Winthai warns public against rallying, using social media to incite unrest

Lite Beer

So much talk about "u cant simply understand cause u are not Thai". Yea, may be true for a huge prtion of people here. But where are those with dual citizenships?? There must be many of u out there??

Work 1-5 years legally, being married ia something many already have done.

Many speak fluent thai and would have no problem with the test.

If u live this country then swearing for it wont be a problem as well.

And most of u who lived here for more than three years should know the 2 national nathems? I cant figure how u have missed to learn them?? Its not like i tried. But the national anthem plays twice daily at 8 am and 6 pm.

Kings anthem u would have heard many times in cinemas. And if u k ow thai the words will stick after a few times.

So where are those dual citizens? Im waiting for all papers to be fixed and for my legal work time/tax time to be done (im only 29). But Im poasitive that as soon as I got it all in order it will not be that difficult.

Or perhaps those wwho have taken that step are Thai enough to not write silly statement, judgements and PC-context debbates on a forum known for it's grumpy audience? Not like im pointing on soneone specific. But everytime I read here it's either "its like this" or "it's like that".. Much like watching a dooms day doc on youtube...

Not everything flawless here, not everything is bad as well.

If u got a thai passport no one can state u are not thai at least, except from pure rascism. But those are to be ignored in any nation...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Those of us who dont wish to work for the shiny beads and buttons amounts of pay that is the norm here, simply have no route to PR or citizenship, no matter how long married to a Thai or what extensions, or how good our Thai is.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Give Gen P a chance to sort it. He's a damn site better that what we have had these past 6 months. It will take an iron fist to bring the rampant disregard for law and order under control. Let him do his job.

what is "we" tonto? are you a thai? butt out! remember in martial law they can boot you out of the country within 24 hours without any mexcuse!

Are you the thought police? Butt out yourself or go stick your head in a convenient pile of sand if you wish.

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

Breaking the law, lying, cheating, seeking to whitewash criminals, nepotism, refusing to be accountable or transparent - not the behaviors associated with a democratic government. Their distaste for elected governors whilst wanted elected senators speaks volumes for their manipulation agenda, "Only when it suits us" mentality.

The way they tried to use the law to intimidate opponents and refused to enforce it on those supporting them displays their real regard for justice - "only when it favors us" mentality.

How could anyone trust a group that behaves like this? Constantly lying, cheating and selectively applying and obeying the law.

The above could precisely be used to describe the 06 coup makers, and their blatant violation of the 97 constitution, the subsequent retrospective amnesty they granted themselves, the installing of partners into governance, and then Suthep running a nice palm oil scam costing the country billions to put money into the hand of the major political families down south.

That is who you mean right ??

You forgot the 24% increase in budget in 2007 and the extra 10 billion US on top of that for weapons and then they asked for another 17% increase the following year.

So, total impartiallity all round and money well spent. Atimes report, but not linking due to Junta threats so you'll have to google it up. If you're allowed.

Give Gen P a chance to sort it. He's a damn site better that what we have had these past 6 months. It will take an iron fist to bring the rampant disregard for law and order under control. Let him do his job.

what is "we" tonto? are you a thai? butt out! remember in martial law they can boot you out of the country within 24 hours without any mexcuse!

Are you the thought police? Butt out yourself or go stick your head in a convenient pile of sand if you wish.

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

Law is law.

A crime is a crime, regardless if it is thought crime or not.

Please obey the Law while in Thailand.

We are now living in 2014, and not 1984.

So much talk about "u cant simply understand cause u are not Thai". Yea, may be true for a huge prtion of people here. But where are those with dual citizenships?? There must be many of u out there??

Work 1-5 years legally, being married ia something many already have done.

Many speak fluent thai and would have no problem with the test.

If u live this country then swearing for it wont be a problem as well.

And most of u who lived here for more than three years should know the 2 national nathems? I cant figure how u have missed to learn them?? Its not like i tried. But the national anthem plays twice daily at 8 am and 6 pm.

Kings anthem u would have heard many times in cinemas. And if u k ow thai the words will stick after a few times.

So where are those dual citizens? Im waiting for all papers to be fixed and for my legal work time/tax time to be done (im only 29). But Im poasitive that as soon as I got it all in order it will not be that difficult.

Or perhaps those wwho have taken that step are Thai enough to not write silly statement, judgements and PC-context debbates on a forum known for it's grumpy audience? Not like im pointing on soneone specific. But everytime I read here it's either "its like this" or "it's like that".. Much like watching a dooms day doc on youtube...

Not everything flawless here, not everything is bad as well.

If u got a thai passport no one can state u are not thai at least, except from pure rascism. But those are to be ignored in any nation...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Those of us who dont wish to work for the shiny beads and buttons amounts of pay that is the norm here, simply have no route to PR or citizenship, no matter how long married to a Thai or what extensions, or how good our Thai is.

I'm sorry for seeming dumb, but I'm not really sure what you meant?

At first I thought it was next to impossible to become citizen after reading people complaining about it.

But then when I for some reason checked it up closer it seems quite straight forward? As long as you speak, read Thai fluently and have payed taxes legally within the country for a minimum of 5 years (which could be shortened if you have a child here.

The only thing I've heard people complain about is the time it takes.

Like make the application. Wait 3-4 months..

Come for the Thai language test.. Then wait 2-4 months.

Come to swear with a lotus flower, candle and incense etc at some Wat I guess(?) then wait for 3-6 months.

After that go to the court and sing the 2 national Anthems.

Then wait for the documents to reach HRH and get signed and you would officially be able to get a Thai Passport.

or is there something I've missed?

I some generals on the other side of the order who could get me a legit Cambodian passport. But the fact is I want to work and live here, not having to report every 90 days to my big brother and being able to work in any fields. Since I DO feel more at home here, for real, than I do back in Scandinavia.

(And I'm certain I would pass the Thai test as long as the majority of it doesn't consists of borrowed words from pali asin prayers etc. (Weird spelling, different sound. It's like Swedish, you just have to learn each and every word to understand how they are pronounced which differs from Standard Thai that's very straight forward and the spelling will make it next to impossible to pronounce it wrong)

I would really appreciate if you explained what it is I have missed since this is important to me?

If you have some information that I seem to be unaware of please let me know.

I'm only 29 but I'm working around the clock to better myself and I would appreciate it a lot from those who have been for longer time and had similar thoughts where it went wrong?

So far I have only met 1 westerner holding a Thai passport, according to him it was very straight forward and I shouldn't listen to people who say it's not.

Still I would really like to know all aspects regarding this.

If you got some links or anything I will appreciate it deeply.

Best Regards

(Sorry for the off Topic)

Without making a connection to anyone,.....

How about we, expats living in Thailand, just mind our own business and lay low for as long as it takes for 'them' to return Thailand to a peaceful place to retire in and a prosperous place for the people of Thailand to live in.

I know I will.

That's all we are allowed to do here.

We don't understand because we're not Thai, we don't love the army because we're not Thai.

Remember all of the coups that came before this and now think of how they improved the country.

My wife is off giving Lipton Ice Tea to the soldiers up the road, I have decided to keep my mouth shut for the rest of the coup as it only causes stress in our relationship.

Remember we're not Thai so we couldn't possibly understand.

Nice to see HALF your family can see the truth!!....maybe you should listen to her more!!!

"Husband, Ice Tea has to be ice & ice cold when you drink it. Otherwise it does not taste well. I gave those strange man in uniforms and helmets some tins to try. Do you know who they are. Husband?"

Breaking news in Nation is now Journalist called in and warned against asking challenging and probing questions. the ones who caused him to walk out of the presser.

Foreign media are agog at the moment on twitter.

Wheels might not be coming off just yet, but there seems a loosening of a few wheel nuts has occured this past 2 days.

Since the Military junta warned everybody from posting "comments that might cause division in the country", and since not everybody agrees with the coup and the military, I would strongly suggest to refrain from posting comments favorable to the coup and the military, since this might also cause a division.

Right?

Looks like the army predicted a clash at Victory Monument , lots of police, troops, 14 Prison vans..........................and nobody came. coffee1.gif

By 4.00 p.m hundreds of troops and police are blocking traffic to the Monument ahead of the 5 p.m. deadline for protesters to move out.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/729933-thailand-live-thursday-29-may-2014/page-4#entry7901714

Biggest elsewhere"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/729933-thailand-live-thursday-29-may-2014/page-4#entry7901732

Edited by rubl

Looks like the army predicted a clash at Victory Monument , lots of police, troops, 14 Prison vans..........................and nobody came. coffee1.gif

Great! Nobody got hurt. That has to be a plus.

• Like 1

If the armed forces had truly abide by the democratic process we would not have come to this seizing of power. They should abide by the constitution in supporting the election which is the only legitimate democratic process after a government returned power to the people.. They should support the government law enforcement agencies in maintaining law and order, reinstating rule of law, and enforcement of rule of law. They should assist the government in arresting those with arrest warrants.

Instead, the armed forces issued statements to undermine the works of the law enforcement agencies. Warning them not to use their legitimate force to reinstate rule of law and maintaining law and order. They made threatening statements against the pro government groups when they came out to defense their people elected government. They distorted and twisted the freedom of expression of the pro government groups.

It is still not too late to returned power to the people elected government - now on caretaker mode. Support election - protecting registration centers, polling stations, EC officials and staff, political candidates and the voters and all activities related to conducting a fair an free election. After a government returned power to the people, all demands before election are outside of the constitution.

Political parties and activist groups should channel their energy to gaining the heart and mind of the people through election campaigning on their demands on reform agendas and their policies. Reforms before election as demanded by the dem, pdrc and appointed senators is robbing the people's rights to choose and was premeditated and engineered to create chaos and hardships to peopele so that they can seize power. Once seized power they will pass laws to redraw electoral boundaries just like they did before 2011 election. This is because they cannot win an election without changing law that hopefully will be in their favour.

".....The democratic process cannot be done like in a normal situation." It cannot be done through war weapons of the armed forces either. If you truly want ".... return happiness to all Thais and will create confidence and stability of Thailand in the eyes of the international community," it is through the rule of law and the rule of law must prevail. Without the rule of law, no agreement, arrangement, or compromise is sustainable.

Give it a rest!!! We've heard it all before, numerous times I can remember a few weeks ago several supporters of your persuasion had a fave saying, something along the lines of...."It's over, you lost, give up, go home." No one has said it for a while. So here goes... "It's over, you lost, give up, go home and stay there during the curfew." P.S. My apologies. My previous advice to people going on like this was wrong. I am sorry, they will take even your own toothbrush off you so there is no point in keeping it constantly in your pocket. The only thing you are allowed to keep is is your lipstick!!! Please give it a rest. Things are going very nicely! The only person you will stuff it up for is you.

Edited by The Deerhunter

Everyone is against a coup in principal including General Prayuth, he said so many times, however circumstances and stubbornness left him little choice, now lets look at freedom.

Those who want to talk about freedom of speech, the press and such like consider what freedoms were curtailed before the military took over.

There were parts of BKK where if you had expressed a political opinion against whoever was there it could well have got you killed.

That has now been mostly eliminated and people are free to speak their mind without the previous threat.

There were many parts of the country where the same thing applied and still applies, that is still being worked on.

In many of the same parts of the country election candidates could not campaign for fear of their lives, meaning that some parties could never have their policies heard, meaning by extension there could not be free and fair elections in those areas.

We are told, by people who live there, that in some areas people are told how they must vote this is backed up by threats, bribery and intimidation, is this freedom of choice ?

There was open intimidation and threats to the courts, judges, independent checks and balances agencies and the media, does that promote freedom of speech ?

And there are more.

Now we have some freedoms suspended by the military by the curfew, limits on what the press can publish, this site and others having to be very careful what the put up for discussion, some TV channels off air, illegal radio stations shut down and personal freedom of some alleged likely trouble makers.

The way I see it is if these temporary freedoms that are at present curtailed, including speaking out against the military, eventually bring about a return to the people of the freedoms that were taken from them by previous administrations and those supporting them then it will be worth it.

Up to this point, day 5 everything the military has done is for the good, although those who are against the military on principal will not agree.

It looks at this point as if they are going to continue the good work.

We wait to see, and I for one are willing to give them a chance.

Franklin knew what he was talking about when he penned what became known as Franklin's Canon in the 18th Century. Particularly pertinent, I feel, for some here

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Everyone is against a coup in principal including General Prayuth, he said so many times, however circumstances and stubbornness left him little choice, now lets look at freedom.

Those who want to talk about freedom of speech, the press and such like consider what freedoms were curtailed before the military took over.

There were parts of BKK where if you had expressed a political opinion against whoever was there it could well have got you killed.

That has now been mostly eliminated and people are free to speak their mind without the previous threat.

There were many parts of the country where the same thing applied and still applies, that is still being worked on.

In many of the same parts of the country election candidates could not campaign for fear of their lives, meaning that some parties could never have their policies heard, meaning by extension there could not be free and fair elections in those areas.

We are told, by people who live there, that in some areas people are told how they must vote this is backed up by threats, bribery and intimidation, is this freedom of choice ?

There was open intimidation and threats to the courts, judges, independent checks and balances agencies and the media, does that promote freedom of speech ?

And there are more.

Now we have some freedoms suspended by the military by the curfew, limits on what the press can publish, this site and others having to be very careful what the put up for discussion, some TV channels off air, illegal radio stations shut down and personal freedom of some alleged likely trouble makers.

The way I see it is if these temporary freedoms that are at present curtailed, including speaking out against the military, eventually bring about a return to the people of the freedoms that were taken from them by previous administrations and those supporting them then it will be worth it.

Up to this point, day 5 everything the military has done is for the good, although those who are against the military on principal will not agree.

Franklin knew what he was talking about when he penned what became known as Franklin's Canon in the 18th Century. Particularly pertinent, I feel, for some here

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

We shall see.

Edited by bigbamboo

By 4.00 p.m hundreds of troops and police are blocking traffic to the Monument ahead of the 5 p.m. deadline for protesters to move out.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/729933-thailand-live-thursday-29-may-2014/page-4#entry7901714

Biggest elsewhere"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/729933-thailand-live-thursday-29-may-2014/page-4#entry7901732

"He did not reveal what measures would be taken but said they would be dealt with step by step and in line with international standards."

Love that quote, didn't know there were "international standards" for elected officials to be overthrown and a fascist junta installed.

• Like 1

And there are more.

He also said he would guarantee the security of the last election, he lied then as well!

Thank goodness this was not a coup then, what the Thai military did was legal where as a coup is defined as something illegal. The US military also has that legal authority to take over the USA if there is just cause.

Definition coup ko͞o/ noun
noun: coup; plural noun: coups; noun: coup d'état; plural noun: coups d'état; plural noun: coup d'états
1. a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

The coup (illegal or not - depending on your definition) is a fait accompli. Stop looking for reasons why this should not have happened. It has happened - get over it!

Time will tell whether it has worked for the country as a whole. If the NCPO is able to give back free elections WITH transparency, accountability and lack of corruption by politicians, political parties and some sections of the police, then despite head banging, hand wringing of farang purist "democrats", it will have been worthwhile.

Let the Thai people decide.

Edited grammar error - no content change

Edited by lvr181

The coup (illegal or not - depending on your definition) is a fait accompli. Stop looking for reasons why this should not have happened. It has happened - get over it!

Time will tell whether it has worked for the country as a whole. If the NCPO is able to give back free elections WITH transparency, accountability and lack of corruption by politicians, political parties and some sections of the police, then despite head banging, hand wringing of farang purist "democrats", it will have been worthwhile.

Let the Thai people decide??? The majority of Thai people are too brainwashed since the day they were born to even see beyond the horizon of their ignorant and too face-savvy culture

Let the Thai people decide??? The majority of Thai people are too brainwashed since the day they were born to even see beyond the horizon of their ignorant and too face-savvy culture

I don't entirely disagree with what you are saying, BUT it is their choice.

If change cannot be instituted (by way of the coup) then que sera sera.

Biggest elsewhere"

"He did not reveal what measures would be taken but said they would be dealt with step by step and in line with international standards."

Love that quote, didn't know there were "international standards" for elected officials to be overthrown and a fascist junta installed.

Actually the quote referred to the protesters, not to the coup.

Thank goodness this was not a coup then, what the Thai military did was legal where as a coup is defined as something illegal. The US military also has that legal authority to take over the USA if there is just cause.

Definition coup ko͞o/ noun

noun: coup; plural noun: coups; noun: coup d'état; plural noun: coups d'état; plural noun: coup d'états

1. a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

It was only legal because the constitution was written at the direction of the Thia military.

Regarding: "The US military also has that legal authority to take over the USA if there is just cause." You posted this on another thread and I invited you to defend the statement. You didn't reply. I'll be more direct this time, you're posting total BS. The US Constitution was written with the idea of preventing a military government. Care to dispute it?

Do you think the people who staged the coup are noble, worldly and wise?

BTW, your prejudice is hanging out, and nobody wants to see it.

Posters are advised to exercise care in choosing your words. You are also advised to stay on the topic and refrain from making personal remarks directed at other posters.

And there are more.

Yet another twist.

What we have here is temporararly giving up some freedoms to ensure lasting liberty, safety, freedom of speech and free and fair elections.

Completely different.

Bull! the excuse of all dictators!

• Like 2