Ex-PMs Thaksin Shinawatra, Yingluck Shinawatra to establish government in exile

Lite Beer

this man doesnt like his country at all , he wants to disturb more and more until he can get a civil war.

Robert Amsterdam is a Canadian, and I doubt you have any evidence he hates his country, although you can find lots that he does want to disturb more and more; he seems to thrive and puff up when he causes disturbances. However, you have more ability to start a civil war than he does.

The ONLY person in the entire world talking about a government in exile is Robert Amsterdam. No one else. (I exclude, out of pity, the dupes on ThaiVisa's Board of International Analytical Excellence, apparently suffering alcohol-withdrawal syndrome symptoms of rage.)

Edited by wandasloan

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no way that any cfountry in SE Asia is going togive them sanctuary.

North Korea maybe.

ASEAN no way it would mean the end of ASEAN

China not a chance noting in it for them

India - new gov't with it's own issues.

Pakistan sorry not islamic

I think one of the African countries might give them sanctuary however,it will be interesting. Also tell me a government in exile that actually accomplished anything.

Again it is a case of the PT Thaksin party yapping for the same of yapping.

Do these people not understand PR.

PRBKK where is your PT slant n this???????

They were referring to Cambodia . . .

China want that high speed rail link.

Yingluck et alia might reasonably expect to have an extended holiday, enjoying the army's hospitality if Thaksin and Amsterdam are making these announcements. No one is going to release them to go running off to create a "government in exile".

Prolonged detention will enrage the masses..... Thaksin is playing his pawns, even while they are in lockdown.

Excellent observation, I think you are right. One of the early moves in chess is to sacrifice

your pawns to gain position. It appears that is what he is doing. Or he has simply lost

the plot and is throwing out bizarre ideas because he is angry. This may be one of his

worst. So clearly he feels that the army really is going to clean house on the Thaksin

cancer.

Otherwise he would do the normal procedure. Meaning wait for the army to fumble

around a few months, then they hold " elections" , which of course are bought, and then

a new Thaksin puppet is running the country, and the looting cycle begins again..

The globalist want to start a civil war in Thailand and eventually return Thaksin to power. It's the only way for them to finish extracting the rest of the wealth from Thailand. It's high time to drop this red-shirt, yellow-shirt crap! It's exactly what they want; Thais killing each other in the streets! Tik-Tok Thailand!

New Government: can you pls keep the schools open? The military thought gatherings of e.g. 7 year old children were a threat last Friday so all closed and parents in organisational dispair. And not sure if children can return to their school chairs tomorrow. They need the rhytm and teaching. Thanks.

Which is exactly what Thaksin wants. Then she ends up looking good, like Aung Suu Kyi

Don't you know that Nelson Mandela was a convicted criminal.

Just like Thaksin, he was put through a kangaroo court by his political enemies, but eventually came out on top.

Yingluck = Aung Suu Kyi

Thaksin = Nelson Mandela

cheesy.gif

the Thaksinites are a laugh a minute

• Like 1

Some folks don't know when it's time to quit, do they?

The purpose of this coup was to root out the Shins and the many other lying, stealing, and corrupt subjects once and for all. And hell yeah, of course General Prayuth will allow an exile-based "government" led by one of the biggest deceptive crooks in Thai history to step in and "save" the country...

Guess there are several more containers full of stolen cash and gold here in Thailand Thaksin needs to get his little greedy hands on to pay for his and his families' expensive life style and to grease the political players that have been spared (so far) from Gen. Prayut's long overdue mass sacking of rotten apples.

Keep up the good work, Gen. Prayut - you have a lot of supporters in Thailand's expat community, I believe even more than you might think!

+1 Agree 100%. Run out of likes.

• Like 1

So much for his ' I've quit politics' mantra. Note to self: never believe the man.

It would be irresponsible of him to allow this current dictatorship to continue their human rights violations unchallenged. He is far from perfect to be sure, but when given the choice between a quasi-corrupt politician and a violent military dictatorship, I'd pick the imperfect politician every time.

Fortunately we do not appear to have a violent military dictatorship. Of course Thaksin is provoking them to create violence. But no problem, what the hell. He's not here.

• Like 2

Which is exactly what Thaksin wants. Then she ends up looking good, like Aung Suu Kyi

Just like Thaksin, he was put through a kangaroo court by his political enemies, but eventually came out on top.

Yingluck = Aung Suu Kyi

Thaksin = Nelson Mandela

cheesy.gif

This is a good laugh indeed cheesy.gif

Yingluck = Aung Suu Kyi

Thaksin = Nelson Mandela

cheesy.gif

Leaving up for grabs, Oak = ?????

• Like 1

You can't scratch your ass in Dubai without the government knowing about it! That's one of the reasons he picked that place.....ultimate security!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

New Government: can you pls keep the schools open? The military thought gatherings of e.g. 7 year old children were a threat last Friday so all closed and parents in organisational dispair. And not sure if children can return to their school chairs tomorrow. They need the rhytm and teaching. Thanks.

You are either a workaholic spoiled sport teacher or a parent sick of having their kids at home.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What would a Govt in exile be able to accomplish? Other than keeping the hate fires burning brightly.

I think the objective is that - in the case of international intervention - the government in exile would be allowed to return to power if the junta were overthrown. Memory may fail me but I think that's happened in other countries with "governments in exile". (No, I can't provide an example but I think it's occurred, historically speaking.)

Dalai Lama has one government in exile for Tibet.

I visited the town once, McLeaod Ganj, a very Indian/Scottish name. And where were the USA when that happened? They did absolutely nothing because there was no oil and they were scared of the Chinese. Pathetic that when a country like Thailand has a legitimate coup that they get their noses into it. I could go on about Iraq, Afganisthan etc but off topic.

Zzzzz. I love these posts about America and its foreign policy. Damned if it does, and damned if it doesn't..... America did not stop China from invading Tibet, so bad bad bad. America does go into other countries for its own reasons, so that is bad bad bad. Too funny for words. And on a side note, Tibet does not really have a government in exile, more like a leader in exile....

And also, in case you did not know it, the King signed the Treaty of Amity with America in the 50s, with it saying in essence if Thailand is invaded, America will come in with all guns blazing to defend it...... Clearly no such treaty existed with Tibet. And the only reason Taiwan still exists instead of being the 47th province of China, is due to its defense treaties with America.....

America scared of China in 1957 ? The same China that Japan went through like a hot knife through butter ?? I cannot even imagine what kind of education you had......

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

thaksin does not when to stop meddling, he is only interested in protecting his fortune, he does not give a .....about thailand.

if he would he would have sit out his 2 years in jail and come back as a hero.

He claims his sister wants to set up this Government in exile so why is he announcing it and not her. It is his desire and he is just using Yinglucks. Does she even know about it. That will be a few more question the army will be asking. Wonder if she has any answers.

Obviously Yingluck is being sequestered by the Army and General Prayuth at the moment. Reports are also her cellular phone has been confiscated too.

The idea of a government in exile is going nowhere due to one fact - money.

When in power in Thailand they had access to the national coffers, patronage in appointments, some private businesses such as SC Asset bringing in money

As soon as they set up a government in exile then the junta will confiscate all of their assets in Thailand, where the majority still is and although Thaksin has wealth himself, this will soon start drying up as he tries to fund a full government/insurrection/secession and although it can cause some problems temporarily, it cannot outlast the assets and firepower that the national junta could amass.

He will think twice about this plan when it starts eating into his own wealth

A government in exile is what exactly? An unelected group of people who get to take over if/when the junta is ousted. So whether or not one agrees with a coup, no foreign government could support such a ''government'' without being hypocritical. I'm also thinking about starting a government in exile, hell, why doesn't everyone start their own governments in exile...

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As others have pointed out, this announcement will give the military an incentive to hold her and other family members longer which will serve two purposes:

1 It will make the Junta look worse and Thaksin look better.

2 It will remove some of his less obedient followers from the decision making process. His sisters will be much more useful as martyrs than as functioning (or dysfunctional) members of his government in exile.

All in all, a shrewd but ruthless move on his part.

General'[s to do list Monday morning. 1. Pay the farmers & defuse the remaining non-rabid-red rural support. 2. Tell Yingluck and the world the good news.

The US, UK and other countries were fairly quick to distance themselves from Thaksin shortly after he was deposed - I think it highly unlikely that they would entertain supporting him now. If the Junta want to resolve this they will plan and organise free elections very soon and invite a task force from the UN to control and manage the elections so that they can be seen to be fair. If they impose sanctions it will be because the army has taken over and prevented democratic rule and not because they support Thaksin or other parties involved. It is time for Thailand to climb down of the face saving pedestal and admit that the current official structures are incapable of running a free election. Anyone directly involved in the protests on either side must be banned from standing in the elections because the biggest mistake that most countries make is allowing the people who organise protest to benefit from it in any way. Does anyone know if the PDRC leader has been detained and, if not why not? If the army is to have any credibility it must maintain complete impartiality and govern for as little time as possible.

People here are very smug about their feelings against Thaksin but I think what everyone is afraid of is that even a fair and free election might still see people who support him elected - otherwise why is everyone so scared of letting the public decide?

Is a fair and free election including vote-buying?

Well seeing as how both sides are doing it, no problem i suppose, that is how Thai politics work and if a poor farmer can make a coiple of extra Bht why not. At the end of the day, he is not as stupid as the Dems think. He will just take the cash and then vote for whom he likes. The fat lady on Koh Samui stood for mayor, after the vote count, she was demanding either a recount or re election as according to her, she only got 14000 votes but had paid for 25000.

Guess what ! she is a yellow shirt (Dem). So nabbie, grow up, learn to think for yourself, do not let yourself be controlled by propaganda and stop making such stupid juvenile remarks on TV. All sides do it !

• Like 1

Yingluck = Aung Suu Kyi

Thaksin = Nelson Mandela

cheesy.gif

Yingluck and Dr. Thaksin may be jokes in your limited community, but the international community sees them differently.

• Like 1

They not say anything about the weapons found in Khon Kaen from red shirts to be used in terrorist attack in Khon Kaen? The weapons found at Aksa road at the Red shirt rall y ? And the US and other countries will support this and recognize this government in exile .?I thought Thailand had already 2 years a government in exile in Dubai nothing news this

For your information If opposition attacks a junta which has taken over a country illegally with force you are not a terrorist but are considered a freedom fighter!

Karma is a bitch violence always invites more violence!

Luckily we do not have a violent Junta or Coup so any violence looks like it will have to start on the other side. Read your last line again. Oh yes Khon Kaen!!!

• Like 1

Thaksin has announced this hopping the general will keep her for a long time and hopefully stare up the red shirts to rise up. I bet his sister did not even know she was helping to form a government in exile.

And the yanks want to keep their noses out. Do you think that the USA would let protesters like we had here try and close down the government and allow them freedom to do what they want, do not think so. They would have the home reserves out in every city loading them into containers and shooting a lot.

I'm shocked at the idiocy of most of the posters here. You prefer a military State or an unelected people's council as opposed to the democratically elected PM who did as much as possible for the people in the face of ridiculous tides of opposition?

I'm guessing most of you wouldn't be able to manage a gas station. Let alone a 3rd world country.

Edited by happysanook
  • Like 2

I can assure all on this board that TRUE Americans support a freely and fairly elected government.

Those spouting all the vitriol are also likely Fox News and Republican Tea Party fanatics (i.e. loonies). Those people are not true Americans. They are zealots and bigots.

true americans...aaaah you mean american indians correct...hahahahahahahaha..you stay in disneyworld boy..

If that's a joke then what is a true Thai?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

As others have pointed out, this announcement will give the military an incentive to hold her and other family members longer which will serve two purposes:

1 It will make the Junta look worse and Thaksin look better.

2 It will remove some of his less obedient followers from the decision making process. His sisters will be much more useful as martyrs than as functioning (or dysfunctional) members of his government in exile.

All in all, a shrewd but ruthless move on his part.

General'[s to do list Monday morning. 1. Pay the farmers & defuse the remaining non-rabid-red rural support. 2. Tell Yingluck and the world the good news.

And there could be a 3rd vital item on the General's to do list:

Absolute censorship of media, and especially our most vital one "that must not be named"

Be careful what we wish for...

This story has it all....... re:

-Thaksin's intent to fight to the death, the Red's and his private army deaths, not him of course.

-Thaksin's growing madness.

-Slime Robert Amsterdam who earns money from Thaksin and other petty dictators and tyrants world wide, is the same man who Post quoted as saying the monarchy has to go, and in front of the Red Shirts camp a few days ago. Note that no reports of Reds condemning Amsterdam's comments, signaling Reds real intentions.

-America and its tv networks want their puppet Thaksin. Take names of the networks.

-American govt and biz interests want puppet Thaksin.

-Foreign news formerly dismissed as too few the thousands of protesters with whistles, but now credits a hundred as representative of anti coup feelings.

Robert slime "lawyer" to Thaksin says:

Lets see, where to set up a govt in exile? Gosh, maybe Somalia, uh maybe Nigeria with Mr. Goodluck, let me "think," where can Thaksin buy a spot.... oh oh, this is not as easy as it looks.......North Korea, nah too cold for him..... uh uh, let me get back to you on this."

Way way too much tolerated of Thaksin's madness. My reality tv show script is in development as per this msg.

Please do not say America and Americans want the puppet Thaksin. It's the corporate globalists stationed there.

Wishes in America for a coup there to save them from these kind of enforcing globalists are getting louder by the minute.

I can assure you that America has no interest in supporting your idiotic plutocratic , militaristic paradise chump. Our government has placed sanctions against Thailand for a reason, and us Americans support it. smile.png

Sorry. You mentioned no names. Were you describing Thaksin there? If not, be sure to keep your toothbrush & 3-7 days of toothpaste with you at all times.

Edited by The Deerhunter