All new nissan navara june 11

The All-New Nissan NP300 Navara

Nissan%20NP300%20Navara2.JPG

Bangkok, June 11 2014, Nissan gave a glimpse of its new generation of pickup, the Nissan Navara NP300 which is the 12th generation of hard-working pickup; and said to offer new heights in comfort, convenience and advanced technologies to meet the demands of individuals and business owners alike. Mr. Andy Palmer, Chief Planning Officer of Nissan provided a presentation on what to expect from the New Nissan Navara NP300.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/component/content/article/14-sample-data-articles/137-the-all-new-nissan-np300-navara-global-launch

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a nice truck. Sort of has an Isuzu front end now.

My first thought was "the Isuzu nose job"...but the rest looks Navara "square"....probably the best of it will be the new engine,will have to wait for reviews.. ;)

Between the instrument dials sits a 3D colour TFT screen that displays turn-by-turn navigation instructions, compass, fuel economy indicator and audio information. The customisable display also provides alerts, service reminders and more, in a variety of languages.

Under the bonnet resides either a 2.5 litre DOHC four-cylinder petrol or a 2.5 litre DOHC four-cylinder turbodiesel. The diesel engines turbocharger is electrically actuated, and there are two states of tune: 161 hp at 3,600 rpm and 403 Nm of twist at 2,000 rpm, and 188 hp and 450 Nm at the same revs. The engines are connected to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed auto (!) with manual override.

Both engines are Euro 5 compliant, and Nissan says fuel economy has been improved by as much as 11% over the outgoing model. Underpinning the Nissan NP300 Navara is a high-strength chassis and leaf suspension. Smaller turning circle, too.

Shift-on-the-fly 4×4 driving can be engaged while the vehicle is in motion. The security guards comprise Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS), Hill Start Assist (HSA) and Hill Descent Control (HDC).

The Nissan NP300 Navara will be the first vehicle built at the companys new US$358 million plant in Samut Prakan near the capital, at a rate of about 75,000 units a year. This marks the end of Nissans joint venture with Mitsubishi Motors to produce pickup trucks at the latters plant at the Laem Chabang Industrial Estate in Chonburi, which will continue to build the outgoing Navara until export sales end.

Here's a interesting bunch of photos including many of the chassis and other close up details that haven't been seen.

these are from the press conference yesterdy apparently

http://www.motortrivia.com/2014/grand-opening-01/151-nissan-navara-2015-ENG.html

Yeah, the metallic red chassis with all the chrome work looks awesome.. if only it was a cost option ;)

Why the heck do the car manufacturers insist on confusing the customers by revamping the old names?

The 1999 model of the Nissan pick up was called Navara in some markets (usually South American markets) and the Frontier in the other markets.

The designation was D21, D22 or D23, which was dependent on which country you bought the vehicle in or which facelift version it was.

Nissan then launched the D40 in Europe in 2005 and named it the Nissan Navara D40 but in the countries where the older Nissan was already called the Navara, the new version was called the Nissan Frontier D40.

Just so it would not be outdone, Nissan Thailand called this version the Nissan Navara Frontier.

In (or around) 2007 Nissan launched a long bed version of the D22 and called this the Nissan NP300.

The bed of the Nissan NP300 was 10cm longer than the bed of the European Nissan D22 but the same length as the bed of the Thai version Nissan D21 (which was also sold into some other local South East Asian markets).

So that the 2007 NP300 could be sold into Europe, Nissan dumped their remaining European D22s onto the Russian market but first they re-badged them as the NP300, to muster interest in this stock.

Later Nissan launched the European NP300 into the Russian market.

This means that Russia will now have three vehicles that are name NP300 and the only thing that they have in common is that they are all pick-ups and all are manufactured by Nissan, with both of these points causing more confusion.

On top of this, some websites are indicating that the new Nissan will be called the D23 in some markets.

As I have indicated in earlier posts, I work in the auto accessories trade from Thailand and I export my company’s product worldwide, so getting an e-mail from my Russian dealer who can hardly speak a word of English asking for a part to fit the Nissan NP300 is going to cause headaches.

This problem is not confined to Nissan.

The 1999 Mitsubishi pick up was called the L200 but in Australia and New Zealand it was known as the Triton, which is what the 2005 (short bed) and 2007 (long bed) were called in the rest of the world.

The last 3 launches of the Ford pick up (1999 model, 2005 model & 2012 model) were all called the Ford Ranger.

The list does go on but I believe that the point is made.

Why the heck do the car manufacturers insist on confusing the customers by revamping the old names?

The 1999 model of the Nissan pick up was called Navara in some markets (usually South American markets) and the Frontier in the other markets.

The designation was D21, D22 or D23, which was dependent on which country you bought the vehicle in or which facelift version it was.

Nissan then launched the D40 in Europe in 2005 and named it the Nissan Navara D40 but in the countries where the older Nissan was already called the Navara, the new version was called the Nissan Frontier D40.

Just so it would not be outdone, Nissan Thailand called this version the Nissan Navara Frontier.

In (or around) 2007 Nissan launched a long bed version of the D22 and called this the Nissan NP300.

The bed of the Nissan NP300 was 10cm longer than the bed of the European Nissan D22 but the same length as the bed of the Thai version Nissan D21 (which was also sold into some other local South East Asian markets).

So that the 2007 NP300 could be sold into Europe, Nissan dumped their remaining European D22s onto the Russian market but first they re-badged them as the NP300, to muster interest in this stock.

This means that Russia will now have three vehicles that are name NP300 and the only thing that they have in common is that they are all pick-ups and all are manufactured by Nissan, with both of these points causing more confusion.

On top of this, some websites are indicating that the new Nissan will be called the D23 in some markets.

As I have indicated in earlier posts, I work in the auto accessories trade from Thailand and I export my company’s product worldwide, so getting an e-mail from my Russian dealer who can hardly speak a word of English asking for a part to fit the Nissan NP300 is going to cause headaches.

The 1999 Mitsubishi pick up was called the L200 but in Australia and New Zealand it was known as the Triton, which is what the 2005 (short bed) and 2007 (long bed) were called in the rest of the world.

The last 3 launches of the Ford pick up (1999 model, 2005 model & 2012 model) were all called the Ford Ranger.

I think it is an asian thing, the more badges the better. Some older isuzus had more badges than hp.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think it is an asian thing, the more badges the better. Some older isuzus had more badges than hp.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry James but how can this be an Asian thing when we are talking of worldwide markets?

Most people only ever buy a car in one country.....expats in particular become aware of the variations from one market to another.

Japan was the first country to spend vast sums on market research....now it is the norm for most manufacturers and the naming of vehicles to suit the market is just one example of this.

apart from straight sales appeal there may well be curlural and legal reasons for badging a car...GM uses the name Vauxhall in UK (attempts to use Chevrolet have been abandoned) Opel in Europe and Holden in Australia.

The name "Nova" can'r be used in Spain because unlike most cultures where it means new, in Spanish it means "No Go".

Companies also do deals with each other to produce vehicles that fill a gap in their range -

in short there is a lot of logic and good reasoning behind it if you think about it for while.

Pity about the BHP I thought they would have tried to match Ford and Mazda with the new benchmark of 200BHP.

why? I am more interested in torque and fuel efficiency than 10 more bhp. Anyway, we'll have to wait to see what it goes like. 2.5 4cyl vs 3.2 5cyl

Not sure when we'll the first ones but I suspect by end of the year when their new plant is fully operational.

Pity about the BHP I thought they would have tried to match Ford and Mazda with the new benchmark of 200BHP.

Wait for the next minor change (after Mitsu and Toyota launch)...

the 7 speed AT may make things interesting

Wait for the next minor change (after Mitsu and Toyota launch)...

I'm waiting...

....and waiting... tongue.pnglaugh.png

Just got an email from Nissan (In thai) saying that it will be available to view and on sale at starting July 3 at Bitec.

http://www.bangkokeventscalendar.com/en-gb/events/detail/177851/fast-auto-show-thailand

You'd better get over there then. Unless you've already ordered yours....

I don't think you need to queue overnight for this one, it's not the new iPhone or even the new Toyota ;)

The market is down, and Thai's have historically had a "wait and see" attitude with lower tier brands.

Just got an email from Nissan (In thai) saying that it will be available to view and on sale at starting July 3 at Bitec.

http://www.bangkokeventscalendar.com/en-gb/events/detail/177851/fast-auto-show-thailand

You'd better get over there then. Unless you've already ordered yours....

I don't think you need to queue overnight for this one, it's not the new iPhone or even the new Toyota wink.png

The market is down, and Thai's have historically had a "wait and see" attitude with lower tier brands.

lol new toyota what? Vios, Camry, Fortuner, Vigo, Yaris any more body cladding and they'll rename a few these post-it.

lower tier brand? I seem to recall the old Navara being the top selling truck in Europe / Australia for many years before the new generations Ford / Mazda etc were launched.

Archived