Curfew lifted in Cha Am, Hua Hin, Krabi and Phang Nga

george

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Bangkok will find more happiness staying indoors. Happiness is starting to permeate the land.

don't forget to share what you are smoking....please.

Something have to be done to improve the image of Thailand now, or good tourism will look for other destinations. Western press isn't fair with Thailand, and not exactly for safety reasons.....

What abt us in Bkk........ its Friday and we want to go out....

Those who have been very very naughty will stay in detention the longest.

NOW do you believe the red shirt rallies in Bangkok were not hired buffaloes from Isan?

They tried to tell you that in 2006, but did you listen? No, of course not. So now you will listen. And if you refuse to listen again, there are worse things than curfew while the rest of the country parties. Suffer and learn, or just suffer, your choice.

post-52815-0-13531900-1402099861_thumb.j

Something have to be done to improve the image of Thailand now, or good tourism will look for other destinations. Western press isn't fair with Thailand, and not exactly for safety reasons.....

When Thailand takes care of its politics, whether rallies or coups or mass killings or anything else, it doesn't do that with an eye to tourism. Nor should it.

And when the "western press" as you call it (for reasons that aren't clear, since it includes ALL press, everywhere including Bangkok) comments on events in Thailand, it also doesn't do that with an eye to tourism, why would it?

It's not up to the press. The image of Thailand is what Thailand makes it.

Edited by wandasloan

#25 "Oh please, don't misunderstand......I was referring to the Army 'serenading' the former acting caretaker Prime Shopper! I'm all in favor of the performance!"

Performance is everything!

I look at starfish and shake my head in disappointment - no performance.

Edit: Reference

Edited by lvr181

Well that didnt last long in hua hin. The police came around at 8pm told bar owners they can stay late as curfew lifted. Then they came back at 10pm saying they have to close as police havent been paid their monthly amount from all bars yet and need to wait for that. They just want to flex their muscle again since they have been handed back their power

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Bangkok will find more happiness staying indoors. Happiness is starting to permeate the land.

It says bring back happiness for Thais - nothing about farangs....

That's like saying bring Happiness back good old London town ,then a couple of Thai's complain, what about Thai's, Farangs are not from Thailand, Thailand is for Thai's you R only a visitor.

What abt us in Bkk........ its Friday and we want to go out....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't understand the problem just go out, you are always accepted to go home, and this wednesday when we went home at 01.30 from a nightclub at Nana, the second taxi we asked took us home to Nonthaburi by the meter. And with no traffic so we payed only 160 Baht...

You are recommending breaking the law of curfew?

what about poor old kanchanaburi we got tourist even though most of the people are dead here cant cause much trouble

What kind of person are you that could make a joke about people as young as 18 died fighting so that you could live to be the ass**** you are.

• Like 1

Can you believe the curfew is still active on the dark side of Pattaya where most resident people in Pattaya live. The police are also not enforcing it, thai people are everywhere, all the 7/11s are open, all the street vendors are out, the only establishments that they are enforcing it on are the small bars aimed at the local foreign Ex pat residents. To me this is a double standard showing of clear blatant racism.

Curfew lifted in Krabi, Phang Nga, Hua Hin, Cha-am, and for Full Moon Party
The Phuket News

1402118088_1-org.jpg

Photo: María Gabriela Lucero

TOURISM: Effective as of last night (June 6), Thailand's curfew was lifted in the provinces of Krabi and Phang-nga, as well as the districts of Hua Hin (in Prachuap Khiri Khan) and Cha-am (in Phetchaburi), bringing the number of key tourist destinations with a curfew exemption to seven.

The curfew, which was initially imposed on May 22 following the implimentation of Martial Law nationwide, was subsequently lifted in Phuket, Pattaya and Ko Samui on June 3 (original story here).

All other destinations and locales throughout Thailand – including Chiang Mai, Haad Yai and the capital Bangkok – remain under curfew from midnight to 4am.

Yesterday's announcement of four more curfew exemptions follows an announcement by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) yesterday afternoon granting a curfew exemption for this month’s all-night full moon parties on Ko Phangan, which is scheduled from June 9-13.

This month’s Full Moon Party on Ko Phangan will take place as planned after the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) gave a curfew exemption for the all-night parties to be held from 9-13 June 2014.

This month’s full moon is on June 12, but the all-night parties on Ko Phangan are usually held on the days before and after a full moon, and so the curfew exemption covers a period of five (5) days.

Mr Thawatchai Arunyik, TAT Governor said, “This curfew exemption for Ko Phangan’s Full Moon Party is not only great news for the tourists who come from all over the world to experience this unique gathering, but also for local tourism operators and hotels.

“This latest development announced by the NCPO should help reassure everyone coming to this famous party that they will have a safe and memorable time.”

This latest announcement also makes Hat Rin of Ko Phangan the fourth tourist destination to enjoy curfew exemption.

TAT Governor said, “As a matter of fact, this current curfew from midnight to 4am is when most people are normally in the comfort of their accommodation. And so, it has hardly stopped any visitors to Thailand from enjoying their days in the sun and taking in the sights of the temples, mountains and beaches in any tourist destinations throughout Thailand.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/curfew-lifted-in-krabi-phang-nga-hua-hin-cha-am-and-for-full-moon-party-46718.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-06-07

Any news on bangkok ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

If you all behave teacher might let you out early - or else it's more detention. Meanwhile listen to the beautiful girls of the Royal Thai Army Band who are here to bring you happiness - you will survive. !

http://youtu.be/K_Kl7CH-znE

Join the Army ! Or , at least support it !

It seems to be sanook ...

It says bring back happiness for Thais - nothing about farangs....

Happy Thais = more happy farangs ...!

• Like 1

Still, complaints about the curfew. I find it hard to understand. First, it is a temporary thing, the curfew has already been shortened for all and removed for many tourist places. Your time will come, the curfew will be lifted.

I am especially amazed at so many Brits complaining. It wasn't until 2005, that the opening hours of your pubs was liberalized by the Licensing Act of 2003. For many years your pubs were open only noon-2:30pm and 6:30-9:30pm; then, for years they were open noon-11pm and closed on Sundays--talk about restriction.

At least the curfew is during the off season.

The only real reason to complain is if your business relies on midnight to four am patrons; even then, you could simply change your opening hours, because most of those midnight to 4 patrons are also subject to the curfew.

I am surprised not more bars are staging four-hour overnight parties.

Don't forget Peace and Order ... and Purity of Essence ...

Brilliant- hadn't seen that before - there may be a lot of secret reds waiting to steal your preciuos bodily essence out in the nightspots - be vigilant !

Can you believe the curfew is still active on the dark side of Pattaya where most resident people in Pattaya live. The police are also not enforcing it, thai people are everywhere, all the 7/11s are open, all the street vendors are out, the only establishments that they are enforcing it on are the small bars aimed at the local foreign Ex pat residents. To me this is a double standard showing of clear blatant racism.

welcome to Thailand !

Still, complaints about the curfew. I find it hard to understand. First, it is a temporary thing, the curfew has already been shortened for all and removed for many tourist places. Your time will come, the curfew will be lifted.

I am especially amazed at so many Brits complaining. It wasn't until 2005, that the opening hours of your pubs was liberalized by the Licensing Act of 2003. For many years your pubs were open only noon-2:30pm and 6:30-9:30pm; then, for years they were open noon-11pm and closed on Sundays--talk about restriction.

The only real reason to complain is if your business relies on midnight to four am patrons; even then, you could simply change your opening hours, because most of those midnight to 4 patrons are also subject to the curfew.

First, here's a Brit whose not complaining. I'm curious how you can compare our licencing hours to the present situation.

At least when the pubs closed you could go to a restaurant, a night club or go home and take the dog a walk.

Closure of pubs was a throwback to WW1and just took a long time to change.

Don't forget Peace and Order ... and Purity of Essence ...

Brilliant- hadn't seen that before - there may be a lot of secret reds waiting to steal your preciuos bodily essence out in the nightspots - be vigilant !

....no,no. They will be drinking rain water and grain alcohol or contaminating the drinking water with fluoride cheesy.gif

Yes doesn't look good with an army general running the country ...sacking a self serving corrupt police force then making the first concerted effort I can remember to actually clean up the scum and trash masquerading as taxi drivers in Phuket.Bring back the corrupt politicans in suits is what I say!smile.png

Yesterday we saw reports of the curfew being lifted in Hua Hin & other resorts..yet at midnight in Hua Hin (despite national coverage of the ban being lifted) the police came round all the bars & made sure all was locked-up at 12.00..even the 'Dark Side' that usually stays open till 7.00am & is almost police-owned were ordered to shut..??

First, here's a Brit whose not complaining. I'm curious how you can compare our licencing hours to the present situation.

At least when the pubs closed you could go to a restaurant, a night club or go home and take the dog a walk.

Closure of pubs was a throwback to WW1and just took a long time to change.

Haven't you noticed the number of posters who are complaining the bars are closed because of curfew.