visas for Thai women

I would appreciate comments as to the accuracy of the following statement - is it correct and if not I welcome amendments.

"You should be aware that obtaining visas to any foreign country whether going for a holiday or extended period is a potentially lengthy and difficult process for Thai women. If you are a husband or boyfriend there is a serious amount of documentation to organise and the best I can say about it is that you should consult firstly at either the appropriate Embassy or with a qualified Lawyer as to exactly what will be required in your particular case. Obtaining a passport is not difficult unless she doesn’t have a valid ID card but remember that Thai passports are valid for 5 years only. It’s not a good idea to book flights until correct visas have been granted.

If you are a citizen of the European Community, the Schengen Agreement allows your passport alone to be enough to travel freely through any of its countries. If you have a Thai girl with you, she will need a separate visa for each European country she is visiting through an air or seaport."

Thank you very much

Of course it is an incorrect statement, it all depends on the country one wants to visit and for what period. You can not make a general statement like that. it will probably be true for most Western countries, bt cenrtianly not for all countries.

For example, for some countries a Thai national doesn't need a visa for a short stay. Only a ticket out within the required period and enough cash.

For a visit to several Schengen countries one would oly apply for 1 visa.

Indeed it's certainly an incorrect and alarmist statement, as a matter of interest where did you lift it from, it looks very much like the sort of thing a dodgy "agent" might say.

Going through the statement section by section, the visa application process is straightforward and whilst evidence to support applications is of course required, the process is neither difficult or lengthy and is detailed in the respective country's immigration website.

Whilst some people prefer to use an experienced agent a lawyer is most certainly not required.

You are correct in saying that Thai passports are only valid for five years, but I'm not sure of the relevance of highlighting that. Indeed most visa processing sections advise against purchasing a non refundable air ticket until the visa is issued.

As Mario2008 has already pointed out, only one visa is required for all countries within the Schengen Area, though a separate visa would be required for the UK, which in certain circumstances could allow entry into Ireland.

All in all a very strange OP, and really struggling to understand why it was posted.

I got the impression that The OP created this text for publication on a website he is running and is seeking our help in getting it correct. The best advice he can give our readers is a link to our forum.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

What an odd text... Yes, potentially all sorts of problems could arise. Just as tourist, expats etc. to Thailand or any other country in the world could face a difficult and lenghty process. Just as potetentially I could die in a freak accident within the next 24 hours or have my house burned down to the ground...) . With proper preparation though it's very much doable on your own, through a travel agency or sometimes through an agent. All depends on what you want and what your situation is. No need for an migration lawyer unless you are trying to pull of the most complicated of things (applying under special rights and exceptions).

What's so odd about a 5 year passport? It's very common... The Dutch only introduced a 10 year passport a few months ago due to it now containing biometric data on the chip. AFAIK many EU countries still have passports valid for 5 years. Not really relevant either for visa or migration, though some countries may require the passport still being valid 3-6 months upon arrival or departure of the foreign country.

As far as Europe goes, Schengen area says it all doesn't it? No need for separate visa. Now if you were to travel to non-Schengen EU countries, then indeed you would.

In all, dodgy or at best very ill informed text that the OP posted. Check official sourced first (embassy website, EU website, ...) , contact them with any questions and then check a forum such as this for those who still need help or assistance. Or go to a visa agent or book a tour via a travel agency..

Yes, Thai passports are valid for 5 years; as are those of many other countries.

So you got one thing right!

It is not advisable to pay for flights etc. until you have the visa, but some countries, e.g. the Schengen ones, do want to see bookings.

So I'll give you a half for that.

2.5 out of 10; must try harder.

But as I said in your other topic, I find the whole concept behind your 'work' to be racial stereotyping and offensive.