with a gun may never own a gun again.

Do the same with child molesters IMO

Take away their weapon

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not worry too much about these monks getting jail sentences. What i want to know is if they can get early release if they become.a monk again like a lot of long time prisoners do.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I know catholics priests had bad press in recent time but buddhist monk are of a totally different league.

IMO, Catholic priests are a lot worse. They were preaching against homosexuality while molesting little boys or covering up for those that did. The monks might be perves, but they are a lot less hypocritical.

Faulty logic here but I won't wast my time with you.

The catholic church built school who provided eduction to people all over the world. Which other religion did that ? Please answer.

Among the thousands of people who sacrifice their life to provide education to the less favorized, there was a few bad apples. You focus on them because of your twisted mind.

Muslims & Seventh day Adventist already mentioned by posters. My first Thai GF was SDA because her family was poor & she had Tuberculosis and her parents orphaned her to the SDA, Church because they ran TB sanitoriums here.. Also Mormons, Anglicans (Church of England) Methodist, Presbyterian, Scientology.Moon's Unifcation Church of Korea. Buddhism, anyone like to suggest??? Basically anyone who wants a chance to influence the poor people of the world into their fold. Yes there is altruism in it sometimes but not always. Much of it is just plain cynical opportunism.

Monks or anyone found guilty

of the heinous crime of child molestation

should be disarmed & jailed

In many countries anyone found guilty of a crime

Take away their weapon

I assume you are suggesting castration as a cure. It's a power/control thing as much as a sexual thing. What about women molesters? What are you going to cut off? They would still harm children sexually or psychologically.

Muslims & Seventh day Adventist already mentioned by posters. My first Thai GF was SDA because her family was poor & she had Tuberculosis and her parents orphaned her to the SDA, Church because they ran TB sanitoriums here.. Also Mormons, Anglicans (Church of England) Methodist, Presbyterian, Scientology.Moon's Unifcation Church of Korea. Buddhism, anyone like to suggest??? Basically anyone who wants a chance to influence the poor people of the world into their fold. Yes there is altruism in it sometimes but not always. Much of it is just plain cynical opportunism.

She was sick and she found people who took care of her.

Good enough for me

Monks or anyone found guilty

of the heinous crime of child molestation

should be disarmed & jailed

In many countries anyone found guilty of a crime

Take away their weapon

I assume you are suggesting castration as a cure. It's a power/control thing as much as a sexual thing. What about women molesters? What are you going to cut off? They would still harm children sexually or psychologically.

Then cut off what ever was the weapon

If I had to choose it would be a hanging offense period

Edited by mania

I really couldn't care what flavour of religion was involved, child abuse is just absolutely disgusting.

The effect of such abuse can trouble and change a persons life forever. Children are the ones that need to be protected the most no matter what.

As far as I'm concerned every convicted Peadophile should simply be dropped into the nearest active volcanoe, no exceptions !

There has been a viral doing the rounds suggesting they be used for scientific research instead of beagles, monkeys and rabbits.

I reckon a lifetime spent having shampoo thrown in your eyes is probably not so comfortable.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

I know catholics priests had bad press in recent time but buddhist monk are of a totally different league. Most probably because there are no real regulation regarding this monks. Some, who are covered with tatooes from head to toes look more like Yakuza than monks.

There is also no regulation of Catholic priests. If there was, how come so many have been abusing children? Why weren't they stopped? Why were they allowed to continue to be priests?

I know catholics priests had bad press in recent time but buddhist monk are of a totally different league.

IMO, Catholic priests are a lot worse. They were preaching against homosexuality while molesting little boys or covering up for those that did. The monks might be perves, but they are a lot less hypocritical.

The catholic church built school who provided eduction to people all over the world. Which other religion did that ? Please answer.

Among the thousands of people who sacrifice their life to provide education to the less favorized, there was a few bad apples. You focus on them because of your twisted mind.

How many lives and families did catholic priests destroy all over the world?

How many times did the catholic church just move the pig peados from church to church so they could continue destroyijng live? please answer that

Every single one that's allowed. The schools provide a prime point for early indoctrination, which apart from addicts changing from one addiction to another is the most effective form of brainwashing.

The Catholic Church is an abhorrence, spreading poverty with their stupid rules on contraception but they still love raking in whatever cash their cult members have left.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Lest we forget: only BAD news makes press. Good riddance of these folks though. Indeed a bit more swift action than the Catholic church.

A bit of education: In olden days it was a gesture of devotion to let your guru put an incantation tatoo on you. Nothing to do with yakooza or crooks.

As to the rules: The monastic order abides by 227 rules. One of them being to not involve in sexual activities. The fine is immidiate defrocking.

Lest we forget: only BAD news makes press. Good riddance of these folks though. Indeed a bit more swift action than the Catholic church.

A bit of education: In olden days it was a gesture of devotion to let your guru put an incantation tatoo on you. Nothing to do with yakooza or crooks.

As to the rules: The monastic order abides by 227 rules. One of them being to not involve in sexual activities. The fine is immediate defrocking.

Edited by rebelplatoon

I would not worry too much about these monks getting jail sentences. What i want to know is if they can get early release if they become.a monk again like a lot of long time prisoners do.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No they can t. As of 2005 there are strict rules to become a monk. They need to declare a clean sheet and no criminal record.

I really couldn't care what flavour of religion was involved, child abuse is just absolutely disgusting.

The effect of such abuse can trouble and change a persons life forever. Children are the ones that need to be protected the most no matter what.

As far as I'm concerned every convicted Peadophile should simply be dropped into the nearest active volcanoe, no exceptions !

Here me thinks two briks would do the trick for this pigs to loose intrest in molesting children, but ok a volcano will do for adults willing to destroy kids for life.

Muslim entities build schools and in many Buddhist countries monasteries provide the only education.

The Catholic church was about the only organization to build school all over the world. Stop the B.S. and check what was teached in catholic school compared to what little muslim or buddhism learned.

Please be cautious with your bigotry, and note that the Roman Catholic Church hardly "teached" [sic] you very well.

Another poster already mentioned Seventh Day Adventist schools, and I am happy to tell you that I am aware of Presbyterian Schools, Anglican Schools, Methodist Schools, CCF Schools (formerly Christian Children's Fund), Schools and Universities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and the list goes on and on...

A cynic could allege that the Roman Catholic School network, with its formerly "unpaid" teachers, was a hedge for capturing future cashflow rather than promotion of holistic education for the students in contrast to the schooling of the Wat or Imam

Here me thinks two briks would do the trick for this pigs to loose intrest in molesting children, but ok a volcano will do for adults willing to destroy kids for life.

Mother Nature provides us with all the necessary tools ;)

Seems few religions are free of paedophiles using a position of trust to their advantage. Back in Oz, the ICAC is currently hearing evidence of a senior Salvation Army officer involved in multiple cases over 25 years. Despite many complaints and admission of guilt, he has been protected by the leadership, up to patently false evidence being given to the ICAC, and both the offender and protector remaining in high office.

Red Shield Appeal is due soon; prospects are grim.

Edited by JRSoul
  • Like 1

Yes, in Canada those were called residential schools. Native Canadian children were forcibly removed from their Indian homes and placed into catholic boarding schools, where they were forbidden to speak their own language and the Native heritage was beaten out of them, not to mention the other abuses. That wasn't education, it was conversion at the end of a cane.

Rant over.

• Like 1

"The catholic church built school who provided eduction to people all over the world. Which other religion did that ? Please answer."

The Seventh Day Adventist church, for one, has built and managed, probably hundreds of schools and universities all over the world.....

To suggest that the building of schools somehow makes child molestation ok, is deplorable.....

Any form of child molestation in any country, religion or society, should be vehemently opposed and offenders prosecuted, handed the full punishment available.

you're catholic, right? you'll get over it

Funny how I used to think more highly of buddhism before coming here but these monks are no better than the accused catholic priests. Sad to always hear about these people abusing the trust of the people because they are in a "high" position.

• Like 1

No religious order seems free from pedophiles.

I hope the Buddhist establishment is more determined to rid itself of unworthy monks than other religious organizations, who seem to want to sweep it under the carpet.

At least here they may get 20yrs and thrown out unlike the catholics sweeping it under the carpet and hope nobody notices.

There was a case, I'm not sure if it was last year or the year before, where the parents of a young teen boy sent him to a monastery for two weeks to study Dharma. As I remember the facts, when the boy returned home he was very quiet and withdrawn but eventually told his parents that he had been sexually abused by a monk from day one of arriving at the Wat. The parents went to the Wat and were told by the monk in question that it was normal practice which could be viewed as an initiation rite.

I don't know what the outcome of that was.

Edited by Claudius