Member With A Problem!

tuky

Tuky, you do need to get out of your current house, even if you can't get out of your current country. Make any excuse- you want to be a bit further out, or closer in, or higher, or in a different part of town, for whatever reason works. Get out of the places in which you developed the patterns that would continue to let you exist as you do now, drinking heavily.

The move itself will consume some of your free time and keep you from drinking. Then, in the new place, you can try to develop new habits. I'd say occupying time in ways other than drinking is a more important emphasis than "avoiding drinking," at least at first. They say a new habit takes 30 days to begin to "hold." Shoot for that and then make plans from there.

"Steven"

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...

It is me.

Whilst I love a drink, it makes me feel better, gives me confidence, helps pass the time, lets me dream about all that I wish I had, and satisfies my thirst. I have come to the conclusion that I need to stop.

Last night I drank a whole bottle of vodka, the night before I did the same. My nightly consumption is a bottle of vodka, or 8-12 700ml bottles of beer.

I was drinking with my boss tonight and I told him how much I drink, he was shocked. He told me I come to work everyday and he had no idea I drink so much.

However, I really truly want to stop it.

So I made a deal with my boss, as of monday I will stop drinking and stop smoking. I am on 3 packs a day.

He will also stop drinking and smoking.

PLEASE wish me luck. I have a really bad drinking problem, alcohol calls to me, it says drink me, drink me and I listen.

I really want to do this, and I just hope I have the will power.\

Tonight is the last night I can get pissed, and tomorrow is the last day I can smoke.

Please wish me luck and help me guys. I want to be old enough to see my two girls grow into two fine women.

Love you all.

-- Tuky

Admin edit: tuky gave his approval to publish this post in the open forum, it was first published in the moderators forum on 2006-06-17.

Tuky,

Haven't seen you very much lately on the subforums I frequent, but I've always liked and admired what I've seen of you in your posts. As you describe it, you do have a serious problem to overcome, and I'd have to say I have no idea how difficult it will be for you.

However, I do know that you will need to change other things in your life- not just smoking and drinking- that means you'll need to go to new places where there's no alcohol or smoking allowed, and find new friends who won't be smoking and drinking around you. I don't remember your situation regarding how long you have to be away from your family, but the sooner you can be back together with them the better.

If you're back in Thailand at any point, I'd be happy to hang out with you without smoking or drinking. Good luck and keep us posted.

"S"

Hey Leith:

Every day we open our eyes again in the morning, it's a new day! Take it one day at a time sweetie. Every day presents itself as an opportunity to walk down a differnt path. It might help you to prepare yourself ahead of time to walk down another road. Do whatever it takes to get away from whatever it is that makes it too easy for you to habitually take the least path of resistance.

I have never been an alcoholic, but I am the child of alcoholics. I had to go to Al-Anon meetings (within the AA group) to heal issues that were passed on to me by a family of alcoholics. I wish you all the best my friend, and I hope your little daughters will be blessed with a relationship with their dad that is unclouded by alcohol chaos and distance.

Just pick yourself up and start again Tuky. If people gave up at the first or second or third or tenth sign of failure, most of the greatest minds and greatest artists would have retreated into an alcohol haze and never come out again.

Good luck my friend.

You are someone to be admired Tuky for laying yourself bare like this, but this is a big step u've taken which inspires confidence YOU CAN SUCCEED.

It is so heartening to read all this support for you.

The very best

OeJ

:o:D

redrus

The 12 step programme to recovery works 4 years sober says it does.. anybody want to contradict me?

AA's own statisticss suggest it works for 5% of those who start the programme, same rate as for those who quit on their own, but lower than the success rates for many clinical treatment programs and other methods (and lower than Wat Tham Krabok here in Thailand).

AA ranks 38 in an evaluation of 48 alcohol treatment strategies conducted by the authors of Handbook of alcoholism treatment approaches: Effective alternatives (3rd ed.), 2003, Allyn & Bacon.

The debate about AA vs other programs has been going on for decades and there are tons of materials written both pro and anti AA. It will take a good amount of willpower and determination to quit once you've crossed the line and you have to be able to muster that no matter what avenue you choose. Sure....AA can claim 100% success to those who follow the program 100% but following that 12 step program to the letter complete with sponsors...the whole 9 yards....isn't an easy task. To many...it is far more intrusive and difficult to follow than other programs.

I suppose the real benefit of AA to many is that, assuming most people are social animals, it encourages you to surround yourself with people who have been there and a sponsor so that you aren't making the journey alone. It's not for everyone by any means. But I would encourage anyone to consider it...try it.. It cost nothing and you can try other programs as well. It will become apparent whether AA appeals to you pretty quickly I suspect.

Hey Leith:

Every day we open our eyes again in the morning, it's a new day! Take it one day at a time sweetie. Every day presents itself as an opportunity to walk down a differnt path. It might help you to prepare yourself ahead of time to walk down another road. Do whatever it takes to get away from whatever it is that makes it too easy for you to habitually take the least path of resistance.

I have never been an alcoholic, but I am the child of alcoholics. I had to go to Al-Anon meetings (within the AA group) to heal issues that were passed on to me by a family of alcoholics. I wish you all the best my friend, and I hope your little daughters will be blessed with a relationship with their dad that is unclouded by alcohol chaos and distance.

Just pick yourself up and start again Tuky. If people gave up at the first or second or third or tenth sign of failure, most of the greatest minds and greatest artists would have retreated into an alcohol haze and never come out again.

Good luck my friend.

kat, you have touched me.

As has everyone else, I never dreamt of so much support. Infact I thought I would be laughed off the thaivisa froum.

My wife would tyhink me crazy for having brought this up (you have met her kat), but that is part of my problem, she does not understnd what it means to be an alcoholic.

Anyway, I have not been sober yet as D day is the 30th. TO be honest with you all I am really sorry that we did this, I have been drunk the whole time even though I am ripe for the picking. I have nearly finished 1litre bottle of vodka tonight which would normally ruin tomorrow, but I have worked out that if I end up drinking tat much, if I then finish the night with a red bull I will wake up in the morning feeling ok. If I do not drink the red bull chances are I will not wake up in time for work.

ANyway, I a still battling on. I am seriously looking at changing my work environment which is hard as we have commitments, not the least of them is the future of my girls (and hopefully a boy in the future, another topic). I want them to have the best that I can give them, perhaps due to my own upbringing (my Dad is in the same line of work as me) I am continuing a long line of absent fathers (My Dad first met his father when he was 12 yrs old due to war, there is a book written about my dad's father and his exploits on the kokoda trail) plus my Mothers father who was a politician and at one point the deputy prime minister of Aust, a fellow by the name of John Burchell (or similar spelling). For those that want to make sure I am not a liar.

Anyway, here I am, drunk again.

I just hope that none of my work comrades read this board, in my line of work many or my work mates have a Thai wife, call Thailand home or visit every 2 months.

Here's to getting straight...

Yes...

It is me.

Whilst I love a drink, it makes me feel better, gives me confidence, helps pass the time, lets me dream about all that I wish I had, and satisfies my thirst. I have come to the conclusion that I need to stop.

Please wish me luck and help me guys. I want to be old enough to see my two girls grow into two fine women.

Love you all.

-- Tuky

Admin edit: tuky gave his approval to publish this post in the open forum, it was first published in the moderators forum on 2006-06-17.

Tuky, My full hearted support goes to you... as i posted elsewhere, I´m also on a mission to completely cut down. I find myself always wanting to escape from the world around me. I´ve managed to convince myself that I´m in control, and yet every day I get worse. I´m no longer productive. I hadn´t had any dreams I could remember for years. Now I´m getting wierd spooky, VERY intense dreams, but I don´t mind them. When I awaken I try to remember them by writing htem down, and as I write the first memories of the dream, more memories come flooding back.

Sometimes in my dreams, I feel like I´ve been away for years.

In a sense, I have.

Chok Dii, Don Tuky.

Yes...

It is me.

Love you all.

-- Tuky

Tuky, My full hearted support goes to you... as i posted elsewhere, I´m also on a mission to completely cut down. I find myself always wanting to escape from the world around me. I´ve managed to convince myself that I´m in control, and yet every day I get worse. I´m no longer productive. I hadn´t had any dreams I could remember for years. Now I´m getting wierd spooky, VERY intense dreams, but I don´t mind them. When I awaken I try to remember them by writing htem down, and as I write the first memories of the dream, more memories come flooding back.

Sometimes in my dreams, I feel like I´ve been away for years.

In a sense, I have.

Chok Dii, Don Tuky.

Mate, If I wrote my dreams down and then got pulled up at immigration I would probably get done for deviant behaviour as my dreams are freakin weird man, WHEN I HAVE NOT HAD A DRINK.

kayo, join us on the 30th, we are setting up a private room where can support each other without discouraging remarks from folks that do not want us to succeed (mainly because they are jealous :o )

Keep in touch Pal.

Sounds good tuky. I will try to get here ealry to catch the time zones.

I´d potentially be interested in dream sharing, understanding. For I too, have only had the vividness in days of sobriety. And NOT after the recovery sleep, but rather in a follow up nap, or when I get to bed sober.

But that would be a topic to discuss for the private room. I´ll go check that thread.

Edited by kayo

I had 2 beers last night... but the remarkable thing was that I ONLY had 2..then I drank tea and went to bed.

I decided I was gonna get drunk because I was feeling a bit sorry for myself having spent the last 3 days in hospital.

but I DID NOT get drunk.... after 2 beers..something told me that I really did not NEED anymore.

I think that my mind was telling me that what a shame it would be to waste all the time I had spent on this particular forum by getting smashed and letting others down (not to mention myself) We are all allowed a "little slip" once in a while as long as we get right up, dust ourselves off ..and start all over again (To quote the song).

I did NOT enjoy them... thats really GOOD NEWS for me.. I hope that I can remember that I did not enjoy drinking last night ..Tonight.

Hey Leith:

Good luck my friend.

As has everyone else, I never dreamt of so much support. Infact I thought I would be laughed off the thaivisa froum.

My wife would tyhink me crazy for having brought this up (you have met her kat), but that is part of my problem, she does not understnd what it means to be an alcoholic.

Anyway, I have not been sober yet as D day is the 30th. TO be honest with you all I am really sorry that we did this, I have been drunk the whole time even though I am ripe for the picking. I have nearly finished 1litre bottle of vodka tonight which would normally ruin tomorrow, but I have worked out that if I end up drinking tat much, if I then finish the night with a red bull I will wake up in the morning feeling ok. If I do not drink the red bull chances are I will not wake up in time for work.

ANyway, I a still battling on. I am seriously looking at changing my work environment which is hard as we have commitments, not the least of them is the future of my girls (and hopefully a boy in the future, another topic). I want them to have the best that I can give them, perhaps due to my own upbringing (my Dad is in the same line of work as me) I am continuing a long line of absent fathers (My Dad first met his father when he was 12 yrs old due to war, there is a book written about my dad's father and his exploits on the kokoda trail) plus my Mothers father who was a politician and at one point the deputy prime minister of Aust, a fellow by the name of John Burchell (or similar spelling). For those that want to make sure I am not a liar.

I just hope that none of my work comrades read this board, in my line of work many or my work mates have a Thai wife, call Thailand home or visit every 2 months.

Tuky, I don't think there's anyway people could laugh you off the forum, because if we are all honest with ourselves we all have issues, especially those who spend a lot of time on a forum.

You've touched me too - with your honesty. That's what it's all about: getting up everyday and looking at yourself in the mirror, and having the guts to be who you are, flaws and all. It's really not for the faint-hearted. When you feel shame or defeat or restlessness, then you know there is something that needs to be reconciled within yourself first, and then with others. I think that's what a lot of getting sober is also about. It's clear that you now feel the restlessness; you need to figure out what that's about. It sounds like you come from a line of earth movers and shakers, so, who knows what you're trying to drown out as a form of self-sabotage. Alcoholism is really nothing more than an escape. I come from a long line of escape artists, both gentically and environmentally.

I'm also an escape artist, but I don't use alcohol. I simply procrastinate and ignore until I no longer remember what it is I'm supposed to fulfill. I am not reaching my potential -- in fact I am the master of sabotage when it comes to my own goals. So, you are definitely not alone. I just never took to alcohol as an escape vehicle because my body can't handle it.

Where are you guys meeting? I almost feel like I should go, but instead of not drinking, I can report on my breaking a habitual procrastination problem. Can I come? I understand if you want it restricted solely to drinkers, though.

As for weird dreams: when I was a teenager up until my late twenties, I had very severe and freaky nightmares. I'm serious - I would wake up entire apartment buildings with my screams during sleep. It started with teenage nightmares in which I wanted to scream but was immobilized. I trained myself to vocalize and fight off whatever was stalking me in my dreams, and it worked! First, I would scream and kill the motherfckers for everyone to hear, and then the nightmares slowly stopped. I don't have them anymore. Everything can be conditioned, once you put your mind to it. But, I think it's also important to stare down whatever is chasing or closing in on you, and deal with it. All things will pass, and then transform into something else, but you have to remove the "blockage". You can transform these "blockages" (alcoholism/procrastination) and bad dreams into something else.

Now I'm going to join you guys, but not with drink, but with creative and meaningful productivity. I'm going to put my money or actions where my mouth is. I'm going to stop procrastinating on my most meaningful projects. But, this is going to mean major change is in order. I better start preparing now.

Kat,

Big Kiss, and bigger hugs.

I think that your last post has just convinced me I have to go and face a few things (firstly, going back to my bar, and apologising to my boss and getting my job back). Starting today. Procastination. I´ll try to get rid of it.

Kayo.

Hey Leith:

Good luck my friend.

I don't think many are laughing Tuky, and those that make funny asides are often showing support in their own way,

but i'll second the comment of ' heres to going straight', no matter how difficult the dreams may be.

Success doesn't always come first time round.

Moss

Tonight is the last night I can get pissed, and tomorrow is the last day I can smoke.

you wrote that on 17th june

you wrote that on27th June

Is this a moveable feast?

To Tuky, TP, and others who are regaining their control:

Let´s keep it going, whether you are cutting down, quitting altogether. Whether you have a night off the wagon, but hop on again, in which ever form or manner you go about regaining control.

I have called my boss, and I am on my way over there now to find out what´s what. I don´t even remember most of that night, only that I was completely out of my mind and out of control.

If he´s agreed to see me, I gather it is a good sign.

I thank Kat. You earlier post inspired me to do this today.

I´ll let you know how things go.

Good luck kayo... although somehow I don't think you're really going to need it.

Regaining control... that's what it's all about isn't it?

Fantastic post Kat... truly inspiring and much appreciated.

:o

Hey tuky... how's that private room coming along?

Kat,

I think that your last post has just convinced me I have to go and face a few things (firstly, going back to my bar, and apologising to my boss and getting my job back). Starting today. Procastination. I´ll try to get rid of it.

Kayo.

Big kiss and hugs to you, too, and to everyone else on this page who needs them. I hope everything turns out as you want them to turn out today, Kayo.

But if not, just learn and move on. We have to show up for ourselves, for our lives; it's simply about showing up, and being present. Sometimes we make mistakes, and sometimes we fail. The best we can do is to learn from it, make amends, and move on, hopefully smarter and wiser.

This goes for me as well. I've had what a consider a failure, and have not forgiven myself or moved on. This is my challenge.

Good luck in showing up for yourself Kayo, regardless of the outcome. You'll be ready to move forward afterwards.

Kat

Over 2,000 views on this thread now.. yet only half a dozen of us or so have held our hands up to having a drink problem.

I would say that there are an awful lot of members in denial.

Still, its horses for courses.. there will always be those that are curious.. but I would bet my bottom pound (I am not American so cannot say Dollar) that there are a lot more people who read these threads that have problems that they cannot face up to, probably 1,000 or more.

To those that are drinking way too much this is a chance to reverse the situation.. once the new forum is created that only allows us Alckie's to talk to each other ...you will be frozen out.

So PLEASE.. for the sake of your Wife. Your Children whatever..PM Tuky and I am sure that if you want to retain your anomimity from this particular problem you will be IN

Kat,

Kayo.

Big kiss and hugs to you, too, and to everyone else on this page who needs them. I hope everything turns out as you want them to turn out today, Kayo.

But if not, just learn and move on. We have to show up for ourselves, for our lives; it's simply about showing up, and being present. Sometimes we make mistakes, and sometimes we fail. The best we can do is to learn from it, make amends, and move on, hopefully smarter and wiser.

This goes for me as well. I've had what a consider a failure, and have not forgiven myself or moved on. This is my challenge.

Good luck in showing up for yourself Kayo, regardless of the outcome. You'll be ready to move forward afterwards.

Kat

Thank you kat. I went and we spoke, at long lengths. He wants me there. I want to be there. But he recommended and I agreed, maybe I need more time to make sure I can stay on track. I know the bar doesn´t do well when I´m not there. It´s not just me personally, but it is about having a multi cultural person like me there. Someone who understands my customers, the music, the ambience, etc..... Anyway, so I´ve got an undefined suspension, and that´s more than fair. Anybody else would have been fired.

I put in Bold a part of your last post. This to me is becoming clear that this is a central concept to my own problems as well. Problems, old and new, or failures, old and new. WHat I did last week I would never have gotten to such depths had it not been for my failures, or failure to face my failures in these past years.

Very closely related to why I lost control, the theme I mention repeatedly. Control. Face my failures. Personal Mission.

Over 2,000 views on this thread now.. yet only half a dozen of us or so have held our hands up to having a drink problem.

I would say that there are an awful lot of members in denial.

Still, its horses for courses.. there will always be those that are curious.. but I would bet my bottom pound (I am not American so cannot say Dollar) that there are a lot more people who read these threads that have problems that they cannot face up to, probably 1,000 or more.

To those that are drinking way too much this is a chance to reverse the situation.. once the new forum is created that only allows us Alckie's to talk to each other ...you will be frozen out.

So PLEASE.. for the sake of your Wife. Your Children whatever..PM Tuky and I am sure that if you want to retain your anomimity from this particular problem you will be IN

I have been one for a long time. I still am. Maybe things are starting to change.

I gotta go and pm tuky. Anybody heard from him. Yesterday he said he was going out drinking.

I don't suppose this is a first, but I doubt that there's many internet forums dedicated to a bunch of people trying to quit or control their drinking form an agreed date - from all over the world, in different time zones. It's kind of weird and exciting. Most of us are probably doing it this way, because for us, there is no other way.

The more I think about it, the more I understand that it's a sort of loneliness, boredom, disatisfaction with life that initially drives us down this path, and once there it's difficult to get out. I personally believe there is two aspects to alcoholism - there's the life situation which put us there in the first place. then there's the physical craving, with the attendabnt DT's and withdrawal symptoms when we try to stop. So I think I will tackle the two seperately - try to change the life situation, and battle away on the cravings.

I mean no disrespect to anyone when I say that many will fail within 48 hours or less. I think this is par for the course, but if it happens to you, or me, we mustn't think to badly of ourselves, and we mustn't give up. We must try to understand why we failed, and get our minds into the right frame of mind to try again. If it was that easy, none of us would be here. There is no shame in failure, and the support on this forum will help us to brush ourselves down and give it another go.

65 minutes to go in the LOS.

Good luck to one and all :o

you wrote that on 17th june

you wrote that on27th June

Is this a moveable feast?

Apologies mate, I have let you down.

I got caught up in the D Day thing and decided to throw my hat in with the rest of the guys that are making the commitment.

If I have set you back by not going ahead with my original plan then I am sorry. It is not too late though, please feel free to join us in our group.

I am sure you have read the whole thread, so you are aware that this thread started out as a private admission in the mods only forum, but us admin/mods decided to try to make something more of it by moving the thread into general population.

It has worked and as I am sure you are aware a group of us have decided to committ to a 90 day dry period.

So, stand by for the 30th.

Cheers :o

Why does it have to be all or nothing? Sounds very American to me.

Why cant you just cut down? Enjoy a drink, but dont go over the top.

If any of you actually stop drinking altogether, watch out for them in a year or two's time joining some prohibition lobby, or raising the drinking ages to 45.

Good luck if you feel you need to cut down, but keep things in perspective. Even Jesus enjoyed a drink!

Kudos to ya Tuky :D

I'm sure that I drink too much and too often.

I had a massive Coke problem about 5 years ago, it could have killed me.

I find alcohol to be less of an issue,

Why ?

Because it is a legal drug , along with cigarettes.

I kicked the Coke in the head because:-

1) It is illegal.

2) It is ######ing expensive.

3) It makes you paranoid and insane[ you wouldn't believe the shit I did ... :D ]

I find that you can drink a bottle a day of Spirits [or more] without the above.

But it still is wrong, and it stil can [ and will] ###### your life up Bro.

Only you can kill this poisonous urge within.

If I could give up Coke.

You can give up booze.

Good luck Brother :D

Phil

pm me if you wanna chat... :o

Kudos to ya Tuky :D

I'm sure that I drink too much and too often.

I had a massive Coke problem about 5 years ago, it could have killed me.

I find alcohol to be less of an issue,

Why ?

Because it is a legal drug , along with cigarettes.

1) It is illegal.

2) It is ######ing expensive.

3) It makes you paranoid and insane[ you wouldn't believe the shit I did ... :D ]

I find that you can drink a bottle a day of Spirits [or more] without the above.

But it still is wrong, and it stil can [ and will] ###### your life up Bro.

Only you can kill this poisonous urge within.

If I could give up Coke.

You can give up booze.

Good luck Brother :D

Phil

pm me if you wanna chat... :D

1) It is illegal. also not an issue here

2) It is ######ing expensive. also not an issue here

3) It makes you paranoid and insane[ you wouldn't believe the shit I did ... :D ] this YES, I do absolutely believe you. Aside from my own sins, all the shi1t I´ve seen other perfectly wonderful people do.... stagger belief. And this is above all the Direct cause of my discontrol (leaving aside all mental blame and pent up frustrations for the moment) Chow.... thank you for being a part of this.

:o

I don't suppose this is a first, but I doubt that there's many internet forums dedicated to a bunch of people trying to quit or control their drinking form an agreed date - from all over the world, in different time zones. It's kind of weird and exciting. Most of us are probably doing it this way, because for us, there is no other way.

The more I think about it, the more I understand that it's a sort of loneliness, boredom, disatisfaction with life that initially drives us down this path, and once there it's difficult to get out. I personally believe there is two aspects to alcoholism - there's the life situation which put us there in the first place. then there's the physical craving, with the attendabnt DT's and withdrawal symptoms when we try to stop. So I think I will tackle the two seperately - try to change the life situation, and battle away on the cravings.

I mean no disrespect to anyone when I say that many will fail within 48 hours or less. I think this is par for the course, but if it happens to you, or me, we mustn't think to badly of ourselves, and we mustn't give up. We must try to understand why we failed, and get our minds into the right frame of mind to try again. If it was that easy, none of us would be here. There is no shame in failure, and the support on this forum will help us to brush ourselves down and give it another go.

65 minutes to go in the LOS.

Good luck to one and all :o

There is a Darwinian aspect to alcoholism. People who have been exposed to alcohol for a very long period of time have a lower rate of alcoholism: the Italians, the Jews and other Mediterranean folks for example. For them drinking predates the Bible. For people who have been exposed to it more recently, they have less tolerance: Eskimos, American Indians, and many Nordic peoples.

The early adopters of alcohol had their alcoholics killed off in horseback riding accidents or by inability to mate. So it was the genes of the non-alcoholics that prevailed. Darwin has not had time to work on the peoples of the far north.

Alcoholism is largely an inherited thing. An alcoholic can look at his family tree and clearly see bottles hanging from the limbs.

Why does it have to be all or nothing? Sounds very American to me.

Why cant you just cut down? Enjoy a drink, but dont go over the top.

If any of you actually stop drinking altogether, watch out for them in a year or two's time joining some prohibition lobby, or raising the drinking ages to 45.

Good luck if you feel you need to cut down, but keep things in perspective. Even Jesus enjoyed a drink!

I wake up every morning and the first thought that comes to my mind is "I am not drinking tonight". I Sh1t, Shower, Shave and make a coffee, turn the pc on and look at some porn :o then jump in the car that takes me to work.

By 9am I am worried that the local shop will have run out of my favourite brand of beer, if they have I decide to buy a few of the generic brand and send a taxi to look for a shop with my brand.

By 10am I am thinking that perhaps if they don't have my brand I might buy vodka instead, nah I like beer, but I like my favourite brand, perhaps vodka then.

In between these desires I have work to do.

millwall_fan it is hard for someone to understand the pull that alcohol has on someone that has not experienced it.

I have never been able to stop at one, I get the taste and not much can stop me from going for another drink. As a teenager I pawned all sorts of stuff in order to buy drink, now that I have a career (luckily, due to some very unfortunate experiences) and I am earning enough to keep a drinking habit plus buy houses, and keep money in the bank it is harder and hardser not to get slaughtered every night.

I will never understand a gambling addiction, but I do not doubt its pull and its effect on life.

I hope you can keep an open mind about this.

Thanks for your input.

Best

tuky