She's pregnant, its not mine, but she wants/needs money

MrWorldwide

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you request that this post be moved to the Health forum where Sheryl can advise about options for first trimester abortions in Thailand. If this woman were in my home country, then a first trimester procedure would be a very good option.

• Like 2

it not 30 baht a visit any more?

adoption ?surely there are many looking. seen many chinese adoption girl imports in the region

how old is she? 29 something woman know how not to get pregnant.

why do you associate with women who are life novices so to speak?

• Like 1

Mate ,some dumb posts in reply to your op,already,obviously a friend,who you know well,as you know abortion is i beleive illegal here,and this could have a negative impact on the lady mentally if she is like most kon Thai a buddist,i guess it is up to you if you can help a bit and it does not burden you financially,my only nagging worry is if she then see's this as a route to try and rekindle something you may or may not have had before,you were not specific but i am guessing you may have been romantically involved before,it is hard to give advice on this,but the fact that you have posted this show's your obviously a decent bloke,i would just be wary of getting to involved,but sure if you can ease her burden without to much impact on your own pocket, i applaud you.

• Like 2

Was there more of a question or just a story?

Just be there emotionally... Is my advice unless its yours. Dont mean to be harsh but its not your resposbilty.. Its not your kid.

There are 1 million of these stories if you look for them.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64
  • Like 2

Let's keep it simple. In the words in the title it says "she wants money"

Anything else is peripheral.

Two questions:-

1. Do you WANT to give her any money ?

2. Can you afford to give her any money ?

1. Not the amount she requested to support her during her pregnancy

2, Yes, I can afford it as of May 2014 - how long do you reckon my savings will last if I carry that attitude forward for the remainder of my retirement ?\

This might sound cold, but let me repeat the part about the baby not being mine.

What would I do? Talk her into getting an abortion, if you find that morally wrong then talk her into giving it up for adoption/orphanage.

If your conscious is bothering you, help with some cash. But I wouldn't let it drag on after 9 months.

Is the abortion the lady's idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Initially, it was - then she started talking to her Thai friends and everything changed. With one possible exception, they all have families upcountry who care for their kids - she is planning to rely on the same woman who effectively raised her in a little village south of Chumphon. Her attitude seems to be 'other women do it so I can' - I just dont think she is tough enough but I guess that's her call. The part I object to is suddenly becoming the sponsor for this particular chapter of her life

FWIW, one of her friends dumped a kid with the father and returned to the bar - bit of a reversal of the usual stereotype.

Throwing a sensitive personal topic like this on here is probably not the best choice. I think you know that.

The original attempt contained her email - clearly typed up by a friend - but I deleted it because I knew exactly what sort of response it would elicit. I think you've seen enough of my posts to know I dont normally indulge in this sort of hand wringing - particularly in the general forum - but telling someone point blank that they should get an abortion isnt a move I take lightly. I had hoped that another board member may have found themselves in a similar position, but I accept that those folk may not be keen to discuss something like this on an open forum. In hindsight, it was a mistake - that's life.

• Like 1

What the OP actually asking is: Which one of the fine gentlemen here on the TF forum is willing to help out one of his past fling, of whom he still has some empathy for, but he himself can't or won't help her out.

• Like 1

Haven't gone over the whole thread except for your mention of selling out in Australia.

She knows you got a pile.

For whatever reason, she'd like some.

To tam boon or not to tam boon ? That is the question.

May I suggest you go to the Bard for the rest of that answer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Throwing a sensitive personal topic like this on here is probably not the best choice. I think you know that.

The original attempt contained her email - clearly typed up by a friend - but I deleted it because I knew exactly what sort of response it would elicit. I think you've seen enough of my posts to know I dont normally indulge in this sort of hand wringing - particularly in the general forum - but telling someone point blank that they should get an abortion isnt a move I take lightly. I had hoped that another board member may have found themselves in a similar position, but I accept that those folk may not be keen to discuss something like this on an open forum. In hindsight, it was a mistake - that's life.

My view is abortion is horrible. Ask anyone who cant or have lost a child. Some would shoot me down for saying it, but I would rather help her or adopt the child then let it have no chance at life at all. If shes a decent girl, she would be asking for genuine help, I would. A little can go a long way especially in Thailand, life can also really be awful living there with nothing. Good luck with this issue, let me know what you choose to do if you want.

• Like 1