Mail forwarding company in US State that is participating in Medicaid "expanded"

Hello, I'm curious if anyone has a reputable mail forwarding company in one of the states that is "participating" in Medicaid expanded in a US State, e.g. Oregon. <br>

Because as a retiree, I would then claim residency there, and be able to earn up to 133% of the federal poverty level($18,000) , and obtain no cost insurance, and hence be in compliance with the mandate to have insurance,

<br>

or if not at least, in the future, i would have it set up appropriately thx

<br><br>

States not participating in Medicaid Expansion<br>

<br>

Alabama<br>

Georgia<br>

Idaho<br>

Iowa<br>

Louisiana<br>

Maine<br>

Mississippi<br>

North Carolina<br>

Oklahoma<br>

Pennsylvania<br>

South Dakota:<br>

Oklahoma:<br>

Texas<br>

Wisconsin<br>

States leaning towards not participating in Medicaid Expansion<br>

Nebraska<br>

Wyoming<br>

Edited by chubby

You do realize that if you qualify for the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (spend 330 days in a year outside the US) , then the insurance mandate does not apply to you? Appologies if you are already aware; just checking because, for all its flaws, there is a lot of misinformation around Obamacare about.

wai2.gif it will not happen.

You will not find a doctor in Thailand who will accept payment from Medicare/Medicaid because the Social Security system will take so long to authorize payment for their services here in Thailand

And then also you will find it very difficult to get medications mailed to you here from the U.S. Insulin for diabetics is a prime example. Big problem for diabetics getting Insulin shipped here to Thailand

Then thirdly, the Social Security itself does not allow most Medicare/Medicaid services OUTSIDE of the United States.

They will tell you themselves they will NOT authorize Medicare/Medicaid outside the U.S. and those who need Medicare/Medicaid must return to the U.S. to get those services.

Believe me, I done the whole run around with the S.S.A. on that.

They just gave me a new Medicaid card, and my authorization notice that came with the card specifically states that as I reside outside the U.S. I can only get Medicaid part B coverage (prescription drugs) when I am physically in the U.S.

The only good thing about carrying around that useless Medicaid card here in Thailand is that some people are fooled into believing that you must have insurance coverage if you have the card.

yes, but you see, if it is free , then there is no reason not to have it, and if i happen to spend > 30 days inside the usa, then i don't have to deal with the IRS "test" etc

I don't know anything about your medicaid situation. But I use http://www.shipito.com for mail forwarding. They do have a location in Oregon. I will warn you in advance that their sign up process is a pain in the butt and vehemently complained to them. However, after I was signed up, their service has been excellent for forwarding packages.

Since most states have a residency requirement to participate in their portion of Medicaid Expansion, I would think that declaring residency via a mail forwarding company would amount to fraud

To the OP, since you are claiming that you are an expat then you are not required to be in compliance with the mandate to have insurance. There is no mandate for those individuals living overseas

• Like 1

seems like maintaining an address, is the only residency that many expats actually have, I wonder, what an expat does, if for whatever reason they spend a few days in home country over the limit , regarding state taxes (is their address is in a state that has state income/investment taxes ) and now the ACA...

Whether they "visit" the state makes no difference when it comes to income taxes if their state collects it they will have their own rules on tax liability for expats as well as residence rules.

ACA has rules for what constitutes an expat for ACA purposes and has exceptions for "travellers"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app