Very well put. Much that coups are 'dirty' I challenge anyone to condemn this coup without mentioning that it seized power from an 'elected govt' that had handed power over to an unelected fugitive criminal for 3 years. No difference then between Thaksin in charge or a general. Same difference, not the person the people 'selected'.

So who does the power belong to then?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

4 biggest problems are: Apathy, greed, concern over losing face and of course driving skills.

I would like to add "poor education" to the list.

Yes, education in Thailand is pityful and pathetic. An MBA here is little more than a funny joke.

This coup is only about holding onto power, greed and corruption by the elitists who control Thailand.

This about the 12th coup d'etat and still the country is run by the same old cronies.

I reported before the measure of these people and how specifically they treat their own people aswell as foreigners.

Thailand does it everyday. Rules specifically designed to descriminate against foreigners (non Thais) has been implemented for decades.

Foreigners cannot own land

Foreigners cannot own a business outright only 49%

Foreigners cannot get a loan without a work permit

Foreigners cannot get a subscription eg: telephone

Foreigners cannot open a bank account without a work permit

Foreigners have no rights when married to a Thai

Foreigners can only do certain jobs, most others are reserved for Thais only

Foreigners with work permit must report to immigration every 90 days

and the list goes on.

As for legal refugees and asylum-seekers, well they just sell them off to slave 
labour, incarcerate them, sexually and physically abuse them.

Thailands appaling treatment of the Rohingya people.

http://tastythailand.com/rohingya-muslims-kept-in-overcrowded-dirty-cages-in-thailand-for-months-video/

http://www.hrw.org/world-report/2013/country-chapters/thailand?page=3

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/2008-2013-five-years-hell-boatpeople-thailand-secretly-tries-options-19358/

Rohingya boatpeople by the Reuters news agency on July 17 reported such crimes against humanity by the Thai authorities, but it seems that most are not taking much notice or turning a blind eye.

When you plan to take your next holiday or living there, just remember the type of nation your supporting !

Here's some feedback and thoughts on your list of discrimination against foreigners, Please let me know where I am wrong.

Foreigners cannot own land <-- This is to prevent chineese or other foreigners from bying the entire nation.

Foreigners cannot own a business outright only 49%
 <-- See above

Foreigners cannot get a loan without a work permit <-- This sounds bad. I understand not giving loans to tourists :) but to retired people that have ties with the community (own house etc) should be able to get a loan imho. So in this case I agree.

Foreigners cannot get a subscription eg: telephone <-- Not true in practice, many people i know have subscriptions on tourist visas!

Foreigners cannot open a bank account without a work permit <- Not true in practice, many people i know have bank accounts on tourist visas!

Foreigners have no rights when married to a Thai
 <-- Please elaborate? you mean when divorcing, or?

Foreigners can only do certain jobs, most others are reserved for Thais only <-- This is to keep up employment for thais,, Makes complete sense,, it's not aimed _against_ foreigners, but _for_ thais .. I think it's the same in many countries around the world.

Foreigners with work permit must report to immigration every 90 days <-- I lean on agreeing with you on this one. But I would be interested in hearing what they thought when they came up with this rule and how they reasoned about it before i judge.

To prevent Chinese from buying the whole country?

Lololololol

Its to stop the Thai Chinese having to compete and overpay if the white man entered the market.

Your statement is really one of the most naive I've ever read on thaivisa

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1