Problem with a neighbours aggressive dog

pattayapete69

Peter,

When you come into Ekmongkol 4 at the 7/11 there is huge sign .. all in Thai I must admit, but it deals with Dog ownership in the Estate. Get your wife to read it, this might give you an option of seeking an official remedy. Although I doubt it given the ability of the Estate Management to do anything well.

I also live in Ek4 and my house was once surrounded by barking dogs but it seems to have settled a few loud harsh words directed in their houses direction. a few rocks thrown and just letting them know you are around when the owners let them out.

My experience so far is that Thai owners love to own dogs but have no idea how to control them nor do they care if the neighbors are disturbed by their dogs bad habits.

Thai are NOT the only ones, plenty of retarded foreigners who do not have a clue.

Have met a number of those here in Thailand, who start screaming like little girls if see other dogs coming towards theirs.

Screaming and kicking like a 5 year old girl instead of taking charge of the situation.

• Like 1

Good idea and give the owner a zap too

Not sure if anyone mentioned electrical cattle prod devices for humans. High Voltage will knock a man down for while ( I used to own one at 220,000 volts and it worked well). One thing I noticed was animals were scared of it when it was turned on as it makes a popping noise when the sparks fly. I have been looking for one of these and today found it in khon kaen. It is a flash light with metal parts in the lens that spark when activated. I would not have know but I heard the crackle of sparks and went to see what it was. 600 baht for this thing can put down the dog or other large mammal if need be. Maybe a good thing to have on a bike, the crackle may be enough but if not...zap em. They won't forget you.

Or try an ultrasonic directional dog repeller. I have seen them in action, and they work. Being directional should not affect your dogs as long as your aim is good, see link for an example.

http://www.gooddeals.com/products/7/Dazer-Ultrasonic-Dog-Deterrent.aspx

Cheers

where do you find them in thailand. 20 million tourist would buy one each for a start.

I have seen them for sale in Big C Extra (old carrefour) central pattaya road. Top floor outside of the main supermarket, a stall that sells watches, key chains, binoculars, and lots of other small but interesting items. If you have difficulty finding it PM me and I'll send a photo to you.

• 6 years later...

Dear  pattayapete69,

I have read just read your post today.

If you are still in Thailand, and  suffer the same trouble arising from the vicious neighborhood dogs, I can show you the solution which is extremely cheap, easy, and effective.

It is the vinegar spray.

Dogs' sense of smell is 50000 times keener than man.

And the smell of vinegar is one of the things they hate worst.

A few rounds of sour shower will keep them away probably forever.

Unless they are true idiots that never learns.

Just in case, carry this device around you while you walk your dogs(of any sizes).

As well as when you are out and about by yourself.

Please refer to my recent posting below.

性悪犬画像15 (5).jpg

防犬銃発砲場面決定稿.jpg

走って逃げる犬の写真.png

防犬銃吊り下げホルダー入り収納.jpg

Professionally managed, tightly controlled condo....no kids, no pets, no hassle.......would love to move to house with a private pool.....so many good deals to be had......but the risk of poor neighbours means it is just not worth it.

Dogs barking, loud music, parties, people shouting, cars and bikes revving up......no thanks. 

For dogs lovers please excuse me. In circumstances like this I would pay someone to feed those dogs with tranquillizers put in bite size foods. It will put the dog to sleep or make them mild. Good isn't it?

Don't do it yourself otherwise the neighbour knows and you in trouble.

First check with the Vet doctor how much tranquillizer to use to calm the dog.  So don't overdose.

Because your neighbor don't follow the rules ,they don't control their dogs, it gives you the right to take action to calm their dogs. Just do it, like the NIKE says, Just do it!

6+ year old thread.

If it's an issue, have a discussion with the village pooyai baan. Or file a police report. Beware of doing anything illegal as it will come back to bite you (pun intended).

On 6/11/2014 at 7:03 AM, fabphil said:

not so kinda kinda way... straight bleach

Straight bleach is highly  corrosive and pretty dangerous to keep in your pocket, bag, and sheathe.

Accidental spill on your eyes can blind you. Seriously enough.

Vinegar is  lot safer to the users.

Will stun and deter hostile dogs. But no permanent  harm to your eyes.