Validity of a Kor Ror 2 for Non Imm O spouse visa

Hi,

I posted this in a thread in travel section but only got 1 reply.

Will post it here, better place for it also.

I have some questions regarding obtaining a Non Imm O spouse (marriage) multiple entry from Thai consulate in Savannakhet.

Maybe some members can answer.

1) Is there a bus from Ubonratchathani city bus terminal all the way to Savannakhet (via Mukdahan)?

If so, what is the earliest time it leaves Ubon, how long is the trip, how much is the fare, when is the last bus back/leaving Savannakhet/Mukdahan to Ubon?

2) I already got a Kor Ror 2 (marriage registration, not certificate) at an amphur in Bangkok a week ago.

But I plan to get a new visa (visa, not extention) late this month, June.

The Kor Ror 2 will then be 1.5 months old: will it still be accepted?

3) Apart from original marriage certificate and Kor Ror 2 and signed copy of Thai wife's ID card, I plan to also bring along

(and will only show when requested by consulate staff) original bankbook, original work permit,

original and copy of personal income tax receipt for 2013 tax filling, copy of the income tax declaration from 2013

(to show I can comply with the at least THB 50K monthly income requirement).

The bankbook will be at least showing transactions from 14th April until, I guess, the day prior to application at consulate,

but far under a balance of THB 400K.

My question: will this be enough if asked more than the marriage documents and ID document?

4) What is the expectation that the Thai consulate will still be where it was last year April 2013?

Thanks!

all you need at Savannakhet is marriage cert kor 3, Her ID. House book. your passport and photos think 2 and 5000baht that's it I think don't need all the other crap. no money required to be shown and for your info kor 2 lasts a year at my immigration office you need to check

Edited by MikeandDow

The Kor Ror 2 is not required. You need your marriage certificate plus a copy, Signed and dated copies of you wife's house book and ID card.

They do not ask for financial proof.

There are several buses a day from the main bus station in Ubon to Mukdahan. You can get the bus to Savannakhet at the bus station in Mukdahan, It will wait for you clear immigration of both sides of the bridge,

OP, do you know about extensions at immigration offices?

I know that extensions at immigration require proof of funds (THB 400K) or income (THB 40 - 50K).

My visa expired end of last March, I entered just a day before "enter before date" to get 90 days again,

getting a total of 15 months out of the visa.

Now I need to get a new visa. I choose to get a new one, instead of doing extension, presuming it is easier

because less is required.

However, as getting a visa at any Thai embassy/consulate also partly depends on the mood of the official

you happen to have to hand over your documents, I want to have some backup with me in case

I get asked for more, that's why I will bring a Kor Ror 2 and some P91 tax documents with me also.

If I am there and asked for such and don't have it, well I won't be able to get it there and then.

Waste of time and money.

But if I am wrong about the requirements to get an extension to a Non Imm O spouse visa at immigration in Bangkok,

in my situation, please do tell.

Thanks smile.png

The Kor Ror 2 is not required. You need your marriage certificate plus a copy, Signed and dated copies of you wife's house book and ID card.

They do not ask for financial proof.

There are several buses a day from the main bus station in Ubon to Mukdahan. You can get the bus to Savannakhet at the bus station in Mukdahan, It will wait for you clear immigration of both sides of the bridge,

Thanks ubonjoe!

I take the Kor Ror 2 with me just in case. I have it already.

The other items you mention are easy.

The reason for my questions is that I just want to be prepared for when one gets a "difficult" officer, who

could ask why I have been on Non Imm O spouse visa for 3 years in Thailand, to which I will then

of course reply that I work in Thailand, to provide for my family.

To back that up, I will also bring work permit and income tax filing documents.

All just in case. smile.png

Better safe than sorry....as they say.

I heard there are mini vans also from Ubon to Mukdahan. Trying to find out more about that.

The previous times I drove myself from Ubon to Mukdahan. I don't have that option now (no car available).