Illuminated Magnifying 'Glass'

jonwilly

I have an elderly friend who wears glasses and has had his eyesight check recently.

Now he often uses a magnifying glass to aid his reading.

He still likes to read in bed before sleep and finds the Magnifying glass inconvenient/difficult to use.

Does any one Know where a large illuminated glass that 'Clips' on to his bed or a table may be obtained ?

I found this on the net and hope that similar is available in Chiang Mai.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003R9UBD2/?tag=m44f-20

john

Thank you Nancy.

Small one was found at Icon store but far to small to be practical.

I tried the Optician near Irish Pub but no luck.

I can find dozens on the net and I have suggested to my friend he forwards my e mail to his son in Bangkok where they must be available.

john

Sounds like what the computer techs use to visually troubleshoot circuit boards, perhaps ask one of them. I think you could also get a Kindle type device (e-reader) and set the print to be very large, along with back-lighting options.

I have seen them in 2 Big C stores, on stalls that sell digital clocks, fancy lighters, torches and so on, on the ground floors.

Both the Big C stores are in Hang Dong, first one just passed the Tesco Lotus heading towards Hang Dong on the left and the other, on the Hang Dong road just passed the North Chiang Mai University entrance.

I know they sell them there, but whether they are going to be the size that the OP requires I have no idea, but worth a look just in case.

Thank you Nancy.

Small one was found at Icon store but far to small to be practical.

I tried the Optician near Irish Pub but no luck.

I can find dozens on the net and I have suggested to my friend he forwards my e mail to his son in Bangkok where they must be available.

john

I need to go to Panthip in 10 minutes or so time, I'll have a quick look for you and post back in 20 minutes or so.

The store in Panthip had lights and magnifying glasses next to each other but none were a combination. They did have big magnifying glasses with a light but ........ Finished. The girl in the shop , after I showed her your picture, suggested Amorn.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

Cheers, thank you but I am looking for a hands free device that my friend can use in bed.

I will keep checking and have advised him to contact his son in BKK which must have a greater selection on offer.

john

RS, Well there's a surprise used their products when I as a Licensed Aircraft Engineer in UK, their catalogues are a revelation of everything you could need.

I obtained one from Central on Nancy's recommendation B2,090 made by a Thai company SECO. Robust and well made. The Staff confirmed they sold replacement bulbs in same department.

john

Job Done.