All new nissan navara june 11

Would love to know if the fuel consumption is any better on the new NP300 Navara ?

the outgoing Navara fuel consumption was the worst in class, 2 different friends had them with the ECO-PWR, 1x the 5 speed Auto the other a 6 speed manual, both sold early as to expensive to run [now have Mazda Pro 50 Auto the other a D-Max] + was reports on here about bad/heavy fuel consumption a year or 2 ago

My dc 4x4 at gets about 16 to 18 highway and 9 to 11 in bkk traffic depending how hard I hit it.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to know if the fuel consumption is any better on the new NP300 Navara ?

the outgoing Navara fuel consumption was the worst in class, 2 different friends had them with the ECO-PWR, 1x the 5 speed Auto the other a 6 speed manual, both sold early as to expensive to run [now have Mazda Pro 50 Auto the other a D-Max] + was reports on here about bad/heavy fuel consumption a year or 2 ago

My dc 4x4 at gets about 16 to 18 highway and 9 to 11 in bkk traffic depending how hard I hit it.

Thanks

Lots better than the old one then.. will look when it comes to change again. will hit the 400,000 KM about March/April so will be time to change.

Thanks

Lots better than the old one then.. will look when it comes to change again. will hit the 400,000 KM about March/April so will be time to change.

Mine is late 2011 model with 70k

Thanks

Mine is late 2011 model with 70k

Odd that is the old one then... both my Thai friends had 2011 models...... the Calibre 4 door Auto he rarely got 8 KM per lt, in town less, and doing around 100,000 KM per year was just to expensive to own, with his Mazda BT 50 Pro also top model 4 door Auto he gets a little over 11 KM per lt.

The guy with the 6 speed manual got average a little over 10 KM per lt, again around 100,000 KM per year, his new D-Max manual appears to be better than my Mazda BT 50, which is just over 14 KM per lt in mixed condition [also 2011 but over 300,000 KM now on the clock + a not a single problem]..

I thought you had the new model, and 16 - 18 KM per lt sounded very good.... now not sure how you work it out or if your using KM to lt ?

Anyone got the new 2014 model ?

when working out the fuel consumption, i'd look at the KW/HP of the vehicle. Nissan calibre had, I believe less power than the models before which were around 174 HP.

i use a computer to record my fuel consumption over the year and get a good idea of variations.

Many "poor" figures can be result of driving style.....

i will say however that any of the larger HP 4WDs if driven hard will start to suck up through.

My friend has an old Vigo 4dr 2wd with turbo intercooler and a 2.5 (?) diesel (not 3 ltr) which seems to run-on fresh air, even when drive hard.

when working out the fuel consumption, i'd look at the KW/HP of the vehicle. Nissan calibre had, I believe less power than the models before which were around 174 HP.

i use a computer to record my fuel consumption over the year and get a good idea of variations.

i will say however that any of the larger HP 4WDs if driven hard will start to suck up through.

My friend has an old Vigo 4dr 2wd with turbo intercooler and a 2.5 (?) diesel (not 3 ltr) which seems to run-on fresh air, even when drive hard.

As we change our Pickups at 400,000 Km or 4 years, the difference between 10 Km per lt and 14 Km per lt adds up to a lot in extra fuel over those KM's...

Make little difference if only doing 70,000 KM in 3 years, or as in my car no more than 6,000 KM per year

As we change our Pickups at 400,000 Km or 4 years, the difference between 10 Km per lt and 14 Km per lt adds up to a lot in extra fuel over those KM's...

Make little difference if only doing 70,000 KM in 3 years, or as in my car no more than 6,000 KM per year

I also found on mine that the dramatic change in fuel consumption was at over 100 kmph

• 4 weeks later...

I saw 6-7 of them in the convoy today....man,this 'baby shit' color looks bad... tongue.pnglaugh.png

Saw one today on a transporter heading south from Chiang Mai (nobody wanted it?). That colour is awful. Nothing like the publicity shots ( same with Ford's Chilli orange). Hideous is an understatement xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png

all the orange colours suck except in a setting sun, expecially the XV - flat orange, looks great in black though.

hard to go wrong with white or black

All-New-Nissan-Navara-2014-GrandOpenning

The new twilight grey looks nice a bit like the vigo grey but lighter

Those "chrome" add ons around the door handles always look SO cheap & nasty. Why do people do it?

Friend of mine picked up his PJS from the dealer, & they were already added. He complained, & the dealer said "they're free" laugh.png

I would've walked away & found another dealer....

Why do people do it?

Yes why ? guess they think it looks nice bah.gif

attachicon.gif243567.jpg

Asked the GF and she said most Thais put these chrome door and fuel cap handles to prevent the nails scratching the paint.. sounds plausible but imo still fugly..

Ace, so the snails only like to climb up doors and near the fuel tank? Lol

Why do people do it?

attachicon.gif243567.jpg

Asked the GF and she said most Thais put these chrome door and fuel cap handles to prevent the nails scratching the paint.. sounds plausible but imo still fugly..

He said nails, not snails - as in "finger nails - LOL :)

Why do people do it?

attachicon.gif243567.jpg

He said nails, not snails - as in "finger nails - LOL smile.png

sorry ace, i take it back. but in my defense when I wrote that I was sitting on the shitter and only had half a coffee in me at the time.

by the way, I have it on good authority that the guy in the pick below is in fact, ACE Venturer,

My only question, why spend 990,000 Baht on a new truck, throw on the faux plastic roll bar thingy whatever you call it and not get yourself a bed liner?

post-22903-0-25974800-1417221127_thumb.j

by the way, I have it on good authority that the guy in the pick below is in fact, ACE Venturer,

My only question, why spend 990,000 Baht on a new truck, throw on the faux plastic roll bar thingy whatever you call it and not get yourself a bed liner?

Maybe has no idea how to haggle ?

my last 3 trucks a bedliner is just one item you got as a freebie... So far not had a Nissan so no idea if haggling would get any freebies ?

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived