Where to Watch the Football World Cup in Pattaya

InspirePattaya

The much anticipated football World Cup that kicks off on June 12th and runs until 13th July will only be showing in certain pubs and bars in Pattaya, so do plan now where you will be watching the games.

32 teams will battle it out for the highest award in world football: The World Cup.inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 12-06-13-07-2014

post-197742-0-61733300-1401963919_thumb.

For more informational please visit http://www.inspirepattaya.com/pattaya/watch-football-world-cup-pattaya/

We hear different sounds, the bars who want to show the games should have to pay 30.000 or 50.000 Baht for a license, about 15 inspectors would be on the road to catch bars showing it. We have slingbox in Belgium and can see the games on a legal Belgian way but is this OK with thai laws?

Are these thai wispers true or not or is it a new way of extorsion?

To be honnest, who is interested in Honduras - Ecuador, Japan - Greece, Colombia - Cote d'Ivoire? no-one.

So there will be maybe 10 games that attract customers, is about 3000 B per game, with customers who drink 2 drinks during the game, it is inpossible to get our money out of it.

If the wispers are true, we will not show it, if it is not true, we can show all the games with Dutch commentry.

Can someone give me the correct regulation please?

We hear different sounds, the bars who want to show the games should have to pay 30.000 or 50.000 Baht for a license, about 15 inspectors would be on the road to catch bars showing it. We have slingbox in Belgium and can see the games on a legal Belgian way but is this OK with thai laws?

Are these thai wispers true or not or is it a new way of extorsion?

To be honnest, who is interested in Honduras - Ecuador, Japan - Greece, Colombia - Cote d'Ivoire? no-one.

So there will be maybe 10 games that attract customers, is about 3000 B per game, with customers who drink 2 drinks during the game, it is inpossible to get our money out of it.

If the wispers are true, we will not show it, if it is not true, we can show all the games with Dutch commentry.

Can someone give me the correct regulation please?

As most of the games are being broadcast allegedly on channel 7.+ starting at 11pm 2/3am I cant see to many peep's wanting to watch in a bar anyway. That's of cause if the curfew has been lifted by then ???

30/50th for the rights they must be joking.

Edited by fredob43

Mobi's bar on the darkside near the lake ..

or just sign up for Thai Expat tv : http://www.thaiexpat.tv/aff.php?aff=151

And watch at home .. works no problem with 3BB 10 MB. Record and 7 day look back as standard. 600b a month..works of ya laptop. Just plug HDMI into TV.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

So many things weigh against bars showing the World Cup, as one English bar manager explained to me. He runs a 24-hour bar. Of course, first, a bar would have to have a 24-hour license to operate. 2. The earliest game is at 11 pm Thai time and the rest are overnight. 3. The crazy 30,000 bt rights fee. If you have a guesthouse attached, the fee is near 100,000 bt because the signal would go to the rooms. As of a couple of weeks ago, this large high-volume central sports bar decided against buying the rights.

Bars who show the free to air games in public need to get a 30,000 baht license too. It is a ridicules situation.

If the license was 5,000 most bar owners would buy it. But, 30,00 is a complete rip-off.

Bars who do pay the 30,000 will be reporting the bars that are showing it and don't have a license. It will be an absolute shit fest.

Phil

• Like 1

Bars who show the free to air games in public need to get a 30,000 baht license too. It is a ridicules situation.

If the license was 5,000 most bar owners would buy it. But, 30,00 is a complete rip-off.

Bars who do pay the 30,000 will be reporting the bars that are showing it and don't have a license. It will be an absolute shit fest.

Phil

Agreed.

Is it me or is it an absolute mess here everytime there is a Euro's or a World Cup.

It might get better/ worse.. it is currently in court. Seemingly all the games "should " be free to air. But RS (the rights holder) are saying their negotiations with FIFA were before that rule came into force .. if the court rules against RS it will be on TV. If not there will be a deal with True (who refused to pay for rights)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just go out and buy a PSI O2 Box if you want to watch in HD or a RS Sunbox if you are happy with SD.

They both connect to a Truevision dish.

Watch at home,have friends around.male or female and enjoy.

Stop whingeing.

Plenty of channels that will stream this if you have a decent internet line at home.

I will just stock up my fridge with beers and relax at home watching the games on my 42" HD TV.

Edited by balo

I'm very sorry folks, I would love to show the games, but all things considered, I think Mobi's will giving this one a miss.

The early games start at 11pm and the rest are in the middle of the night.

BY law, we have to close at midnight, and we are outside the 'curfew lifting' area so we also still have the midnight curfew. This hasn't been heavily enforced, (we closed the other day at 1.30 am with no sign of a cop), but the BIB might get stricter during the world cup to line their pockets.

Yes, I could show the games on Expat TV, but with these crazy prices for legal broadcasting and the 'licensing police thugs' out at large, it really isn't worth the risk or hassle.

We will probably lose a fair bit of money during this time as punters will stay home to watch the the build up and matches but that's better than facing massive fines or being shut down.

But for those who aren't interested in football, they will have a surfeit of girls to entertain them, along with our usual mix of older music and stimulating discussion....smile.png

Edited by Mobi

Plenty of channels that will stream this if you have a decent internet line at home.

I will just stock up my fridge with beers and relax at home watching the games on my 42" HD TV.

You will stay up for the 2am and 4am games?

No, not every night. I hope to watch most of the the 11pm and 2am games

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app