Get a new online password for scb banking a impossible mission!

I lost my online pw for scb, getting a new one, sounds easy but isn't !

Visit a branch in Korat ,trying to reach the hotline impossible for English press 9 but then a Thai voice come always talk the same , after the stuff see me was unsuccessful call the hotline

Called direct from counter without waiting time!

Talk another have our , because my

Mail adress was wrong in there system a letter was replaced with a number!

After about one hour the stuff was ready to reset the old pw

But, our boss not here we cannot give you the new one!

Come tomorow again, after signature around 5 paper and 2 time paper of passboard copy, talk with hotline again , we call you on Monday again

And send you your new online

Pw again , but the week beginn

Nobody called me, and if I remember right 5 years ago I open the account

Either the pw or login data one of them

Comes by postal adress on a paper

And not log in and pw together via mail

Another case of stuff don't know there own guidelines

A

• Like 1

I don't think it's SCB specific.

Had similar problems with Bangkok Bank, went to the account-opening/holding branch in person and it was sorted out very quickly.

Looking from a different perspective, they are trying to protect your money. If you can do it online, so can someone else.

• Like 2

Had exactly the same problem, could not reset password online, wasted hours on hold on the hotline, went to two different branches where the inept staff were unable to help me and all suggested calling the same helpline. Grrr. Ended up withdrawing 120,000 from the ATM and depositing it in my Kasikorn account where the staff and website are considerably less retarded.

• Like 1

SCB are a night mare to get things changed or done. I have called the number in Bangkok after few tries managed to Speek to some one in English.

I lost a pass book once they freez my account could not get money, brought 38,000 NZ$ back went to my SCB branch to change it they say can only change 5,000 per day, I went to another bank and they changed it all.

SCB at least their business online banking is a JOKE!!! I like to think i am slightly above average in online banking having or had accounts with kasikorn, bangkok bank, cimb, chase, td bank, tib bank, scottrade bandbank, regions bank, hsbc and more. SCB business is the only one that is to complicated for me to use and the paperwork to open it is rediculous. Rant over

If you have a ATM card,,,,,Withdraw all your funds and open a new account with an other bank. worked fine for me when I had problems with my ex Bank in LOS (land of suffer) thumbsup.gif

Withdraw all my funds??????????????? -------- I am only allowed 20,000 a day with my ATM card------- I would be going back and forth forever.Why not just go into the SCB where your a/c is and tell them to give you all YOUR MONEY and close the a/c----DONE Much more satisfying too.

• Like 1

If you have a ATM card,,,,,Withdraw all your funds and open a new account with an other bank. worked fine for me when I had problems with my ex Bank in LOS (land of suffer) thumbsup.gif

Withdraw all my funds??????????????? -------- I am only allowed 20,000 a day with my ATM card------- I would be going back and forth forever.Why not just go into the SCB where your a/c is and tell them to give you all YOUR MONEY and close the a/c----DONE Much more satisfying too.

You will find that you can withdraw 20,000 at a time, put the card back in and withdraw again. I can withdraw 100,000 per day no problem. Never asked for a limit to be lifted. With Bangkok Bank. You can also reset your online banking password at the atm machine if you have forgotten it.

Let's start with the fact the OP did not "lose" his password, but he forgot it, right? That forgetting is the base of all your trouble. People too easily rely on others to save their ass when they have forgotten a code, password or whatever.

I had problems when applying for internet banking (SCB) but not due to SCB, just paper pushers inaccuracy.

I opened my account 7+ years ago and my passport number and phone number were saved. Never used it but ok.

Early this year I gave in all details to start on line banking and it was refused, "passport number does not fit".

A light went on in my head and I gave in the number of my previous passport, and yes, it worked.

But, then I tried to work with it, logon and password ok, but could not bring in accounts or make payments. Reason: "Your phone number does not correspond". So to the branch where it all started 7 years ago, changed the passport number and the mobile number. Would work next day.

It didn't. So back again (40 km and back) to the branch, another employee plus a manager took care, came out the passport number was wrong, mistake of the employee.... So after this it works, and it is great!

Any login is alerted to my email, any payment, (apart from getting sms with a code to pay new accounts) is alerted by email. So any misuse or abuse will be noticed quickly and then a matter of calling their special number. Excellent service, feels very safe. BTW, my bank SCB states that they never ask or send any passwords, logons or anything related to my account, another safety point.

• Like 1