why more TV news reception in Hua Hin than in BKK ?

fvw53

I came back from Hua Hin where I spent a weekend.

I was surprised that in my hotel I certain foreign news broadcasts were not cut censored : I could see France 24 (morning), BBC World (late afternoon and evening); Australian TV, Russian TV and Al Jazeera etc..even the toxic Fox News Channel was available but with a sign it was censored.

If the Thai military leaders think it is important to cut out in BKK certain foreign news broadcasts then it is their right because it is their country.

However I am now more interested in the very dangerous crisis of Ukraine than the crisis in Thailand which is - I think - under control.

English Al Jazeera brings an excellent view from a Middle East point of view : does somebody know how to receive it in BKK?

Al Jazeera seems to be aceptable to the Thai military otherwise how could it be allowed in Hua Hin (but it is not on TrueTV)

Edited by fvw53

It's just the regular local cable TV, 250 Baht per month in Hua Hin.

They did shut off all the channels for a couple of days last week and when the Thai channels came back online there was a delay before the foreign ones came back.

I know quite a, but we have a very tall and dark gray in color collective satellite and pay 3000 baht a year, if it can help you.
I repeat, all channels are working well since Saturday 24 mad.gif

I see...and I guess you then get TV5 straight from the satellite and not through a provider such as TRUE (after all TV5 is "free to air" which means that with the proper equipment you can get it free of charge).

As far as I am concerned I have to wait until TRUE plugs it back in!...sad.png

In 1999 when TrueVision was still UBC, they wanted to cancel TV5 but a call from the king's sister prevented it as she spoke fluent french like the King and enjoyed watching it. The king resides now in Hua Hin and he might like to watch it as well. Just my guess. Today in Bangkok, CNN BBC CNBC BLOOMBERG TV5 are still off on TrueVision.