Ducati Scrambler 2015

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope they sell it at 300 k thb so people buy it. and for this type of bike, 75 hp and 68 nm torque is more than enough and it can even be less.

if they get greedy and sell it around 400 k, people go for monster and hypermotard in Thailand.

i was expecting more from this bike. actually i hoped they make it 400 cc lighter and cheaper as for a scrambler - which this one is little watered down - a lot of power is not very important IMO.

I cannot see how they will sell it for less than the Monster as this would kill the monster market.

Besides which it is built from imported parts so I reckon at minimum it will come it at the same price the Monster (8k Euro = Bt.330,000 + 30% import taxes = Bt.429,000 + 7% VAT = Bt.459,000).... Ok yes I realise Ducati Thailand will not be paying Retail Euro prices for them but still..... it aint ever come in at a low to mid 300k in price.

As it is a bit of a niche bike they will add a premium hence my guesstimate previously of low 500k.

If these do come in at or around 400k I'll be there the first day they go sale with cash in hand waiting.

Edited by Spoonman

I have to retract my comment about performance, dunno why but I thought when they took the 796 motor, they'd tune it a but further but I guess they had to fit it in a smaller package and yes a bike like that doesn't need more power.

Did Ducati Thailand actually confirm they are building them from imported parts? I haven't seen any official words on that yet.

350k would be easily doable for Ducati Thailand if they'd build it here completely and it would sell like hot cakes err I mean rice. But they might probably go for 400k and take 500k for the Monster 821 once that replaces the 450k 796. The Scrambler surely should be less expensive than the 796.

Which version do you guys prefer? I think I favor the yellow Icon with the black Full Throttle close second.

They mentioned also you can combine various parts to make your own style, I like that!

The weight is specified at 186kg wet. Seat height 790mm.

Edited by eisfeld

I like it too, it's very suited to Thailand and not that new rocket from Kawasaki that belong on a track.

The lines somehow looks a bit like some Harley Sporster models.

No rev counter? and it's aircooled but ABS standard, hmm.

If it is below 400K baht I will be very interested too, I been down looking several times at the Honda's CB650 and CBR650 but they simply don't appeal to me, sorry II2.

I think it looks good, especially the classic one.

Ducati said it will be cheaper than the Monster, so I too think it will be around 360-380k.

Got invited to the launch here in Thailand...looking forward to see it in the flesh!

Did they give you any date?

Maybe the headlight could be a little bigger just to nitpick styling but otherwise looks like another sales success waiting to happen.

I think Ducati needs to be careful watering down the brand with cheaper bikes.

There was a time when Ducatis were rare and special but the Monster exploded sales and now they are borderline common bikes.

Don't get me wrong, I would probably pick a Ducati over a Japanese bike but other than the Paningale; I would prefer a KTM or MVA since they are rarer.

Here are a few facts about the Scrambler:

Introduced in four versions, the Icon, the Urban Enduro, the Full Throttle and the Classic.
The Icon version, will be offered in yellow and red. The Urban Enduro, with its “Wild Green” paintjob, is for enduro style enthusiasts and easily switchable from city streets to country
backroads in an instant. The Full Throttle is for riders who prefer a flat-track racing style who have a
preference for pushing things to the limit. And the Classic is for devotees to classic details and a 1970s look who prefer the riding pleasure and comfort of a modern-day bike.

Price: In the USA the Icon in red is MSRP $8495. ($100 more for yellow), all other versions are $9995

Source: http://www.ducati.net/2014/09/ducati-scrambler-unveiled/

why they dont put a classic scrambler side pipe(s) on the bike located high and away from possible damage?

underbody pipe looks fragile really for a scrambler.

so maybe ducati wants to sell termignoni side scrambler pipes as extra?:)

^ with that amount if power it should be about 200 kph (depending on gearing) but I wouldnt want to do much more than 150 on it.

I suspect the engine is more than powerful enough for the that style of bike.

It's a de-tuned Monster 796 engine; 200 is as good a guess as any although bike is clearly not made for high speeds.

Just read in the "other" paper that Ducati is increasing it's output in Thailand from 5,000 bikes (currently), to 20,000 bikes/year. They claim that they can sell half of these 20,000 in the domestic market. They must be expecting a lot of Scrambler sales I guess.

Just read in the "other" paper that Ducati is increasing it's output in Thailand from 5,000 bikes (currently), to 20,000 bikes/year. They claim that they can sell half of these 20,000 in the domestic market. They must be expecting a lot of Scrambler sales I guess.

as if the thai household debt isn't high enough yet.