Icelandic National Arrested in Pattaya Drug Suppression Operation

Rimmer

2 grams of "ice" is approximately 500 Baht.

This guy just threw his life away.

Drugs destroy lives.

Why do so many people need drugs nowadays? Is life that bad?

why so many outllandish comments here. he will be fined. hardly 'threw away his life'

what is it with so many posters here. why not keep things real.

So, you're an expert? 'Real-y'?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i do not take drugs of any kind but occasionally drink beer. but i wonder how many of the 'hang em high brigade' that condem anyone that does dabble in 'drugs' are more than happy to drink excessive amounts of alcohol on a regualr basis.

oh, sorry i forgot alcohol is legal. trouble is though the human body doesnt care if it is legal or not and it still does more damage than any drug out there :)

• Like 1

Drugs destroy lives.

why so many outllandish comments here. he will be fined. hardly 'threw away his life'

what is it with so many posters here. why not keep things real.

So, you're an expert? 'Real-y'?

no - but i am not an idiotic fantasist. i like to keep things real.

Drugs destroy lives.

Gram of ICE for a Thai is around 2.5k - 3.5k baht. Yes the guy was stupid, depends on his Thai lawyer if he can afford one, but likely just receive a fine if its first offence and can pay

why would you know that

some people have inteligence and actually have a life. some people talk to all kinds of people and are told all kinds of storys.

but what you intimate is that anyone that knows something that you can't understand because of your own disposition is some how suspect by knowing. you really need to open your mind.

I have been 'High' so many times in my life I've lost count, but I'm proud to say not once was it as a result of taking drugs.

Only a 'competitor' knows the 'High' you get from sport and particularly from winning.

I have been 'High' so many times in my life I've lost count, but I'm proud to say not once was it as a result of taking drugs.

Only a 'competitor' knows the 'High' you get from sport and particularly from winning.

wow, i bet your a really interesting person.

• Like 1

Perhaps he is already out, as one of the "arrestees" made the call that netted the supplier. .....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Perhaps not, the report said all three were charged.

Drugs destroy lives.

So all in all, this drug suppression raid was a brilliant success. They seized somewhere in the region of 750 baht's worth of drugs... I remember back in about 2004 watching a guy selling cannabis on the the beach at Lamai. Once he'd sold his little pack (500 baht) the police jumped out from behind and arrested the buyer. The seller would run back, get his little bag of Cannabis back together with a 200 baht reward and they'd start again. I wonder if this kind of entrapment is classed as a "suppression operation"?

"So all in all, this drug suppression raid was a brilliant success. They seized somewhere in the region of 750 baht's worth of drugs..."

In this case the amount of drugs is irrelevant, 3 dealers/users were arrested and are now off the streets.

Drugs destroy lives.

Many, many more lives are destroyed by misguided, ineffective, anti-drug policies and laws. Completely legal market with age restrictions, public education, and treatment programs are the one solutions. Prohibitions never work unless you live in North Korea.

• Like 1

Drugs destroy lives.

So all in all, this drug suppression raid was a brilliant success. They seized somewhere in the region of 750 baht's worth of drugs... I remember back in about 2004 watching a guy selling cannabis on the the beach at Lamai. Once he'd sold his little pack (500 baht) the police jumped out from behind and arrested the buyer. The seller would run back, get his little bag of Cannabis back together with a 200 baht reward and they'd start again. I wonder if this kind of entrapment is classed as a "suppression operation"?

"So all in all, this drug suppression raid was a brilliant success. They seized somewhere in the region of 750 baht's worth of drugs..."

In this case the amount of drugs is irrelevant, 3 dealers/users were arrested and are now off the streets.

In the UK they would be classed as users with such a tiny amount, in fact with that tiny amount they wouldn't even be arrested. The only way to clean drugs off the streets is by chopping the head off of the problem (metaphorically speaking). Arresting 3 users (very small time users) is pointless - they'll be back on the streets at some stage and if they're incarcerated they will feed their habits whilst in prison where drugs are rife. Follow the dealers to their suppliers and then pounce. Trouble is that a lot of the suppliers in Thailand are the ones doing the arresting!

"Why do they do it in Thailand with the risk of terrible jail time?"

"Why throw their life away?"

"Why bother when there are so many other great ways to enjoy here?"

These kinds of question are based on a completely different mindset to that of anyone willing to take a chance. In this sense at least, drug users and drug dealers are similar to thieves, murderers, gamblers and smokers: they usually do it because they think they can do so without facing the potential consequences, rather than despite the consequences.

"But I think I will win this time...."

"My grandmother lived to 100 and never got lung cancer...."

"Nobody can see me steal it...."

"I can just throw her body into the canal...."

"If I act calmly and keep the stash down the garden I shouldn't be busted...."

Example: 3 guys....

Drugs simply don't appeal to the first guy and he thinks taking risks like that is stupid.

Drugs might appeal to the second guy but he's afraid of the risk so he doesn't partake.

Drugs do appeal to the third guy and he will take the risk because he thinks/hopes he can get away with it.

So it's down to how badly someone wants to do something or how much of a risk taker they are, and it shows why draconian drug laws like in Thailand (or capital punishment) are ineffective as a deterrent.

That's why the above questions are actually totally irrelevant.

It is time Thailand decriminalzed small quantities of posession of narcotics, like Mexico. Make it legal and the problem goes away.

20 years ago yaba/speed could be bought in any corner store in Thailand...

Absolutely! That's why there is such a high Murder rate there with turf wars between Cartels. So the problem has gone away there?

Drugs destroy lives.

In the UK they would be classed as users with such a tiny amount, in fact with that tiny amount they wouldn't even be arrested. The only way to clean drugs off the streets is by chopping the head off of the problem (metaphorically speaking). Arresting 3 users (very small time users) is pointless - they'll be back on the streets at some stage and if they're incarcerated they will feed their habits whilst in prison where drugs are rife. Follow the dealers to their suppliers and then pounce. Trouble is that a lot of the suppliers in Thailand are the ones doing the arresting!

Wrong - only possession of Cannabis applies and Police on the street can check the background of any suspect stopped. If previous Penalty tickets and or cautions are applicable an arrest would be made. Other drugs, the suspect would be arrested and interviewed,, and if they stated what the drug actually was in interview, and or a screening of the drug in custody identified it, then a decision on what the outcome would be made otherwise bail would be the option until an analysis of the drug was completed before the return bail date.

The problem of illegal drugs is this , for every dealer you take off the streets their is a waiting line to replace them !

I am not saying every place but most !

Also for every drug shipment that gets busted ,there is usually an average of 2 or more that make it thru ! Many times , one of

say four shipments are sent , one of the shipments is tipped off to the authorities for this reason , to make it look like the

authorities are doing their job and they are disrupting the drug trade ! When in fact they really aren't even making a dent.

Some authorities are probably on the payroll. The Big cartels donate money to politicians who voice the anti-drug legalization line, they don't want to lose their business to the government !

I in no way condone the use of drugs , but just like you Booze & Beer lovers would break the law if you could not get a drink as in Prohibition proved in USA so many years ago , btw alcohol and its related deaths ,claim many more lives then drugs. People fracked up on drugs don't usually want to drive anywhere ! That cannot be said for people who are drunk , which also brings up the violence committed by intoxicated people ,even normally quiet good folks get bent out of shape. Lets not confuse the violence of Drug shippers confronted by the law ,with users buying on streets! I cannot ever remember seeing a bunch of stoned out people in a brawl .But as a Barman of many years in CLUBS & ANYPLACE SELLING ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES , I was put in frightening scenarios where my life was threatened because people were intoxicated or as the saying goes those people or that person were Dead Drunk ! Funny , but it must come from the fact they look like Zombies & act a bit like them too ! They become incoherent ...... when they are so fracked up ,thus the reference to Dead Drunk !

post-35854-0-88240000-1402194834_thumb.j

post-35854-0-23670100-1402195039_thumb.j

Be nice, pay the "on the spot" fine, negotiate a price for the return of the contraband with a smile and move on.

Cambodia and Myanma is the flavour these days. Leave all that to the Russians, the're used to it. Phuket, Samui, Hua Hin, Pattaya and the like have fallen to greed, corruption, scams and personal attacks against tourists.

Thailand is no longer the place it once was, the land of smiles is only evident after a successful campaign at relieving a farang with a substantial sum of cash.

What a Shame.

People often get into Drugs for 2 reasons . They get hooked into an addictive habit or they want to make money , even tho if arrested we may think there isn't enough money to ruin your life , if your poor , it may not take allot to get you to be a dealer.

The shame of it all , is the small fry are the ones that wind up doing the time and the Big Bosses , who can be very legit

Business men usually get off or buy their way out or not even found out!

Now i know this may not be a popular opinion on here but making drugs illegal and the so called War on Drugs , are

just a waste of time and money. As long as there is a demand ,someone will take the chance .

The legalizing and removing the stigma ,educating people to the harm . The reasons Ganja is illegal in the USA was the big chemical plastic makers wanted the product of HEMP ,removed by tagging it as the same thing as Marijuana. Which ,smoke hemp all you want but it doesn't get you high ,a cough maybe. Another reason ,when Prohibition ended , allot of Federal agents were going to be out of a job , so they made up this small problem of Pot smoking Musicians into this demon drug that was ruining the country and leading people to take stronger drugs . And the final reason Drugs are illegal ,Big Pharma dont want these much cheaper pain killing drugs for sale ,they want people to buy their expensive drugs !

Plus ,there is so much money in the illegal drug trade ,they pay off Politicians to keep them illegal ,instead of decriminalizing and controlling the sale of all drugs by Governmental regulation ,just like tobacco and alcohol and pharmaceuticals . All this stuff at one time was for sale , until the Bad guys realized Alcohol prohibition was going to stop their boot-legging. So ,now we have the Cartels making fortunes and USA spends 6-8 Billion $ a year on the War on Drugs , that they are losing to the Dealers all over the world ! ,

If someone wants to hurt themselves or just satisfy a habit ,that should be their choice. Only with it illegal ,you create criminals who cannot afford their habit ,who steal from anybody they can . I prefer to let them hurt themselves rather then my family or friends.

I formed this opinion in the late 60's and early 70's , after a US Customs Agent told me this story that I just told you.

Please watch a movie called "Reefer Madness" and tell me if you think that movie paints a true picture of Marijuana users!

Take the money away from the Bad guys , legalize & educate , there is no way to win the War on Drugs but there is a way to change the game! Allot of those people are dealing not just for the profits but just like on Wall St. ,they play the game for the RUSH !

If somebody can tell me a better way to win the War on Drugs ,you should go tell all the government drug agencies ,your ideas. The number of lives ruined by Marijuana offender arrests , for as little as a joint , alone is the worse crime of all ! But it has got to be without an escalation of Violence , as the answer ! All that'd do is create more Violence !

Drugs destroy lives.

Gram of ICE for a Thai is around 2.5k - 3.5k baht. Yes the guy was stupid, depends on his Thai lawyer if he can afford one, but likely just receive a fine if its first offence and can pay

why would you know that

because up until a few months ago I lived in East Pattaya and members of the local non uniformed 'village' police as well as Thai family members occasionally came to our house to eat and drink. Sometimes locals were arrested for drug procession and we would talk about it. The RTP often facilitated the release from custody of those caught, for financial gain, prior to appearing in Court

Edited by simple1

Strange how so many posters on here know the prices of drugs. I personally wouldn't have the faintest idea what a gram of this or a gram of that costs.

For myself, it's normal to have a social life. Go out and meet people. Foreigners and locals. With those, i talk about all and sundry. Even when someone speaks about drugs, it doesn't mean necessarily that they are drug addicted or drug dealers. Normal people are curious in a common way about what happen around them..

I rather wonder about people who can not understand this. They must have a very boring life.

• Like 1

If Drug use and/or possession is against the Law, It's against the Law, PERIOD! When anyone enters a Foreign Country, He/She are subject to ALL it's Laws. What part of the does not anyone NOT understand? Know before You go! For further reading, search "7 Countries You don't want to get caught with Drugs in".

• Like 1

If Drug use and/or possession is against the Law, It's against the Law, PERIOD! When anyone enters a Foreign Country, He/She are subject to ALL it's Laws. What part of the does not anyone NOT understand? Know before You go! For further reading, search "7 Countries You don't want to get caught with Drugs in".

for your information - people break laws. you need to get out more.

People often get into Drugs for 2 reasons . They get hooked into an addictive habit or they want to make money , even tho if arrested we may think there isn't enough money to ruin your life , if your poor , it may not take allot to get you to be a dealer.

The shame of it all , is the small fry are the ones that wind up doing the time and the Big Bosses , who can be very legit

Business men usually get off or buy their way out or not even found out!

Now i know this may not be a popular opinion on here but making drugs illegal and the so called War on Drugs , are

just a waste of time and money. As long as there is a demand ,someone will take the chance .

The legalizing and removing the stigma ,educating people to the harm . The reasons Ganja is illegal in the USA was the big chemical plastic makers wanted the product of HEMP ,removed by tagging it as the same thing as Marijuana. Which ,smoke hemp all you want but it doesn't get you high ,a cough maybe. Another reason ,when Prohibition ended , allot of Federal agents were going to be out of a job , so they made up this small problem of Pot smoking Musicians into this demon drug that was ruining the country and leading people to take stronger drugs . And the final reason Drugs are illegal ,Big Pharma dont want these much cheaper pain killing drugs for sale ,they want people to buy their expensive drugs !

Plus ,there is so much money in the illegal drug trade ,they pay off Politicians to keep them illegal ,instead of decriminalizing and controlling the sale of all drugs by Governmental regulation ,just like tobacco and alcohol and pharmaceuticals . All this stuff at one time was for sale , until the Bad guys realized Alcohol prohibition was going to stop their boot-legging. So ,now we have the Cartels making fortunes and USA spends 6-8 Billion $ a year on the War on Drugs , that they are losing to the Dealers all over the world ! ,

If someone wants to hurt themselves or just satisfy a habit ,that should be their choice. Only with it illegal ,you create criminals who cannot afford their habit ,who steal from anybody they can . I prefer to let them hurt themselves rather then my family or friends.

I formed this opinion in the late 60's and early 70's , after a US Customs Agent told me this story that I just told you.

Please watch a movie called "Reefer Madness" and tell me if you think that movie paints a true picture of Marijuana users!

Take the money away from the Bad guys , legalize & educate , there is no way to win the War on Drugs but there is a way to change the game! Allot of those people are dealing not just for the profits but just like on Wall St. ,they play the game for the RUSH !

If somebody can tell me a better way to win the War on Drugs ,you should go tell all the government drug agencies ,your ideas. The number of lives ruined by Marijuana offender arrests , for as little as a joint , alone is the worse crime of all ! But it has got to be without an escalation of Violence , as the answer ! All that'd do is create more Violence !

There are 50 times more recreational drug users than addicts. So although each to their own there are not only two reasons people use drugs. IE addicted and selling. Yes it is well documented that these particular drugs do have an adverse effect on people, IE Heroin, Cocaine, Ice, Speed, and to some extent Cannabis. However in reality most drugs have side effects and there are some that have been prescribed that have led to addiction, and death. Drugs are very people sensitive and there is no direct psychotically relationship to assess if one person will become an addict or not. This is what is the most dangerous thing about drug use.

Ah, to live in a blissfully simple world... where 2 blacks and 2 whites always equal 4 blacks or whites....

Try reading (or understanding?) the whole thread before replying next time, that way you won't be making points that have already been answered.

Drugs destroy lives.

Many, many more lives are destroyed by misguided, ineffective, anti-drug policies and laws. Completely legal market with age restrictions, public education, and treatment programs are the one solutions. Prohibitions never work unless you live in North Korea.

If only that were true. Legal marketing with age restrictions, public education, and treatments programs are not any solution, e.g. alcohol !

Prohibitions never work, because of North Korea, a major player in the manufacture and international distribution of methamphetamine.

It is time Thailand decriminalzed small quantities of posession of narcotics, like Mexico. Make it legal and the problem goes away.

20 years ago yaba/speed could be bought in any corner store in Thailand...

Yes, Mexico is a great example of how a country deals with narcotics............