Sunday roast recommendations

roly

I was wondering if anyone has a good Sunday roast recommendation? Something maybe around 200-300 baht - in the mid range, rather than the free ones or the 800 baht ones. And somewhere where you could feasibly go alone (sans girlfriend) without sticking out like a sore thumb...

Places I can think of (but can't recall prices) might be Buffalo Bills in Hua Hin, Cha-am Pub, Palm Bistro (think it's 500+ however and a better place if I'm taking friends), anywhere else? This is for me basically to nip out on a Sunday and have a roast on my own if there's nobody about.

How about those pubs in soi 102? Any good?

Edited by roly

Palm Bistro in soi 88 does a cracking roast, think around 400 baht but its a real good one, some great choices in real ales also. Buffalo Bills has always been a good one and if you wanna travel to Pranbrui the Beach House Kite surfing place does a beauty but you have to preorder.

Havnet tried Tiks but may well give it a try, her food has always been very good but didnt know they did a roast.

• Like 1

Palm Bistro is the best i've had in Thailand by far......I've lived in BKK for around the last 10 years and paid way more for lunches no where near as good. Moving to HH in a few months time so looking forward to my weekly visit there.

Got to find a good place for a full English Breakie next.

Edited by Mark79

• 2 weeks later...

Palm Bistro is the best i've had in Thailand by far......I've lived in BKK for around the last 10 years and paid way more for lunches no where near as good. Moving to HH in a few months time so looking forward to my weekly visit there.

Got to find a good place for a full English Breakie next.

Interesting, I'll check this Palm Bistro place out. I've ate at various places in Hua Hin over the last couple of years including one or two of the places mentioned in this thread and I was not impressed with what they served.

I'm in Bangkok at the moment and earlier today I had the Sunday lunch buffet at The Londoner which is always very good. The Londoner on Sukhumvit Road closes this week so I hope they get setup in their new location and continue to do the buffet when / if they reopen. I always look forward to going there for some food whenever I'm in Bangkok.

Sunday roast? Forgive an American for having to ask, but is it just what it sounds . . . roast beef on Sunday, or is there a bit more to it? Is this a British tradition, something akin to afternoon tea?

I have tried these Sunday roasts a few times. They are not any good. Everything on the plate is just smothered in gravy and it all tastes the same. I am not sure on the cooking method used but in my opinion it seemed liked everything was just boiled and they have to cover it all in gravy to make it taste like anything.

Sunday roast? Forgive an American for having to ask, but is it just what it sounds . . . roast beef on Sunday, or is there a bit more to it? Is this a British tradition, something akin to afternoon tea?

I have tried these Sunday roasts a few times. They are not any good. Everything on the plate is just smothered in gravy and it all tastes the same. I am not sure on the cooking method used but in my opinion it seemed liked everything was just boiled and they have to cover it all in gravy to make it taste like anything.

Fair comment. It's supposed to be a roasted joint of meat can be Beef, Lamb, Pork or Chicken with roasted potatoes crispy on the outside and soft inside. Accompanied by vegetables boiled but should still have a bit of bite with gravy. Brits look for it to get a reminder of home. It's quite difficult to replicate as it's a home cooked meal really, mass produced it's never as good as home made.

Fair comment. It's supposed to be a roasted joint of meat can be Beef, Lamb, Pork or Chicken with roasted potatoes crispy on the outside and soft inside. Accompanied by vegetables boiled but should still have a bit of bite with gravy. Brits look for it to get a reminder of home. It's quite difficult to replicate as it's a home cooked meal really, mass produced it's never as good as home made.

Forgot to add.

With Roast Beef - Yorkshire Pudding

With Lamb - Mint Sauce

With Pork - Apple Sauce

With Chicken - Stuffing.

• 3 years later...

Mutha and other Americans confused about a Sunday Roast, let me explain.

if you think of a Big Mac, take off the special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions all in a sesame seeded bun, put gravy on it. Then instead of cutting your McDonalds chips into shape cut the potatoes in half and roast them.

Then have it on a Sunday instead of 7 days a week then you have a Sunday Roast.

Oh and thanks for your exports ? God bless AMERICA 

Can you explain thanksgiving dinner, is that like a banana soufflé