My tot fiber2u is down

crabdog

Title says it all really.it was working earlier but I did have several disconnects and now it's just gone.can't open any websites at all.zero zip nothing. Anyone else having problems?

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You might want to take a look at the router status while it's up so you know what it's supposed to look like.

Then if you get a cable break, or a node loss you'll know that the status looks different.

A couple days ago I had terrible throughput issues. Ran a DNS check and discovered one of the DNS servers was offline so manually switched in another.

You might want to take a look at the router status while it's up so you know what it's supposed to look like.

Then if you get a cable break, or a node loss you'll know that the status looks different.

A couple days ago I had terrible throughput issues. Ran a DNS check and discovered one of the DNS servers was offline so manually switched in another.

Hi Rich Heres a handy little app that has a list of over 30 different DNS already

included,so very easy to switch the DNS, to the best,or most reliable or stable

one,also lets you check to see which one is the fastest.

Its called DNS jumper v1, found it on Snapfiles, its clean and free.

regards Worgeordie

Hi Rich Heres a handy little app that has a list of over 30 different DNS already

included,so very easy to switch the DNS, to the best,or most reliable or stable

one,also lets you check to see which one is the fastest.

Its called DNS jumper v1, found it on Snapfiles, its clean and free.

regards Worgeordie

Thanks for the suggestion, Wor. Useful for quick at machine-level update.

I actually need to set DNS at the network server so all the connected clients get the update through DHCP. Many of the local kids like to sit on a nearby bridge to use our WiFi connection.

When we have network quirks I usually run DSNBench to analyze throughput to over 200 local servers. It also gives me an good indication of ISP peer-rooting issues. I use the results to select the most quickest and most reliable DNS servers and plug those into the FTTx router.

While google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are almost always reliable, they are almost always 2-10 times slower that TOT's dns2.totbb.net or 3BB's apple.beenets.com DNS servers so I end up plugging those two into the router's interface. I just wish the software had a configured button to push the selection to the router for me. Luckily I don't need to change them too often.