extention of retirement visa -do I need to show my bank book?

If you are talking about a 12 month extension from Immigration.

You will need a letter from your bank plus an updated bank book if using savings.

If using income you need a letter from your Embassy.

Will probably need proof of address.

It will cost you about 200 Baht for the bank letter.

1,900 Baht Immigration application fee.

You don't need an agent as it is very easy to do yourself.

You will need to have 800k baht in a Thai bank account for 60 days or proof of 65k income or a combination of the two totaling 800k baht apply for an extension of stay.

Do you already have a non immigrant O visa?

Hi -

It is quite easy to do, as a couple others have mentioned.

Download the proper form from Thai Immigration website (I think it is TMB-7)

If you are relying on savings, have bank book showing you have ฿800,000 minimum.

If relying on monthly income, go to your embassy at get a certified letter of income. (At US embassy the letter is blank - you fill in the amount of income and the embassy certifies your statement of income.)

Bring proof of where you stay - rental agreement, etc

Take it all to immigration at Chaeng Wattana (I guess they are open for business now.). Get there when they open, get your queue number, pay the ฿1900 fee and you should be out of there in under an hour - longer if you are not there when they open.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hi

I I have the document from the embassy stating that I have B70,000 every month do I still need to show a bank book with B800,000?

What if I am married to a Thai? Does that help?

I have only my old "O" visa. Do I need to have a new one or will they extend / give me a new "O" visa? If so, What is the cost?

Hi

I I have the document from the embassy stating that I have B70,000 every month do I still need to show a bank book with B800,000?

I have only my old "O" visa. Do I need to have a new one or will they extend / give me a new "O" visa? If so, What is the cost?

The income you have is more than enough to apply for an extension of stay (it is not a visa) without needing money in the bank.

If you have a non-o visa entry now or an existing extension of stay you do not need to get a new visa.

If you are married to a Thai you only need an income of 40k baht or 400k baht in the bank.

I

"If you are married to a Thai only need an income of 40k baht or 400k baht in the bank."

Extensions for marriage require more paperwork. Your wife will also need to go with you to immigration.

You'd get an 'under consideration' stamp for 30 days. When you return there in 30 days, you'd get the remainder of the 1 year extension.

Don't forget the photos.

Hi -

It is quite easy to do, as a couple others have mentioned.

Download the proper form from Thai Immigration website (I think it is TMB-7)

If you are relying on savings, have bank book showing you have ฿800,000 minimum.

If relying on monthly income, go to your embassy at get a certified letter of income. (At US embassy the letter is blank - you fill in the amount of income and the embassy certifies your statement of income.)

Bring proof of where you stay - rental agreement, etc

Take it all to immigration at Chaeng Wattana (I guess they are open for business now.). Get there when they open, get your queue number, pay the ฿1900 fee and you should be out of there in under an hour - longer if you are not there when they open.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Proof of rent, if you rent, can include the rental agreement in your name, proof of ownership of the rental property by the owner, copy of the owners ID card and map of the rental property. All signed by the owner and countersigned by you.

Different offices have different requirements, some I hear may even send someone to check that you do live there.

Hi I have a few more details about me extending my present 1 year retirement visa which I have had for 2 years..

I have a NON-IMM visa that was issued in Samut Prakarn. I now stay in Pathumthani. wherre do I have to go to renew it? Everyone is talking about CHaeng Wattana so I am a little confused.

Is this NON-IMM visa/Re-Entry permit. OK. Everybody is taking about a "O"

If I have a document from my embassy showing that I have B70,000 coming each month, do I still need to show a bank book with B800,000 in it for the last 60 days?

Thanks guys

Hi I have a few more details about me extending my present 1 year retirement visa which I have had for 2 years..

I have a NON-IMM visa that was issued in Samut Prakarn.

Visas are issued by embassies and consulates. If you got something at Immigrations in Samut Prakan, it is presumably an annual extension of stay. When you first entered Thailand you most probably had (or converted to) a Non-Immigrant O visa. At some point you went to Immigrations and applied for an extension of stay (not a visa) based on retirement. Each year that you want to continue residing in Thailand you go to Immigrations for another extension of stay. The non-imm O visa you originally had is not extended, your permission to stay is.

If you have an affidavit from your embassy issued less than six month before you go to Immigrations for your next extension of stay, you do not need to have a certain amount in a Thai bank, but it's a good idea to bring along your bank book. Immigrations may want to see it or have photocopies of pages to demonstrate that you are bringing in money that you use for living expenses. I'm not saying this is a written requirement, but officers can ask for such things if they want further proof that you're living off money coming from external sources. I always bring the embassy letter, photocopies of bank book and a letter from the bank manager. It's overkill, but I like to have all bases covered.

You need to do your extension of stay at the office that serves your area of residence. You should have proof of your current residential address to present to the local Immigrations office, especially if you've shifted to a new area.

Edited by Suradit69

"If I have a document from my embassy showing that I have B70,000 coming each month, do I still need to show a bank book with B800,000 in it for the last 60 days?"

No.

"Hi I have a few more details about me extending my present 1 year retirement visa which I have had for 2 years..

I have a NON-IMM visa that was issued in Samut Prakarn. I now stay in Pathumthani. wherre do I have to go to renew it? Everyone is talking about CHaeng Wattana so I am a little confused."

I don't think you have a visa. Visas are issued by Thai Consulates, not immigration offices.

If you got something from an immigration office, it is an extension of the permission to stay in Thailand. Your visa expired long ago.

You need to extend the permission to stay at the local immigration office for your area. I don't live in your area so don't know where that will be.

CW is the main immigration office for Bangkok.

I suggest you read the pinned topics at the top of the forum. It gives you lots of good info and answers most questions people have about this subject.

If you are currently on an extension, and continue extending, chances are good you'll never need another visa.

Thanks

I think every question I have has been cleared up.

Now getting prepared to do it.

Hi Brian,

Pathumthani Immigration have their own website, which is very useful. Have a read through it too.

It can get packed as there are lots of factories in PT that employ migrant workers from neighboring countries. There of often lots of these people there so it can get congested. Mondays and Fridays seem busier for some reason.

The officers there are usually helpful and professional and do a very good job given the volume they move through.

• Like 1

Why ask.... What do I need to take?

TAKE EVERYTHING and with copies of all of your documents.

For visa stuff... renewal, extension, wife... just take everything you have:

-bank book with a fresh entry showing a deposit that day or day before.

-fresh letter from bank certifying your amount on deposit.

-sworn statement of monthly income from your Embassy.

-rental contract for where you live, or your condo ownership papers.

-map to show your residence location.

-passport and any previous passports that expired.

-4 passport type photos.

Added for anything to do with Thai spouse:

-photos of two together in several settings over time.

-photos of two in front of home and together inside a home.

-marriage license.

-take spouse with you with their home papers, passport, Thai I.D., drivers license.

Please add items I have forgotten.

Note....... not all offices will want all this stuff, but why not just assemble ALL once and keep in a folder with copies? I enjoy taking this bail of papers and sit quietly holding it all while my wife does the talking. I also dress nice and comb my hair.

Again I say, Why not?

• Like 1

Always take your Thai spouse with you for any official contact. It helps.

Why worry about the cost? Bring 10000THB and pay whatever; you have to do it, so relax about costs.

Hi

Add.... copy of Thai I.D. card of your rental agent or owner.

Why ask.... What do I need to take?

TAKE EVERYTHING and with copies of all of your documents.

For visa stuff... renewal, extension, wife... just take everything you have:

-bank book with a fresh entry showing a deposit that day or day before.

-fresh letter from bank certifying your amount on deposit.

-sworn statement of monthly income from your Embassy.

-rental contract for where you live, or your condo ownership papers.

-map to show your residence location.

-passport and any previous passports that expired.

-4 passport type photos.

Added for anything to do with Thai spouse:

-photos of two together in several settings over time.

-photos of two in front of home and together inside a home.

-marriage license.

-take spouse with you with their home papers, passport, Thai I.D., drivers license.

Please add items I have forgotten.

Note....... not all offices will want all this stuff, but why not just assemble ALL once and keep in a folder with copies? I enjoy taking this bail of papers and sit quietly holding it all while my wife does the talking. I also dress nice and comb my hair.

Again I say, Why not?

Hi Again

good info for early in the morning. Informative site.

I actually like the mail from CharlesHH. he has the same mindset as me .Lots of info and details. When in doubt and not all 100% correct follow his info. Good mail CharlesHH.

BaerBoxer do you have the link for the Pathumthani immigration office? Could you send it to me?Thanks

Hi Again

good info for early in the morning. Informative site.

I actually like the mail from CharlesHH. he has the same mindset as me .Lots of info and details. When in doubt and not all 100% correct follow his info. Good mail CharlesHH.

BaerBoxer do you have the link for the Pathumthani immigration office? Could you send it to me?Thanks

http://pathumthani.immigration.go.th/home/

IMO, very pleasant office. Get there early.

Hi

Even if you have a letter of income from your embassy, take your bank book anyway.

You don't need to have any minimum balance but Immigration might want a quick look just to see that you are bringing money into the country for living expenses.

Regarding the 800k baths that must be seasoned for the first extension of stay based on retirement. Do you have to show a foreign exchange letter to show funds have been recently wired from abroad?

The letter confirming the funds came from abroad is only needed if you are doing a conversation to get a non immigrant visa entry.

If you already have a non-o visa it is not required to do the first extension of stay.

I have a question.

I already possess a 'Long Stay Visa " originally issued in Los Angeles which I extended in Thailand for an extra year and expires on September 21st.

I understand that I now must apply for a new visa? Which would be easier apply for a new visa in Thailand or wait until I get back to the USA on September 14th?

If I applied in Thailand I would use retirement income from both the USA and the UK. The combined amount is over the the required monthly income. I have letters from both the USA and UK departments involved stating my income. Must I still get a letter from both Embassies showing my income?

If I did apply in Thailand it would be in Trat which is a great small immigration office.

I have a UK passport

I have a question.

I already possess a 'Long Stay Visa " originally issued in Los Angeles which I extended in Thailand for an extra year and expires on September 21st.

I understand that I now must apply for a new visa? Which would be easier apply for a new visa in Thailand or wait until I get back to the USA on September 14th?

If I applied in Thailand I would use retirement income from both the USA and the UK. The combined amount is over the the required monthly income. I have letters from both the USA and UK departments involved stating my income. Must I still get a letter from both Embassies showing my income?

If I did apply in Thailand it would be in Trat which is a great small immigration office.

I have a UK passport

I think it would be easier to do here at the immigration office in Trat since it would not require the police certificate and medical certificate.

You should contact the UK embassy to see if they will do the income letter using the income from the US.

I don't think the US will do one for you since you are not a citizen. But you should contact the embassy to confirm.