All new nissan navara june 11

So what's the headlight mag's article saying about the Navara? Google translate as usual is useless.

Ok the wifey read a few of the reviews in Thai - not unexpectedly - just general good things to say - more luxurious , more advanced blah blah blah.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first impression in headlightmag seems to suggest that all those ponies and torque do not really translate into the performance numbers that I was expecting. 0-100 11.62 sec. 80-120 : 7.88 sec (Hilux 2.5 VN does this in 8.10 sec.)

Edited by sjonburi

The first impression in headlightmag seems to suggest that all those ponies and torque do not really translate into the performance numbers that I was expecting. 0-100 11.62 sec. 80-120 : 7.88 sec (Hilux 2.5 VN does this in 8.10 sec.)

yes , a bit of a disappointment it does not at least match the BT50 and Ranger. Apparently they have improved the vn turbo. Will just have to wait for a performance road test.

The motoring journo in the BK English lingo paper has a good sentence in all his reports. "Buy or Bye" Could be a bye, try harder Nissan.

yes , a bit of a disappointment it does not at least match the BT50 and Ranger. Apparently they have improved the vn turbo. Will just have to wait for a performance road test.

The motoring journo in the BK English lingo paper has a good sentence in all his reports. "Buy or Bye" Could be a bye, try harder Nissan.

Wait and see. a self eating 3.2 5cyl 200hp or a 2.5 190hp that doesn't lol

My 174 HP can do those 80 to 120 times without breaking a sweat with my hurricane air filter and shell vpower

Maybe the journo was asked to baby the engine and new tranny

Wish Nissan would let me take it out for a couple days

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

NO. The Gold one looks like a Pimps Ride.The Gray one is quite tasteful.

Again Wrong : this is getting repetitive lol

It's not Gold : It's Savannah Orange wink.png

I saw today that both Isuzu & Chevrolet have trucks in orange.

Is orange the new black white? Toyota & Mitsu to follow?

Should be good to hide the red clay we get on the roads everywhere with all the dump trucks moving the earth around......

Looks 'orrible IMHO

Just doing the usual and following Ford as they do in most things.

Got my mrs to read that review http://www.headlightmag.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7901:Exclusive-First-Impression-%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A-Nissan-NP300-Navara-%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B8%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B6%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%99&catid=78:pickup-truck&Itemid=97

The author states that he didn't go above 2,000 rpm on purpose in any gear to achieve those times because it's brand new...

Edited by bkkjames

When they increase engine power on a Truck its for Hauling tons of extra Mangoes up a Hill with greater ease, or towing a heavy trailer.If its performance you want buy a Suzuki Swift.

If it was for hauling mangoes or towing a heavy trailer they would be chasing torque not horsepower.

A Tug Boat has great H.P. and Tourqe but low speed.When i buy, or use a truck its for Haulin, not Poncin..Dodge Ram ,Cummings Lump is a Real Truck.I dislike folk comparing a Truck with a Car, nothing more...Our Tblazer is a Truck compared to the Accord and Civic,they are for Hi Way, the Chevy is for ......,well im not sure realy. A Posh Truck perhaps.?.biggrin.png

A Tug Boat has great H.P. and Tourqe but low speed.When i buy, or use a truck its for Haulin, not Poncin..Dodge Ram ,Cummings Lump is a Real Truck.I dislike folk comparing a Truck with a Car, nothing more...Our Tblazer is a Truck compared to the Accord and Civic,they are for Hi Way, the Chevy is for ......,well im not sure realy. A Posh Truck perhaps.?.biggrin.png

You use a Dodge Ram often ?

You use a Dodge Ram often ?

I use a Mack - switched later to Peterbilt, then Kenworth. then Freightliner - then a black transam.

Spooney thinks everyone hasn't lived.I paid to have Cosworth R.S. Badges taken of my Sierra years ago,used a Dodge Ram for Haulin Cigarette Boats round USA. At his age i might have been as dim,and full of myself, in fact I was...cheesy.gif

Spooney thinks everyone hasn't lived.I paid to have Cosworth R.S. Badges taken of my Sierra years ago,used a Dodge Ram for Haulin Cigarette Boats round USA. At his age i might have been as dim,and full of myself, in fact I was...cheesy.gif

You senile old git. the post and question by the OP was purely related to Thailand. not what you did in your youth 137 years ago.

80-120 km/h in 4th gear and they didn't exceed 2000 RPM??

No disrespect to the Mrs but wh

ere's IMHO when you need him ;-)

Got my mrs to read that review http://www.headlightmag.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7901:Exclusive-First-Impression-%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A-Nissan-NP300-Navara-%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B8%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B6%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%99&catid=78:pickup-truck&Itemid=97

The author states that he didn't go above 2,000 rpm on purpose in any gear to achieve those times because it's brand new...

Edited by sjonburi

80-120 km/h in 4th gear and they didn't exceed 2000 RPM??

No disrespect to the Mrs but wh

ere's IMHO when you need him ;-)

yea, we miss his insight - or translation skills - whichever are better...

The old version comes in at 11.3 from 0-100 so I doubt that the newer more powerful version would be slower???

http://www.autofiles.org/nissan/nissan-navara-2-5-dci-automatic_97572.html

Yeah, but that's an automatic though which tend to have a slight advantage on the 0-100 run..

Actually when comparing with the 200hp Colorado the performance is actually not that bad.

2014_03_17_Chevrolet_Colorado_21_Engine_

The old version comes in at 11.3 from 0-100 so I doubt that the newer more powerful version would be slower???

Edited by sjonburi

Yeah, but that's an automatic though which tend to have a slight advantage on the 0-100 run..

Actually when comparing with the 200hp Colorado the performance is actually not that bad.

2014_03_17_Chevrolet_Colorado_21_Engine_

yea - that test we are referring to is with the 6 speed manual - still not clear at all on the 2000 rpm reference he made.in his review.

Funny guy. I've never met a motoring journo that has any mechanical sympathy on a test drive - how else do you find a cars weak spots?

Funny guy. I've never met a motoring journo that has any mechanical sympathy on a test drive - how else do you find a cars weak spots?

Go ahead then and find a proper translation if you can - we would like to know.

Btw, with all your experience in dealing with motoring media here in Thailand - besides the two english papers, how many have written horrible reviews of cars tested here? Kinda like restaurant reviews here..They don't bite the hands that feed them to harshly.

They tested the top speed in the first 3 gears so they definitely didn't spare the engine...

ความเร็วสูงสุด ในแต่ละเกียร์ บนมาตรวัด
เกียร์ 1 40 ที่ 4,900 รอบ/นาที
เกียร์ 2 75 ที่ 4,900 รอบ/นาที
เกียร์ 3 113 ที่ 4,900 รอบ/นาที

Btw, with all your experience in dealing with motoring media here in Thailand - besides the two english papers, how many have written horrible reviews of cars tested here? Kinda like restaurant reviews here..They don't bite the hands that feed them to harshly.

They tested the top speed in the first 3 gears so they definitely didn't spare the engine...

ความเร็วสูงสุด ในแต่ละเกียร์ บนมาตรวัด
เกียร์ 1 40 ที่ 4,900 รอบ/นาที
เกียร์ 2 75 ที่ 4,900 รอบ/นาที
เกียร์ 3 113 ที่ 4,900 รอบ/นาที

well we're getting closer to answers... :)

was just reading on an Aussie Motoring Website - guy was moaning about getting a more underpowered Navara compared to their old V6 with 550 touque and how aussies needed powerful trucks.

however, he also mentioned (not the first time I heard this) a newer high out 2.3 may be in the pipeline. I think he is confusing the current 2.5 and not making reference to the 2.3 Twin Turbo from Renault however.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/new-nissan-navara-less-powerful-20140728-zxkhk.html