You get out of life what you put into it.

Strangebrew

I thought that too, while young and living in the USA.

But now I'm old and living here, I just do what everyone else is doing.

You should try it, it's fun and you're missing out.

No thanks. I don't think that 'everyone else' is doing it, either - although I understand why the whoremongers tell themselves that.

• Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that too, while young and living in the USA.But now I'm old and living here, I just do what everyone else is doing.

You should try it, it's fun and you're missing out.

No thanks. I don't think that 'everyone else' is doing it, either - although I understand why the whoremongers tell themselves that.

What constitutes a whoremonger? I hope I'm not one. The view from my ivory tower is quite delightful. What's your view like?

• Like 1

"Spelling Police" post removed, and some responses.

Forum Netiquette:

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

• Like 1

What constitutes a whoremonger?

I think the term is fairly self-explanatory. Certainly it seems to be widely understood around these parts.

Is it like a fishmonger, or an ironmonger?

I think the term is fairly self-explanatory. Certainly it seems to be widely understood around these parts.

Yes, it is strange, a word ending usually used to indicate someone who sells, but in this case used to indicate someone who buys.

Yes, it is strange, a word ending usually used to indicate someone who sells, but in this case used to indicate someone who buys.

It is someone who sells or creates whores not someone who frequents them. That is called a John. Just another convenient corruption of the English Language.

It is someone who sells or creates whores not someone who frequents them. That is called a John. Just another convenient corruption of the English Language.

Check the dictionary - you're quite incorrect.

'Monger' denotes one who trades in a commodity. It doesn't specifically refer to buying or selling.

'Monger' denotes one who trades in a commodity. It doesn't specifically refer to buying or selling.

'Trades' implies selling and buying.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Those of you who think it's the 'easy option' - how about you let a few fat old guys get beered up and sweaty and then go to town on you one night, then tell us how easy you think it is?

Well, now, let's change that to fat sweaty drunk old women who pay you 1/3 of an average month's salary in your home country each time they hump you. Just close your eyes and keep saying,"lips are lips."

I liked strangebrew's story, whether true or not. Many. girls don't see any other way out of poverty. Many girls are sold into this life. Many are trafficked into it. A very few are lazy and see this as easy money. Generations of this being an accepted option for poor people have turned Thailand into the sex capitol of the world. So sad to see comments from the obvious sexpats like sanuk711 so often on TV. Do you guys use whores in your own country or are they just too expensive?

Any behind the scenes documentary of why girls end up becoming prostitutes is pretty shocking.

Catweazle's story is true but he left out that sometimes the girl's are knocked up by family members and often whoring is a family biz. With the hope that one day someone will hit the big time.

The whole point of being a whore is that you have sex with fat, ugly, old men even handsome men pay for it because whores will do things nice girls won't.

Hugh Grant paid for it and countless other celebs.

Please stop the Sexpat thing it is stupid and hypocritical. Whether your girl is a whore or not (Thai or otherwise) you'll end up paying one way or another.

Only if you are the provider. Try a rich woman, they don't ask for money.

• Like 1

You are incorrect.

Antonyms for monger
Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group.
Cite This Source

Why are you all so keen to argue that this word doesn't mean what it means, anyway? Despite the definition being quite clearly defined.

Would you prefer another term for some reason? I've seen the painfully twee 'naughty boy' used a fair bit. Does that make you feel better about what you do?

Why are you all so keen to argue that this word doesn't mean what it means, anyway? Despite the definition being quite clearly defined.

Would you prefer another term for some reason? I've seen the painfully twee 'naughty boy' used a fair bit. Does that make you feel better about what you do?

Frankly I don't give a toss about the word. However you come across as a complete twit, as you wrote, "Check the dictionary - you're quite incorrect."

There are 100 other ways of saying that without the teacher smirk stuff, "quite incorrect." Like that is worse than just wrong or not correct. Quite incorrect begs a response of, "no tis you who are quite incorrect!"