Trust me on this one forum please :-)

N47HAN

Posted on the 2nd of June.

"After a four-hour meeting with high-ranking state officials, Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong, the junta's economic chief, revealed that the NCPO chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha wanted to maintain the price of diesel for 30 days and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) at Saturday's price of Bt22.60 per kilogram until there were further discussions on the reform of the oil and gas price structure."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/730954-ncpo-caps-diesel-lpg-price-as-part-of-30-urgent-economic-plans/

Edited by sandyf

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife told me about this about three days ago, most Thai's seem to be expecting it as far as I can tell.

Looks as though, "The Wives Have It."

My wife is saying something similar, although perhaps not quite as much but any decrease will be welcome.

Fingers crossed!!!

Edited by Torrens54

Just the price of the crude oil in a liter of gasoline costs 20 baht/liter wholesale.

The countries that sell really cheap gasoline to their population are big oil exporters (Saudi etc), while Thailand is a net importer of oil.

Diesel is subsidized, I believe the theory is that it may be subsidized even further.

I thought the low price of diesel was a result of it not being taxed - as is gasoline. Not a subsidy per se, although obviously has the same effect.

It is both actually. Non/low tax plus a subsidy. The short version is, those with a gasoline car pay for those with a diesel car.

Edited by monkeycountry

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My wife told me about this about three days ago, most Thai's seem to be expecting it as far as I can tell.

Why the price drop? Is there an economic reason for the drop, ie., oversupply or rebate of excessive pricing, or is the reason a political decision to place price controls on diesel and gasoline?

Nope no divorce, I actually love her, we've been together since '06, had 6th wedding, legal/paper-no Buddha, anniversary this year and she is a good wife and mother. Yep the house is in her name, no I didn't use life savings, actually have a pretty decent retirement income and a usafruct will be signed, sealed and delivered the day the house is paid off. Like all women, on some subjects she can really piss me off and having had several 'hot rod' type vehicles (last an '02 Camaro SS, 12.68 in 1/4 mile) I am really picky when it comes to my vehicle, even if only a Chevy Z71. Still wish the price of fuel would drop, I grew up on cheap fuel in the states. Remember the days when 5 bucks would give us super high octane to cruise all night even in my '63 SS 409. Some people can't recognize a little humor.

Nope no divorce, I actually love her, we've been together since '06, had 6th wedding, legal/paper-no Buddha, anniversary this year and she is a good wife and mother. Yep the house is in her name, no I didn't use life savings, actually have a pretty decent retirement income and a usafruct will be signed, sealed and delivered the day the house is paid off. Like all women, on some subjects she can really piss me off and having had several 'hot rod' type vehicles (last an '02 Camaro SS, 12.68 in 1/4 mile) I am really picky when it comes to my vehicle, even if only a Chevy Z71. Still wish the price of fuel would drop, I grew up on cheap fuel in the states. Remember the days when 5 bucks would give us super high octane to cruise all night even in my '63 SS 409. Some people can't recognize a little humor.

Yes, I hear the land offices are signing off usufructs left and right all over Thailand biggrin.png

Yes, I hear the land offices are signing off usufructs left and right all over Thailand biggrin.png

Which is it ? Left, right or all over !!!

Dam the Ptt board ,

The reduction is the grand sum of 40 stang !

Lol , sry guys .

Guess you can fill up today

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Where can I get that 40 Satang discount on the diesel, because here the price hasn't moved a single Satang.

Lets see , im gonna look a bit of a dooze if its wrong.

But .....

Guess ill have to live it if I am

Oh well

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile aI

Hey if your wrong, don't worry. Always good to have a dip - keeps things interesting.

Some of our fellow members have long memories though .....tongue.png They will remind you about it later.

"and a usafruct will be signed, sealed and delivered the day the house is paid off." - and so will you be. :)

Let me guess, "older brother" also drives a diesel. biggrin.png

June 4, 16:38:17

"24h/72h"

A little more than 3h to wait tongue.png

There were some printed rumours about capping (subsidising) Diesel even more, down to 24.

But not confirmed.

And economically total demnetia.

Populist "be happy" propaganda by the new regime.