[Video] Thailand Coup 2014 - Message to John Kerry and the World

george

What I find strange is most of the TV members claim that the majority of the Thai's are in favor of the coup. From my conversations with thai's since it happened I can't find more than about 20% who support it. This is not a scientific poll just a cross section of about 30 or so thai's composed of my staff, business associates and friends. The majority did not think the violence was to a point that warranted a coup. About 70% didn't seem to favor either political party or were willing to admit who they liked or preferred to govern. As what might be expected the coup here has been the main topic of conversation with most people.

That's what you get for discussing it with baan naawk's.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real reason for international alarm, be afraid Thailand, be very afraid.

Umberto Calvini: [in explaining the "true" nature of banking in the world] "The IBBC is a bank. Their objective isn't to control the conflict, it's to control the debt that the conflict produces. You see, the real value of a conflict, the true value, is in the debt that it creates. You control the debt, you control everything. You find this upsetting, yes? But this is the very essence of the banking industry, to make us all, whether we be nations or individuals, slaves to debt."
'The International' (2009) - IMDb

• Like 1

"No election without reforms", I totally agree that such reforms are critical to the ability of this country to move forward both internally and within the global community, however, Thailand fails to take lessons from it's own history owing to it's insular and isolated attitude to government. This is also another critical area where drastic reform is needed as Thailand does not possess the ability to fix this internally without being more open and transparent to the vast amount of knowledge amassed throughout the world.

Doing this the Thai way is not the answer as this has been the mantra for the past 80 years with little or no effect. Two salient points come to mind.

Plagiarism is the most sincere form of flattery, and doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the true form of insanity.

The Thai way or the highway is not the answer.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The real reason for international alarm, be afraid Thailand, be very afraid.

Umberto Calvini: [in explaining the "true" nature of banking in the world] "The IBBC is a bank. Their objective isn't to control the conflict, it's to control the debt that the conflict produces. You see, the real value of a conflict, the true value, is in the debt that it creates. You control the debt, you control everything. You find this upsetting, yes? But this is the very essence of the banking industry, to make us all, whether we be nations or individuals, slaves to debt."
'The International' (2009) - IMDb

It was a great line and movie moment.

I presume the video was a school project. A big well done to all those involved. Ok, the message may be a little condescending and naive, but over all it's not such a bad effort for a bunch of teenagers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The vast majority of Americans however will either dismiss it or outright reject it.

the vast majority of americans wouldn't know where thailand was,also they don't bother to vote for their own government.

Yes, the people are always too ignorant to decide their own destiny. They are also incapable of learning from their mistakes as those in the West have done, often born of blood.

Peace and prosperity under a fascist dictator is always the answer for all of the stupid peasants. Just as that guy - what was his name? - in Germany in the 1930's. He had all of the answers for the lemmings.

The final answer for him from the ignorant masses was that 60 million people died in Europe which was 2.5% of the world's population. LINK

Was the shedding of blood worth it? I say yes.

"Freedom isn't free." - Colonel, Walter Hitchcock (And used commonly in the United States to express gratitude to the military.)

For those justifying and cheering on violence and civil war because 'freedom isn't free' and blood must be shed, I offer you this:

“Violence,” came the retort, “is the last refuge of the incompetent.” - Isaac Asimov

Thailand has it's own way of resolving their problems and they will do so regardless of your opinions.

Elections Do Not Make a Democracy

http://www.ifes.org/Content/Videos/2011/Elections-Do-Not-Make-a-Democracy.aspx

Egypt: Elections do not make a democracy

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2013/07/07/egypt-elections-do-not-make-a-democracy/

Egypt: Elections do not make a democracy

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/column-egypt-elections-do-not-make-a-democracy-1858777

Should the U.S. continue to support autocratic regimes, wherever they provide for a stable geopolitical situation?

http://www.theglobalist.com/elections-do-not-make-democracy/

Who on earth made that drivel?

The people that suffered for the past six months, because of the political situation in Thailand.

The people that dislike John Kerry's intervention and comments on Thailand politics.

The people that are happy and welcome the army, that already brought calm and justice to Thailand.

The people that are proud for themselves and disapprove foreign intervention.

The people that live in this country and love their country.........THE THAIS.

Funny you should say that, as I do know a few Thais, that just as the producers of this video, live overseas. They nevertheless have a completely different opinion. I guess some Thais are more Thai then others right ?

Of course they have a different opinion. They don't live here anymore if they're living overseas, and overseas news is vetted and as much propaganda as any news anywhere, thus what they see is half-baked truth from the OTHER side.

At least the video does contain 1 very clear truth: Kerry doesn't know his arse from his elbow, and should clearly BUTT OUT.

It's not a case of being Thai or more Thai. It is a case of being exposed to the real truth of events, and people living here quite clearly are, and those not living here clearly are not! What's your opinion of what's going on in Mongolia, by the way?

• Like 1

Didn't work on the Australian Government or it has done is get the coup leaders banned from entering Australia, blacklisted. Drove the wedge deeper.

Aussies always remain in the middle, looking good to both sides - or trying to. Never the balls to disagree with the US. Methinks Thailand doesn't give too much of a stuff about Aussie opinion over this one right now.

George, I know I am not allowed to criticize the moderators, but as the puu yai baan (headman) of ThaiVisa, actually more akin to the phuu wa ratchakaan (governor) now that your website has grown from the early days, posting that particular political propaganda piece under the news section was, in the politest term I can come up with without being banned for life, terribly unbecoming.

Johpa, we are publishing opinion pieces from time to time. This video came in our news feed from an overseas expat community. We try to give airtime to all sides, why should we not?

If you have other (opposite side) video content to balance it out, feel free to PM me the YouTube links and we will probably publish.

Cheers

Good on you George, and rather astute if I may say.

This proselytizing video also self-exposes its Thai-evangelical makers by showing how, at the present stage of their continuing agitprop, they plan to secure fascism in Thailand.

A good number here at TVF already well know their barefaced lines of right wing doctrine and propaganda, the methods and means that have been exploited throughout 2014 to establish the present reality in the former LOS. So now their lines, methods, means are presented globally in a fairly smart newspeak video production.

I like the video's focus on the United States because it both challenges its makers to engage the American people and it challenges the American people to find out what's happening in Thailand, which is one of their formal security treaty allies in this region. Anyone who thinks or believes the American people, if engaged on present Thai issues, would support a militarist and fascist takeover here is out of his tree.

By globalizing their feudal causes, Thais here and abroad are now getting into it over their heads.

The more the self-absorbed Thai ethnocentrist evangelicals can call global attention to their coup centered feudalism inside Thailand, the more they undermine their own little narrow minded and closed world of suppression and repression.

Hair of the dog and you'll feel a lot better. ;)

George, I know I am not allowed to criticize the moderators, but as the puu yai baan (headman) of ThaiVisa, actually more akin to the phuu wa ratchakaan (governor) now that your website has grown from the early days, posting that particular political propaganda piece under the news section was, in the politest term I can come up with without being banned for life, terribly unbecoming.

Johpa, we are publishing opinion pieces from time to time. This video came in our news feed from an overseas expat community. We try to give airtime to all sides, why should we not?

If you have other (opposite side) video content to balance it out, feel free to PM me the YouTube links and we will probably publish.

Cheers

Good on you George, and rather astute if I may say.

This proselytizing video also self-exposes its Thai-evangelical makers by showing how, at the present stage of their continuing agitprop, they plan to secure fascism in Thailand.

A good number here at TVF already well know their barefaced lines of right wing doctrine and propaganda, the methods and means that have been exploited throughout 2014 to establish the present reality in the former LOS. So now their lines, methods, means are presented globally in a fairly smart newspeak video production.

I like the video's focus on the United States because it both challenges its makers to engage the American people and it challenges the American people to find out what's happening in Thailand, which is one of their formal security treaty allies in this region. Anyone who thinks or believes the American people, if engaged on present Thai issues, would support a militarist and fascist takeover here is out of his tree.

By globalizing their feudal causes, Thais here and abroad are now getting into it over their heads.

The more the self-absorbed Thai ethnocentrist evangelicals can call global attention to their coup centered feudalism inside Thailand, the more they undermine their own little narrow minded and closed world of suppression and repression.

Spare us your "pretentious and boring lectures".commie lover.

• Like 1

Who on earth made that drivel?

The people that suffered for the past six months, because of the political situation in Thailand.

The people that dislike John Kerry's intervention and comments on Thailand politics.

The people that are happy and welcome the army, that already brought calm and justice to Thailand.

The people that are proud of themselves and disapprove foreign intervention.

The people that live in this country and love their country.........THE THAIS.

Some Thais....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes, the people are always too ignorant to decide their own destiny. They are also incapable of learning from their mistakes as those in the West have done, often born of blood.

Peace and prosperity under a fascist dictator is always the answer for all of the stupid peasants. Just as that guy - what was his name? - in Germany in the 1930's. He had all of the answers for the lemmings.

The final answer for him from the ignorant masses was that 60 million people died in Europe which was 2.5% of the world's population. LINK

Was the shedding of blood worth it? I say yes.

"Freedom isn't free." - Colonel, Walter Hitchcock (And used commonly in the United States to express gratitude to the military.)

For those justifying and cheering on violence and civil war because 'freedom isn't free' and blood must be shed, I offer you this:

“Violence,” came the retort, “is the last refuge of the incompetent.” - Isaac Asimov

Thailand has it's own way of resolving their problems and they will do so regardless of your opinions.

Is that what Churchill was saying when he repeatedly begged the reluctant Americans to get involved in Europe in WWII?

The guy you quoted didn't plan for all contingencies, and as they say, "failure to plan is planning to fail."

You could start a campaign in your home country to stamp out all military and police so you wouldn't ever be "incompetent."

Didn't work on the Australian Government or it has done is get the coup leaders banned from entering Australia, blacklisted. Drove the wedge deeper.

Aussies always remain in the middle, looking good to both sides - or trying to. Never the balls to disagree with the US. Methinks Thailand doesn't give too much of a stuff about Aussie opinion over this one right now.

No your final sentence is quite incorrect.There is deep anger and surprise at the top at the Australian position not least because a milder reaction was expected.Despite annoyance with the US it was known that there was an inevitable negative response because of internal requirements.The strong Japanese reaction has also resulted in displeasure.It's a storm in a teacup really as these initial positions are soon forgotten, and all sides have to deal with each other.

At least the video does contain 1 very clear truth: Kerry doesn't know his arse from his elbow, and should clearly BUTT OUT.

At the very least Kerry gave us the new verb in English "to swiftboat". "The term swiftboating (also spelled swift-boating or swift boating) is an American neologism used pejoratively to describe an unfair or untrue political attack."

• Like 1