Looking To Dump True For Cablestreamer

Jeffrey346

Yes I did. They are quoting just under B13000 for the box and B3000 for the subscription. Folks here said they paid B11000 and B2100.

Can't imagine them raising the price that much in a couple of months.

I have it. Absolutely awesome. My entire group of friends has it . Just get and internet connection and this. Game over.

There are other providers but service matters if something goes wrong and they replace defects straight away as they did with a friends box .

I have it. Absolutely awesome. My entire group of friends has it . Just get and internet connection and this. Game over.

There are other providers but service matters if something goes wrong and they replace defects straight away as they did with a friends box .

Did you buy from the distributor in BKK? Can you tell me the price paid?

I believe they also go under another name?, I would never buy another

box again,over the years I have paid out for boxes and dishes for services

that at the time looked good,only to vanish into the ether a few months later.

True I got rid of several years ago,expensive rubbish,now I can watch what i

want when i want with no adds,latest series,movies,docs,news, just stream

from several sites,for free,i also have ilikeHD,which provides everything you

have on True and CTH,that is worth watching,requires no box,just stream

from PC to Tv, via HDMI cable.

Regards Worgeordie

I see no mention of the legality of this cablestreamer solution.

Is it legal to stream these channels live?

If not, it would be risky to purchase the solution only to have TRUE squash it.

From what I understand they are not pirating True's network. The provider of the content is a major entertainment provider. That is why there is a yearly subscription price.

The boxes that pirate sell the box with no subscription fees. They seem to disappear after 3 months or so.

From what I understand they are not pirating True's network. The provider of the content is a major entertainment provider. That is why there is a yearly subscription price.

The boxes that pirate sell the box with no subscription fees. They seem to disappear after 3 months or so.

Thanks.

I would be happy to end my service with TRUE as I am not happy with it at all. I notice that the Thai HD channels are anything but HD. They look like channels looked from the 80s in Europe.

Will take a look at prices and compare

The Maige resellers here in Thailand are marking up the boxes from B2000 to B4000. I found out they can be purchased direct for B10000. They will ship via DHL or Fedex at no additional cost.

They seem share information freely and said a new box will be released in a few months with upgraded features.

I'm going to wait for the new box.

Edited by astral
Removal of long quote - Please use Reply button a the bottom

The new box is hd2s and already selling on cablestreamer - you can get it for 11500 if you ask them , includes the latest box just released two weeks ago and a years internet subscription.

The old box - white and chunky is only 7500 - a bit slower with the old interface .

There is no newer version of maige tv box that isn't already available on cablestreamer.

One year renew is is 2500- 3k depending on exchange rates at the time .

The difference is I guess local Bangkok service for faults compared to say and odd supplier from Alibaba etc - and they do fail as my friend did.

I have an old white box and a new black box (Maige TV) very happy with both....will not be renewing my very long standing True Visions Platinum subscription when it comes due later this year (overpriced per year and fewer channels...and stops working when it rains or when there is a coup--twice now)...

got the boxes from China through aliexpress dot com

I bought the original Maige box from the local Thai distributor and found him to be incompetent. It failed a couple of months ago and it took him a month to reply when I contacted him about getting it repaired and he has now had it for a month and I have had no replies from him about when it will be returned.

I ordered the HD2 box recently from www.maige-tv.com and am very happy with it, as the declared value is only 15 USD there was no import duty to be paid. Also to renew the subscription is on 85 USD a year.

• 3 weeks later...

As a follow up to this, I ordered the HD2S box from maige-tv.com last Wednesday afternoon, and it arrived last Friday (yep, that fast). Some observations from the first few days:

* The speed at which videos start to play is impressive. The worst I have seen is maybe 2-3 secs of buffering before a stream plays, and once playing it's absolutely rock solid. When flipping through channels, they start playing considerably faster then TrueVisions.

* HD quality seems to vary by title - some are very sharp and appear to be 1080i or 1080P (animations mainly, so expect they have lighter bitrate demands), most appear to be only 720P though (yep I have setup the box to output 1080P, confirmed that's the res being sent, and I have plenty of bandwidth to spare)

* Side by side comparisons on World Cup football - TrueVisions 1080i is definitely a clearer picture, but MaigeTV quality is still passable on all but my 65" plasma - but would be passable if you didn't know better :P

* There is a lot less Movies-on-demand than I was expecting - only a few hundred. But the titles are decent, if not comprehensive.

* It has a *huge* amount of play-on-demand TV series (>1000 series). Pretty much everything popular in the US is there, with episode level navigation. Not enough time yet to determine how much lag there is from original broadcast to MaigeTV, but series like "24:Live Another Day" seem up to date compared to AXN on TrueVisions.

Drawbacks:

* The only thing in English is the main navigation - all titles, synopsis' etc are in Chinese - the only way you can find anything it too look at the cover art, and sometimes that's difficult to read, or came from a different marketing dept. so not what you'd be used to looking out for.

* The search feature doesn't work unless you enter Chinese - forget searching for a title in English

* There doesn't appear to be any way to disable the Chinese subtitles

Overall, it was still a good buy. TV series support is great (no more downloading, renaming, and copying episodes), and the range of HD channels beats TrueVisions, even if they're not quite as clear as True (but still way better than SD).

Anyone who thinks these boys are legally rebroadcasting content they have paid for is living in cloud cuckoo land.

But as for getting closed down - good luck with that.

Edited by Chicog

I believe they also go under another name?, I would never buy another

box again,over the years I have paid out for boxes and dishes for services

that at the time looked good,only to vanish into the ether a few months later.

True I got rid of several years ago,expensive rubbish,now I can watch what i

want when i want with no adds,latest series,movies,docs,news, just stream

from several sites,for free,i also have ilikeHD,which provides everything you

have on True and CTH,that is worth watching,requires no box,just stream

from PC to Tv, via HDMI cable.

Regards Worgeordie

How does ilikeHD work? The channel line up and seems pretty decent, is the stream nice and clear? I take it HBO and The movie channels has Thai subtitles also?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks for the very helpful report, IMHO.

When you ordered from maige-tv, what items did you order? Did the Maige TV HD2S ($319.00) includes the remote and subscription?

Jeffrey346 in post #20 mentioned that there will be a new model soon. Is it?

Like I said, I bought the HD2S, I have no info on any newer models, but unless the new model addresses the downsides I listed, I can't see what other benefit it could provide.

• 1 month later...

My experience cablesteamer-

pro- great TV series collections, pretty much as they come out in the US and huge library- very clear pictures; OK movies selection, good quality

cons- most of the TV channels the sycinng between sound and lips movements are out- so people move their mouths and second or so later you can hear their voices- this makes most of the TV channels unwatchable for me (i have 14 MPS internet service, though this varies from 5-10 mps on most days!).

On balance, worth getting for the TV series.