Best shots

I still think a weekly (monthly) themed challenge would be great as it would encourage budding (and lazy) snappers like me to go out there and actually take photos. Sure, there may be themes that are not accessible to everyone (e.g. I live very far from the sea or mountains), but it will balance out (take temple shots, I am 5 minutes from Angor Wat:-)).

• Like 1

I still think a weekly (monthly) themed challenge would be great as it would encourage budding (and lazy) snappers like me to go out there and actually take photos. Sure, there may be themes that are not accessible to everyone (e.g. I live very far from the sea or mountains), but it will balance out (take temple shots, I am 5 minutes from Angor Wat:-)).

Hanno,

I think it is a great idea also.I would start it up myself but am not living full time in Thailand yet.It would be better started by someone like yourself or others

in Thailand all the year round.A themed topic is always fun but needs to be something that all members in all corners of Thailand can shoot.

Hanno,

I think it is a great idea also.I would start it up myself but am not living full time in Thailand yet.It would be better started by someone like yourself or others

in Thailand all the year round.A themed topic is always fun but needs to be something that all members in all corners of Thailand can shoot.

There are several members who are not on "Thai time".... even some of us who live here... tongue.pnggiggle.gifblink.png

I am happy to try and go with the flow... I still think a month is too long! wink.png

Happy to wait for Tywais or other Mods, to find time... but perhaps we could do a "practice run" in the mean time, and see how it works out! whistling.gif (????)

Hanno,

There are several members who are not on "Thai time".... even some of us who live here... tongue.pnggiggle.gifblink.png

I am happy to try and go with the flow... I still think a month is too long! wink.png

Happy to wait for Tywais or other Mods, to find time... but perhaps we could do a "practice run" in the mean time, and see how it works out! whistling.gif (????)

Tywais and the Mods wouldn't have any need to be involved in Hanno's themed topic idea Jim.

It would have nothing to do with the gallery idea.Maybe a good idea is just to carry on as normal with all

the other topics until there is something concrete and have got the support of the Mods.

Just see the gallery idea as an added extra.

Hanno,

Tywais and the Mods wouldn't have any need to be involved in Hanno's themed topic idea Jim.

Yes I realise that, Shaggy, that's why I suggested a practice run.... I forgot to say on Hanno's topic...rolleyes.giftongue.png

For those still interested about the gallery idea of mine.

Received a PM from Tywais last night saying he liked the idea of mine about doing a gallery.He is a bit busy at the moment with other commitments but when he has time he will try and help.I am still up for it but need a little patience from you guys.If you think the idea is a no goer,that's OK with me also.Number one priority is the friendly atmosphere that is in the photo forum now.

Long time ago I made an website called www.kuvakisa.com (Finnish and it means photocompetition). The idea of the site, which is still running, but not updated for an long time, was to have challenged. Either weekly or for example 4 monthly. Also the idea was to promote people to take their cameras, get out and take new photos for the competition. Not just selecting images from old archives. (One of the reason why I like the MD challenge so much is that it requires us to take new photos). It never was an real competition, no prices etc. Just people having fun taking and sharing their photos. Few more professionals who sometimes gave advises for newbies.

If it would be wanted, I could turn that site to support the Thaivisa photography forum community, but it would also require some kind of co-operation between me and Thaivisa as promoting own websites is not allowed here. There is also things to consider if moving the challenges to another site would break the lovely community here.. or it could make more people to join in.

• 10 months later...

I'm up for it. However don't expect a heap of pix per week

or month from me!

I don't do birds very well & that's a fact so....I'll get better at

doing birds. Here's the best so far...Lil Pencil Neck at around

2 weeks old or less. He appeared in the Nature thread since

I forgot about the bird thread at posting time. Age does that

to you...

Baby Yellow Vented Bul-Bul

post-146250-0-35514500-1428846195_thumb.

Edited by sunshine51
  • Like 2

That's a cracking shot sunshine and I love your enthusiasm.

What I'm doing now is just putting the feelers out to see if enough people are interested.

If enough people show interest then I will make a new thread, which will be used for voting on the members photos.

One photo per member per month,10 likes needed to make it into the gallery.

Seems to me it is quiet rare anyone ever gets "10 likes", even the best of the best.... so it may be a fairly low contribution to the Best photo tread... ??? Just thinking out loud! whistling.gif

It seems to me that often, especially the newer members, don't use the "like" button that much, if at all... I know when I first joined TV it took a while for me to start using it.... I always thought it was tied to Twitter or FB .... (which it is not of course) ...

I have to say too, that sometimes I get more "likes" on photos, I don't always feel are my best shots, and few on ones I feel are good.... blink.pngfacepalm.gif I guess I am not the best judge!! tongue.png

Anyway why not give it a go and see what happens! thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the reply Jimmy.......but judging by the lack of feedback, I feel as though I am pissing into the wind with the whole idea.

Not sure what to say about the lack of likes being handed out,maybe not enough members viewing the threads or even the members that

are viewing the threads don't 'like' what they are seeing! Who knows?.........saying that,some of the more specialized threads are hitting the big numbers!

• Like 1

Hi shaggy1969

The feedback will only come from a challenge and not chit chat about should we or should we not have one.blink.png

Please start one and lets see how it goes. wai.gif

Win w00t.gif

I agree, seems to me this idea has been discussed more than once over the last couple or three years .... then it just dies....facepalm.gif

as Niki says ..... JUST DO IT ..... whistling.giftongue.png

• Like 2