NCPO urges ministry to scrap useless projects, give plots to the landless

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If they are so concerned for the wealth-fare of the poor, how about giving ID cards to the hills tribe people so they can get real jobs

Maybe they are... no comments on the positive article?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not much, thanks for asking.

If it were done properly, there would need to be time to evaluate the projects. How do they determine which projects are 'useless'? Yet they want the selected projects completed by the end of the year. Sounds very Thaksin like to me.

If they want to scrap useless projects, there is heaps of military spending that could be cut too.

I agree that cuts can be made to military spending, however, while 1 year is ambitious it's a lot more realistic than any Thaksin lackey would be claiming. They normally go for 90 days thumbsup.gif

The 1 year is to complete the projects, it seems the decisions have already been made. Clearly no time has been taken to assess projects on merit. Sounds no different to the crap dished up by the PT's.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No! Your post is right on.

Someone nudge that guy, please!

Will the New Order waive Work Permits for volunteers?

During the last big flood I was nearly arrested in Pathun Tani (I was filling up sand bags) for not having a Work Permit to do so.

The 30 or so Thais with whom I was swarmed around the police men and demanded I would not be arrested. They were vocal and shamed the cops for their actions. The cops replied that they were enforcing the Law. Really? As if.......

What were you thinking of... you are FARANG.. you know that you cannot do any job, or work here without a work permit for that specific job. You were in the wrong, but as a farang, of course you know better... Your thoughts and actions are what makes Thai people not want Farangs here... be seen and not heard, give your money to some poor bar girl... and Why would you want to make sandbags... get a life for Gods sake and stop destroying the reputation of us lazy, beer guzzling. bar-girl loving Farangs...cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Useless according to whom? Oh ok, I get it, according to the people now in charge.

You could get 100 people to look at proposed and on-going projects, and get a 100 different opinions, on what is needed and what should be dumped. That's why there are elections. At least with elected officials, the populace gets a slight chance of getting their ideas represented. With self-appointed heads, it's up to those bosses, that's about it. Maybe we'll get lucky, and the current boss will make wise choices. ....or maybe not, but none of us, or even voters will be able to do anything about it, either way. But again, 'wise decisions' are subjective. What I consider 'wise' may be considered stupid and wasteful by the next person, and vice versa, and so it goes in Thailand.

I take it you are Australian.... if that one small statement if correct means you are Farang. You are in Thailand.. it does not matter one jot what you think and Thank God for Thai people that only Thais can fix these problems.. Look at the state of your own country which I take it , is why you come and live here, AND now you want to change Thailand to be more like Australia... which is the most corrupt country in the "Western culture" It's why Thai people do not want Farang here... shame on you..wai2.gif Keep your anti-Thai views to yourself..

• Like 1

I would suspect that among others the landless people referred to would be the hill tribe people living in the forests of the national parks (AKA Billy family)

These people should be treated as a resource rather than a threat to the forests, they have generations of experience in managing their lives in the forest environment and their knowledge would be of great value in forest management.

They should be given jobs within the forest service as rangers and other positions, with good schools (health care and other facilities also) built for their children and scholarships in forestry management given to the graduates.

This would give the families an income that would reduce or eliminate their reliance on agriculture therefore allowing more reforestation and in time bring forest management under the guidance of people who live in, understand and have an empathy with the forests.

It is a good idea, but the goal is not to stop the deforestation and it appears that right now that the effort requires the military to come down hard on the armed gangs who are doing the raping and pillaging of what remains as Thailand's heritage.

Quote:

"140 million rai of forested land was being encroached upon, adding that these areas should be allotted to landless people"

Noble aim.

As long as dear leader Suthep is nowhere near the pyramid of power as he was in 1995 when, as Minister of Agriculture, he awarded land targeted for poor landless farmers, to 11 "associates" and families of the elite in the South and BKK. That is what brought down the Democrat party from power in the only election they won in the last 20 years.

Too stupid to quote correctly!

10 million rai (out of the 140 million forested)........is encroached!

"He also expressed support for the integration of budget management and planning by the ministries of Tourism, Education and Defence with the Natural Resources Ministry."

Why would you want to integrate the budget Defence into these ministry's? Will spending be less transparent if this was done?

"Chote said more than 10 million rai (1.6 million hectares) of the country's 140 million rai of forested land was being encroached upon, adding that these areas should be allotted to landless people - a policy that had been agreed upon by the NCPO before Narong's visit yesterday."

That is a lot of land to give away? If one mob couldn't get the rice plan happening, what makes this mob better at giving away 1.6 million hectares to landless people in quick time? How will the rights of individuals be protected? Sounds like a Santa Claus give away?

"He also said a special land deed should be issued to landless people, instead of making them use existing deeds or other land-ownership documents that are easily transferable or saleable."

Will there be people wanting to buy this land? The land giveaway- what elements will make this process transparent?

Is the 1.6 million hectares part of the current National Parks program? As this was forested land; will the new occupants be required to maintain it as forested land or be able to clear the land?

A lot has been written over the years on National Parks and the illegal activity that happens within together with arguments about land ownership in remote hill tribe areas. This plan to me just sounds superficial.

Does the Admiral have a magic wand?

• Like 1

"He also expressed support for the integration of budget management and planning by the ministries of Tourism, Education and Defence with the Natural Resources Ministry."

Why would you want to integrate the budget Defence into these ministry's?

Yep. That's what stood out for me. Land grab? Budget grab?

• Like 1

If Prayuth is doing a great job at reforming the country towards an election, I wonder why there are anti-coup protestors rallying. They are hindering the progress and affecting tourism somehow. If everyone could cooperate and live in harmony, it would be heaven!:)

If Prayuth is doing a great job at reforming the country towards an election, I wonder why there are anti-coup protestors rallying. They are hindering the progress and affecting tourism somehow. If everyone could cooperate and live in harmony, it would be heaven!

They're Red Shirts. And the military is saying they're paid to protest. Arrested 14 of them so far, including one farang (from Belguim).

For anyone wanting more information on the 'paid to protest' part, check out the English translation of the statement Prayuth made this morning. Very interesting.

• Like 1

I would suspect that among others the landless people referred to would be the hill tribe people living in the forests of the national parks (AKA Billy family)

These people should be treated as a resource rather than a threat to the forests, they have generations of experience in managing their lives in the forest environment and their knowledge would be of great value in forest management.

They should be given jobs within the forest service as rangers and other positions, with good schools (health care and other facilities also) built for their children and scholarships in forestry management given to the graduates.

This would give the families an income that would reduce or eliminate their reliance on agriculture therefore allowing more reforestation and in time bring forest management under the guidance of people who live in, understand and have an empathy with the forests.

It is a good idea, but the goal is not to stop the deforestation and it appears that right now that the effort requires the military to come down hard on the armed gangs who are doing the raping and pillaging of what remains as Thailand's heritage.

Surely the felling of the trees is part of the deforestation, not only the felling of the trees themselves but the destruction that is required to get to the trees and extract the timber.

It would certainly seem from the results of the raids so far that it is not the hill tribe people who are doing the felling and selling of native timber.

To enlist and employ the people of the forest instead of making enemies of them by vilifying and attempting to throw them out can only help with the security of the forests against those who you call "the armed gangs".

Stop the deforestation in Northern Thailand

They're working on that. Found a bunch of logs in just the past few days. You'll never believe where they found them!

Thai news reporting more logs found today at the house of a guy named Somchai. Seems they already found some at his wife's house. Must run in the family...

If Prayuth is doing a great job at reforming the country towards an election, I wonder why there are anti-coup protestors rallying. They are hindering the progress and affecting tourism somehow. If everyone could cooperate and live in harmony, it would be heaven!

They're Red Shirts. And the military is saying they're paid to protest. Arrested 14 of them so far, including one farang (from Belguim).

For anyone wanting more information on the 'paid to protest' part, check out the English translation of the statement Prayuth made this morning. Very interesting.

So a Belgium guy, being sure not much smart to show a T-shirt with the writing "Peace Please", should be considered a Red Shirt?

This is wonderful, now that we now that everything the press reports is the absolute truth, we can rest assured that the new era under the supreme leader will be a glorious one.

Edited by aripengu
  • Like 1

NCPO urges ministry to scrap useless projects, give plots to the landless

They'd have to do it by force, because those ministry poopers are still too stubbornly brainwashed by the Thaksin regime.... neus.gif

Edited by MaxLee

This is wonderful, now that we now that everything the press reports is the absolute truth, we can rest assured that the new era under the supreme leader will be a glorious one.

So true. And then dear leader can invade countries like Australia, USA and England so he can fix the problems with the press in those countries. They seem to have totally different ideas and stories about what has happened in Thailand.

I wonder if their Vietnam war era military equipment can make it that far whistling.gif

If they are so concerned for the wealth-fare of the poor, how about giving ID cards to the hills tribe people so they can get real jobs

Maybe suthep can arrange the land distribution, he does have experience cheesy.gif

You don't "get it." To Thais, hill tribe people are not "people." They are considered an embarrassment and the official policy is to encourage them to move to another country. If this has changed I would like to be corrected, but a few years ago the official position was that their parents had all immigrated into Thailand during the Vietnam War (which actually started in 1945 when the U>S. provided ships for the French Army to return to Cochin China), and they should return to the countries their parents came from because Thailand will never, never give them citizenship. . Luckily they haven't yet achieved that staus of the Rohingya in Myanmar, but it could go that way. The government has never wanted to provide them with jobs or economic development. It wants them to go away.

• Like 1

Useless according to whom? Oh ok, I get it, according to the people now in charge.

You could get 100 people to look at proposed and on-going projects, and get a 100 different opinions, on what is needed and what should be dumped. That's why there are elections. At least with elected officials, the populace gets a slight chance of getting their ideas represented. With self-appointed heads, it's up to those bosses, that's about it. Maybe we'll get lucky, and the current boss will make wise choices. ....or maybe not, but none of us, or even voters will be able to do anything about it, either way. But again, 'wise decisions' are subjective. What I consider 'wise' may be considered stupid and wasteful by the next person, and vice versa, and so it goes in Thailand.

Put the populous on the straight and narrow, when we have transparency then elect---you see it's no good speaking like this to have the same brigade upturn again the good created. Elections come after the mega clean up. No matter who cleans up.

I see this a lot. There are a lot of people who post here to whom the possibility that they themselves might be misinformed or just plain wrong never occurs. Really, have you ever tried to think why a rice farmer from Khon Kaen or Buri Ram might get real benefits from Thaksin's policies? OK, the latest iteration of the rice price support scheme was a disaster, but I see that as partly a result of the PDRC desruption. They prevented the government from taking any action to ameliorate the problem.

And when are you going to explain what "reforms" you want that will "put the people on the straight and narrow?" It sounds dreadful -- do you think it will be unpopular? Please explain exactly what it is you hope Gen. Prayuth will do.

They're working on that. Found a bunch of logs in just the past few days. You'll never believe where they found them!

Thai news reporting more logs found today at the house of a guy named Somchai. Seems they already found some at his wife's house. Must run in the family...

Your point being?, 42%of Thai males are called Somchai, but you would know that being a bit of a smart a*se on here.

• Like 2

I believe the so-called illegal logs had detailed documentation, but they were confiscated on further investigation,

But if found to be illegal then let those responsible be prosecuted.

On the re-distribution of land to the poor and landless people well Suthep has a lot of experience with that sort of thing huh,

those that don't learn from history are destined to repeat it.

• Like 2

Put the populous on the straight and narrow, when we have transparency then elect---you see it's no good speaking like this to have the same brigade upturn again the good created. Elections come after the mega clean up. No matter who cleans up.

I see this a lot. There are a lot of people who post here to whom the possibility that they themselves might be misinformed or just plain wrong never occurs. Really, have you ever tried to think why a rice farmer from Khon Kaen or Buri Ram might get real benefits from Thaksin's policies? OK, the latest iteration of the rice price support scheme was a disaster, but I see that as partly a result of the PDRC desruption. They prevented the government from taking any action to ameliorate the problem.

And when are you going to explain what "reforms" you want that will "put the people on the straight and narrow?" It sounds dreadful -- do you think it will be unpopular? Please explain exactly what it is you hope Gen. Prayuth will do.

If you have any doubts about what the general will do---ASK HIM.

The PTP didn't put the people on the straight and narrow -it taught them that corruption was normal

Any reforms after the PTP will be most welcome. Read up more----police clean up---nabbing the wrongdoers--- no more killings in BKK calm after the likely storm.

You want Thaksins policies back--your welcome. Naturally the reds in disguise are demonstrating against the army, but they are all known now so this will fizzle out.

No small time farmer ever got anything from any scheme, this poor farmer only planted rice for his own consumption.

The only ones who benefitted were larger land owners--millers-warehouse keepers. It's a myth about the really poor farmer, he never got anything, he never sold rice to the government. You have to define "farmers" and look more into who benefitted.

• Like 1

As the Zen Master said: "We will see..."

Neither side has wanted to clean up this mess before and the only reason one of them has started now is to score points but as to how far they are willing to go

to put the country on a new course, is left to see.

• Like 1

As the Zen Master said: "We will see..."

Neither side has wanted to clean up this mess before and the only reason one of them has started now is to score points but as to how far they are willing to go

to put the country on a new course, is left to see.

Is there only 2 involved ???

Neither side being PTP--Dems. ===army has decided to do the job none of them did. You speak Quote " to score points" your amazing. crazy.

Maybe suthep can arrange the land distribution, he does have experience cheesy.gif

Would very much like a link explaining Suthep's experience in land distribution. Or is this another but, but Suthep post?

• Like 1