How much pocket money should I give my Thai girlfriend?

ppmacready

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The msz pays for True Visions, utilities, 40% of house repayments, groceries and kids clothes and other stuff like her own car and apartment. Who tf pays for a girlfriend??

Who tf pays for a girlfriend ??

You are taking the rise are you not.

Thailand ASEAN Hub for rent a wife,girlfriend or ladyboy for that matter.

10000 20000THB per month is fair, if she cooks, cleans, and takes care of you. Really simple math considering the services rendered. Pay by month with NO advances and if u split, nothing lost. Oh, give a little gold thing on birthday and double up at New Year's, just like a salary.

Keep the employee dimension foremost in YOUR mind to be happy; certainly she will, but not with malice if you chose well.

Intelligent reply.

Were on the same page.

As I'm on speaking terms with all my X's Falang and Thai, I feel no malice.

Breaking it down.

I get <deleted> 3 -4 times a day. ( thats in the contract)

I keep the cleaner 2 days a week. I like continuity!

And my daughter always says don't ever get rid of the cleaner!

Cooking , cleaning where necessary, washing, ironing etc.

Runs my daughter to tutors, Taekwondo, Yoga, Dancing, Art school, etc etc

My girlfriends are all ways exceptional value for money!

Although the grass always looks greener.

In Fillys I could get 2 for the price of one!

I feel having a good sense of humour.

A logical, sensible mind.

And a firm but fair approach to the Thai girls here.

Regardless of their occupation and aspirations, they ALL share the same culture.

Thailand truly is Disneyland for men.

With hind site-

My last X girlfriend of 7 years,not a bar girl.

I really fell head over heels in love with.

Not the girl as such, but her chemistry.(The girl I'm with now is a much nicer fun person!)

But I concede I should of bought the X the customary house in her name at the 5 years mark, WITH A 30 YEAR MORTGAGE!

Even lov can make me stupid , but not a c###!

No one in their right mind pays for a girlfriend.

A wife who stays home, takes care of the house, kids etc, totally different.......that is her work and deserves an allowance.

I would never for one second want to give the impression, I am of the same mind as 95% of the guys on here!

If you looked at my car insurance complaint post, I'm sure you would understand I'm not!

I never complain about living in the land of lies.

Its paradise for guys over 40.

A tough learning curve for the doormats and intellectually challenged though.

first off, the one with money never depreciates in value... ever. if anything, SHE does. because if you pay her, she will only get more greedy. (stay away from balconies)

next, believe it or not, there are women in your situation. None are located in soi cowboy, nana, pattaya, etc etc.

third, there will be an actual woman that likes you whom you wont have to pay. but you cant be like a swimming pool in thailand (shallow)

believe it or not. you will get what you want. the problem is in the results.

how does the saying go?

"if you want free booze expect a fist up your butt. ladies drink free"

If you are living together 30000 baht a month but she pay for everything,rent,food,water,electricity,school for kids,plane ticket if you want to go back home for a couple of weeks every 6 months.Every 3 months you give her cash 90000 baht bonus.If you are not living with her you give her nothing

Edited by mickjn

I reckon my wife saves me a small fortune, She is very good with money and often talks me out of spontaneous purchases.

She knows where I keep my wallet, and what I have is hers. Although she voluntarily accounts for every cent she spends; hardly any of it is for herself.

I like my deal, 9 good years so far.

Long may it continue sir.

To answer the op's question, i think most guys who are willing to pay give between 10 and 20k a month but the amount really depends on how much she is use to getting. I think a man's age may increase or decrease the amount by 25 percent or perhaps more depending on how he looks and his ability to pay. Also, If a guy has a ton of money his gf will expect a big paycheck.

Having said all of that.... I once thought that for an older guy in Thailand to have a gf 30 years younger or more you needed to give them a monthly paycheck. I tried this twice and both times the results were not so great. Both relationships ended as the money was never enough and there was never any trust or honesty on either side.

I am older but as I am told by many people I still look young. I would also add that I have always been perhaps a little above normal in the looks department... Not bragging just saying.... A few years ago I changed my ways and decided that I will no longer hand money over to a girl every month just so i could have someone young and sweet to enjoy in bed everyday. I found that if I avoid these types of ladies and spend my time in and around places where no bargirls or similar types hang out I can score for free. I have found that you never really have to give a paycheck to any lady to be with you. There are many young, sweet, beautiful, cute, lovely girls out there who are only looking for someone honest who will treat them nice. They want a guy who looks smart and is not a drunk or pushy. Age is a factor but it is mostly about personality and looks. If you are 60, good looking, speak nice and perhaps a little Thai, smile a lot and don't have a big beer gut you can pick up girls in their twenties all day long for free. The only down side is that these ladies look at you as more than just a friend or customer and you can not just push them away so easy. They are looking for a future and looking for perhaps money down the road. I pay my rent and all the electric, water etc. I also pay when we go out to eat and drink. I never just hand over money. The girls I select all work normal jobs and have their own spending money.

Never date a girl who ever had sex for money or a girl who does not have a real job. Both will expect money and have no idea how to spend or save.

There are exceptions to every rule but this is my experience.

At least a sensible answer.

Unlike the previous one.

So many air heads and guys teaching English for 30K a month on here.

I'm happy to pay as I go.

As I believe nothing lasts for ever.

A business like arrangement that is 'fair' to both party's.

I start off immediately paying 20k a month,If I fall in love I throw in a company car, medical insurance,shopping trips to Singapore, but I never increase the pocket money.

I tell them there's no marriage and no divorce settlement in the future.

But they imagine once his fallen in love with me, Ill get a car, nice house with a pool etc in my name.

So quite logically they do their very best to please.

It makes for a very hot, long honeymoon period.

And almost painless endings.

As time goes by and the relationship starts to cool off, it helps both party's to decide, ''is the squeeze worth the juice''?

Had 18 wonderful years here and still on speaking terms with all my x girlfriends and never been assaulted by any.

They are only capable of playing draughts, where as some Falang here are capable of playing chess.

Of course there are the guys who can't even beat the girls at draughts.

Trolls- don't blame the player, blame the game.

There was hardly any sensibility in his post .

A 20 year old does not find a 60 year old attractive , no matter what you like to believe.

A 20 year old going for 60 year old is looking for a payout.

Just because some "above average " looks does not give her money in the morning, it does not mean she did not want money.

Putting that aside, a decent, educated 20 year old would most certainly not go for 60 year old, leaving only the poor one looking for ling term payout.

By the way the 30k a month young teachers who you look down upon do get it for free because they are young and fun.

And no I am not a teacher

first off, the one with money never depreciates in value... ever. if anything, SHE does. because if you pay her, she will only get more greedy. (stay away from balconies)

next, believe it or not, there are women in your situation. None are located in soi cowboy, nana, pattaya, etc etc.

third, there will be an actual woman that likes you whom you wont have to pay. but you cant be like a swimming pool in thailand (shallow)

believe it or not. you will get what you want. the problem is in the results.

how does the saying go?

"if you want free booze expect a fist up your butt. ladies drink free"

Check the sentence, take note of the word 'with'-

Bare in mind, from day one you are with a 'depreciating asset'.

You misunderstand.

I WANT TO PAY!

I much prefer this pay as you go business side of the Thai culture here.

Suits my way of life perfectly.

But I didn't arrive here thinking I was some kind of white knight on his horse going to save a damsel in distress.

​I came here to extend my bachelor lifestyle I enjoyed in UK.

Having a judge sort out the pros and cons of a failed relationship, has never sat well with me.

Shallow probably.

And perfectly happy in the bubble I create, as I'm sure are all the members who post on Thai Visa with there inspirational replys.

I can afford the 20k but f### that. Tell her to get a job or meet a girl with a job.

Never pay a dime..

No-one paid YOU when you were young and handsome..

Resist the female entitlement mentality....google 'manosphere'

Hahaha I still am young and handsome...

Ppmacready did you come to this conclusion after your 7 year relationship ended or were you also paying your long term x 20k per month?

Sent from my c64

The Thai people in general are egocentric and do not easily fall in love in the true sense as much as they look for material security,

What a heap of crap!

You would have to take that up with.

Dr Komin, she is a Senior Fulbright Scholar and a member of the Thai Royal Educational Patronage Society. She is Internationally respected and the leading expert on the psychology of the Thai people. Dr. Komin is Thai.

• Like 1

I can afford the 20k but f### that. Tell her to get a job or meet a girl with a job.

Never pay a dime..

No-one paid YOU when you were young and handsome..

Resist the female entitlement mentality....google 'manosphere'

Hahaha I still am young and handsome...

Ppmacready did you come to this conclusion after your 7 year relationship ended or were you also paying your long term x 20k per month?

Sent from my c64

No.

Ive always paid as I go.

But when I started with my X, I was 10 years younger,15 kilos lighter, so I only gave her 10K pocket money a month.

Increasing gradually over the years.

Sweet company car though!

We all know guys who really do have 'special' girlfriends.

But we also know they remain a very, very small %.

I'm backing the odds.

I've been happily playing the game here for 18 years and seen nothing that has remotely changed my mind I'm doing it all wrong.

'Firm but fair'.

There is no chain on the door,barring the exit if they are unhappy and wish to leave.

I've never taken shit from a child, a women or a dog.

And Ive never had any sympathy for guys crying in there beer, that they have been ripped of by an uneducated Thai girl.

Consequently I get called, callus and cynical by the doormats.

Yet, kind hearted and generous by my friends I do charity work with.

Go figure who is right?

Good luck to ALL the guys on here that are happily living with a 'special' Thai girl.

Long may it continue.

Chock Dee.

• Like 1

The Thai people in general are egocentric and do not easily fall in love in the true sense as much as they look for material security,

What a heap of crap!

Dr Komin, she is a Senior Fulbright Scholar and a member of the Thai Royal Educational Patronage Society. She is Internationally respected and the leading expert on the psychology of the Thai people. Dr. Komin is Thai.

Never heard of a Senior Fulbright scholar or the Thai Royal Educational Patronage Society.

I be he's Chinese and married to a farang.

What a heap of crap!

Never heard of a Senior Fulbright scholar or the Thai Royal Educational Patronage Society.

And yet here you are seemingly able to read and write English

Have you tried to google her ?

Suntaree Komin, Ph.D.

To answer the op's question, i think most guys who are willing to pay give between 10 and 20k a month but the amount really depends on how much she is use to getting. I think a man's age may increase or decrease the amount by 25 percent or perhaps more depending on how he looks and his ability to pay. Also, If a guy has a ton of money his gf will expect a big paycheck.

Having said all of that.... I once thought that for an older guy in Thailand to have a gf 30 years younger or more you needed to give them a monthly paycheck. I tried this twice and both times the results were not so great. Both relationships ended as the money was never enough and there was never any trust or honesty on either side.

I am older but as I am told by many people I still look young. I would also add that I have always been perhaps a little above normal in the looks department... Not bragging just saying.... A few years ago I changed my ways and decided that I will no longer hand money over to a girl every month just so i could have someone young and sweet to enjoy in bed everyday. I found that if I avoid these types of ladies and spend my time in and around places where no bargirls or similar types hang out I can score for free. I have found that you never really have to give a paycheck to any lady to be with you. There are many young, sweet, beautiful, cute, lovely girls out there who are only looking for someone honest who will treat them nice. They want a guy who looks smart and is not a drunk or pushy. Age is a factor but it is mostly about personality and looks. If you are 60, good looking, speak nice and perhaps a little Thai, smile a lot and don't have a big beer gut you can pick up girls in their twenties all day long for free. The only down side is that these ladies look at you as more than just a friend or customer and you can not just push them away so easy. They are looking for a future and looking for perhaps money down the road. I pay my rent and all the electric, water etc. I also pay when we go out to eat and drink. I never just hand over money. The girls I select all work normal jobs and have their own spending money.

Never date a girl who ever had sex for money or a girl who does not have a real job. Both will expect money and have no idea how to spend or save.

There are exceptions to every rule but this is my experience.

rule 1.

girls 30 years younger than u are not your girlfriend.

rule 2.

see rule number 1..................................lol.

60 year old getting 20 year old thai sex objest for free all day any day all year long...........................hahahaha and HA!

Edited by choochoo

And yet here you are seemingly able to read and write English

Have you tried to google her ?

Suntaree Komin, Ph.D.

I did and see she is, in fact, Thai Chinese. Is she your wife?

What about Thai Royal Educational Patronage Society - can't see that anywhere.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Thai+Royal+Educational+Patronage+Society

And btw, The University of Hawaii is the no1 for Thai people buying PhDs.

Edited by Neeranam

So if Im 24 years old, and my gf is 26 to. She have to give me 2k a month? I will tell her that straight away!! But first ill but on a helmet and a cup

Sent from my GT-I9082L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'd just open a joint account, put in 30k baht and see how long it lasts, if the money has gone in a flash then she's too expensive but over time you'll see her spending habits.

You will learn.

Once you turn the tap on you can't turn it of.

Its never enough.

You will need to set a limit.

Get back to us in 12 months and let us know how your getting on.

So if Im 24 years old, and my gf is 26 to. She have to give me 2k a month? I will tell her that straight away!! But first ill but on a helmet and a cup

Sent from my GT-I9082L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No I'm afraid its a one way street.

But look at who bar fine the young Thai guys in the Karaoke bars and you will be bemused at the least.

The msz pays for True Visions, utilities, 40% of house repayments, groceries and kids clothes and other stuff like her own car and apartment. Who tf pays for a girlfriend??

Who tf pays for a girlfriend ??

You are taking the rise are you not.

Thailand ASEAN Hub for rent a wife,girlfriend or ladyboy for that matter.

I think she doesn't contribute enough

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What is the point in paying for a girlfriend? If you are paying then it is not love, and you will also have all the extra hassles that come with a relationship. If you are prepared to pay, then may as well just regularly go to hookers so you can have your fun without the hassle.

Never had any issues with money with the Missus and boy does she love to shop. The thing is she not looking for brand names and I generally like the clothes and nick naks she buys.

I believe I take pretty good care of her and I like doing that. I'd not be able to tolerate money issues.

What is the point in paying for a girlfriend?

I think some guys find it an easier option than attracting one on merit alone.

Some prefer an employer/employee relationship to one built on equality and mutual respect.

Pretty tragic either way, really.

Edited by SoiBiker