NCPO urged to appoint new tourism policy chief

Lite Beer

Need someone to preach the Juntas propaganda to world. All these one sided stories coming out of Thailand by the Junta does nothing to boost Thailand's image. The Junta needs to allow everyone to have a voice and not just them, it is only being seen as a dictatorship where everyone must obey the Army or else.

The Junta has to realise that the world is not Thailand and it can't be fed propaganda and demand that they suck it up as facts. The rest of the world was never raised in the Thai education system where you were spoon fed rubbish by teachers and you were never allowed to question superiors. The world is laughing at the Junta and condemns them.

For the official record, i'm not laughing at the junta.

"You brought the subject up---you chose your wife not me.thumbsup.gif This is my reply to your post, and I AM pleased you thought my post was rightthumbsup.gif "

But the difference is she understands the meaning.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I do not want to understand your defense of PTP or the criticism of the army sorry to Dung on your cornflakes. Wonder if your wife was a defender of PTP ??

or did she just nod and smile when you supported themthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Maybe tourism, is a bigger part of the countrys G.D.P. Than the percentages quoted!

It sure is how much is the turnower for the sex industri? The bargirls are really shopping around and sends money to family that also spend money.

lots of tax free money changing hands

• Like 1

Maybe tourism, is a bigger part of the countrys G.D.P. Than the percentages quoted!

I hear it is closer to 20%. The agencies always quote 7-13%. So, it is a very big deal. A lot of people are hurting right now. And having just returned from the states, as usual the agencies are doing a poor job of convincing anyone it is safe here. People assume an Egypt style event. No so of course. But, they have no idea.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Isn't the true situation that the country is under military rule and 60 plus countries will not change their recommendations regarding travel to Thailand for their citizens whilst that state of play remains the same?

No you can still travel, only don't get into trouble, as your government has warned you , you might have to pick up the costs. If they refuse you exit out of your country you can always go the Singapore , Malaysia or HK and come in from there.

it is. Ask any,ordinary person

I used to argue that tourism revenue was substantial- but the good members of TV have convinced me otherwise.

My buddy Spike splained it to me: Us farangs gets free admission into National Parks; free health care (remember the reason quoted for a 500 baht entry fee for visiting Thailand?); we don't pay tax; we pay less for taxis, food and gems AND if there are ever misunderstandings with the locals, the authorities always decide in our favor :)

Us foreigners is a drag on the economy but the locals is too darned nice to mention it...

Old Spike does make a few good points clap2.gif

Given that all of the "appointees" are military maybe a younger brother could fill this role: Lt-Gen Preecha Chan-ocha?

In other news, General Prayuth appointed himself (more self-nepotism?) to chair the BoI:

Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha will chair a new 18-person Board of Investment which he appointed on Saturday.

Needless to say he appointed all 18 members. giggle.gif

Need someone to preach the Juntas propaganda to world. All these one sided stories coming out of Thailand by the Junta does nothing to boost Thailand's image. The Junta needs to allow everyone to have a voice and not just them, it is only being seen as a dictatorship where everyone must obey the Army or else.

The Junta has to realise that the world is not Thailand and it can't be fed propaganda and demand that they suck it up as facts. The rest of the world was never raised in the Thai education system where you were spoon fed rubbish by teachers and you were never allowed to question superiors. The world is laughing at the Junta and condemns them.

Fair points about propaganda Chooka mate.

Interesting one professor emeritus at an American University recently gave a TV interview and said words to the affect that anyone who supports Thaksin is supporting the death knell of democracy in Thailand. Some, albeit a few, are researching the reality of the situation in Thailand. Nothing to do with fighting for democracy, all about fighting for control. Whether the military are actually on one of these sides, or operating some what independently remains to be seen. Thailand isn't mega interesting - no oil, gas, minerals of worth, to certain countries, so they don't really bother wasting too much time on it. Now, if Thailand were to really start getting closer to China, that would be interesting. Look how a democratically elected president was "removed" in Ukraine when he moved closer to Russia - and sparked off the current blow up. Yet, the same countries that condemned him and supported the coup against him do the opposite when it suits. All propaganda and spin to suit there own agenda. Nothing to do with right or wrong or differing political ideologies or if someone is corrupt. All to do with pushing your own agenda.

However, can you show anything to support your assertion that the world is laughing at the junta? I have seen plenty of comments urging a return to a civilian government, to respect democratic principles and human rights, and refrain from violence. I have not saw any evidence of one single country offering support for the Yingluck/Thaksin administration or suggesting it is still the legal government. Not one. Does that tell you something? Which would you consider the bigger joke: being governed by a Junta or being governed by a convicted criminal fugitive via Skype, sms, and clandestine overseas meetings, which never stay clandestine?

• Like 1

Given that all of the "appointees" are military maybe a younger brother could fill this role: Lt-Gen Preecha Chan-ocha?

In other news, General Prayuth appointed himself (more self-nepotism?) to chair the BoI:

Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha will chair a new 18-person Board of Investment which he appointed on Saturday.

Needless to say he appointed all 18 members. giggle.gif

Rightly or wrongly someone needed to get a grip, show leadership and take both control and responsibility. The general could so easily simply waited for his retirement. But, he chose to roll his sleeves up and get stuck in. He's shown more leadership, sensible decision making and results in a few weeks than in the previous 3 years under the Shin administration.

At least, one suspects he will actually attend and chair meetings. Unlike a certain disgraced former PM who liked appointing herself or relatives (or did big brother make those appointments?) to various jobs but never actually did anything.

Edited by Baerboxer

Rightly or wrongly someone needed to get a grip, show leadership and take both control and responsibility.

Truer words have never been spoken, save for the all the previous coups over the previous ~ 80-ish years.

Just waitin' for them to trot out Phunxathawney Patcharapol to see how many more "years" of military rule are expected.

http://vnuriya-streams.blogspot.com/2006/09/vicious-cycle-of-thai-politics.html

post-9615-0-32032600-1402198939_thumb.jp