Philips air fryer

JesseFrank

not all potato's in Thailand are good for frying or deepfrying. They burn very fast.

Are those fry's from the air fryier not very dry? If so then i need extra mayonaise with them and still eat fat.

I brought a 3000 watt european deepfryer to my house in Thailand and that one can partly go in the dishwashing machine, very easy.

I bought mine more than a year ago. After some experimentation I can now get excellent chips from potatoes using a minimal amount of oil and with frozen I use none. For a good baked potato I put the potato in the microwave for 4 minutes then coat the skin in oil and salt and put it in the air fryer for up to 30 minutes. Crispy skin and soft inside. Delicious. I have also cooked meat in mine putting in a base of tinfoil. Hardly ever use oil now and the electric cost is minimal.

An excellent purchase in my view

• Like 1

I bought mine more than a year ago. After some experimentation I can now get excellent chips from potatoes using a minimal amount of oil and with frozen I use none. For a good baked potato I put the potato in the microwave for 4 minutes then coat the skin in oil and salt and put it in the air fryer for up to 30 minutes. Crispy skin and soft inside. Delicious. I have also cooked meat in mine putting in a base of tinfoil. Hardly ever use oil now and the electric cost is minimal.

An excellent purchase in my view

The minimal electric usage is debatable in my opinion, as I see that an air fryer is 1300W, which is about the same as a oil deep fryer.

I understand that a air fryer will need about 30 minutes at full power to make French fries, where a deep fryer takes 6 minutes in total and cycles power during that time.

Mine takes 15 minutes to make fries but up to 30 for a large baked potato. I look at the electric use as minimal but everyone has their own scale. The difference is I use virtually no oil which is healthy and helps the blubber!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Would one of them microwave-sized convection ovens be a more useful alternative, coz that's all it's doing, blowing hot air innit?

A microwave sized convection oven will be at least triple the price I guess

I have one and taste is great . HOWEVER do not waste your money on this, get the 1000 baht one, does exact same thing for 1/5 of the price

http://www.lazada.co.th/hanabishi-hco-11a-46119.html

What you picture is a halogen oven, no air involved, so different kind of animal.

Are you sure you can make frozen French fries without oil in a halogen oven ?

There is no halogen light, use google translate if you do not understand.

Its metal coils with hot air blowing, the exact same system as Phillips just not as pretty

I've also got the Tefal version and it's great. Noise is present, but it's just the sound of a fan whirring, it's hardly "loud". I bought it at Central complete with the complimentary blender for about 5,xxx Baht a while back. I'd say it's definitely worth it, convenient and less oily than regular fries (but as you can see by the picture with cheese and gravy that fat isn't really a concern of mine at all). It's also great for wings, there's a rotating thing inside which keeps flpping the wings/fries so all the cooking is even.

post-48432-0-60498300-1401189401_thumb.j