Five dead in Las Vegas shootings

webfact

Five dead in Las Vegas shootings

LAS VEGAS: -- Two people have shot and killed two police officers in the US city of Las Vegas, before killing another person and then shooting themselves.

The incident began in a pizza cafe at 11:30 (18:30 GMT) on Sunday, when a man and a woman shot at the two officers who were having lunch.

They then entered a Walmart shop nearby and shot one person dead, before committing suicide.

Police say there are no other suspects in the shooting.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/27757928

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-06-09

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In less than one week, we had the gunman on the Seattle Campus.

We had the gunman at the Georgia courthouse.

And now we have this heartbreaking cold-blooded mass shooting.

When is the senseless gun violence going to stop?

What is it going to take for Americans to recognize they have a serious problem and it needs to be treated?

Unfortunately they will never treat it...and yet they will try to tell the rest of the world they should live their way... :-(

• Like 1

This century might wind up being called 'The Age of Raving Mental Illness.' We had 'The Middle Ages' - Now, we've got the 'The Cruel Ages.'

It has been this way since people started inhabiting the earth. Hate and violence is the human condition and not likely to change for many centuries.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Las Vegas shooting, 5 reported killed

LAS VEGAS, 9 June 2014 (NNT) – On Sunday, two armed attackers, a male and a female went into a pizza restaurant called CiCi’s Pizza in Las Vegas, Nevada, in the USA, and yelled “This is the start of a revolution” before shooting two Las Vegas policemen dead.

The two attackers then fled into a Walmart store across the road and shot a civilian dead, before killing themselves. The cause of the violence, the identities of the perpetrators and the names of those killed, will later be revealed by the Clark County Office of the Coroner/Medical Examiner.

Meanwhile, the pizza restaurant and Walmart store in Las Vegas are closed for forensic inspection.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-09 footer_n.gif

Sad part I knew one of the officers killed he was married and had kids hell of a nice guy too.Guess better book my flight for the funeral.

My family has several LEO's in it. My heart goes out to the slain officers' children.

i have a different view,i say when you take away a mans self worth ,you leave him an empty shell,feeling useless,hopeless and jelous...enter the ''drug cocktails''and you have a recipiet for disaster..some.people have become lazy, and relyant of govt handouts,spare time is the devils playground...this is the new world,get used to it...guns have little to do with it....

• Like 2

What is it going to take for Americans to recognize they have a serious problem and it needs to be treated?

why does anyone necessarily need treatment?ermm.gif

The attackers shouted "This is a revolution".

Where would America be today if everyone in 1775 had cried out for people to be treated?ph34r.png

why does anyone necessarily need treatment?ermm.gif

The attackers shouted "This is a revolution".

Where would America be today if everyone in 1775 had cried out for people to be treated?ph34r.png

I had stated the "problem" of gun violence needs treatment. It needs to be recognized and efforts made to correct it.

You have suggested that some people need treatment. I suppose you are correct.

i have a different view,i say when you take away a mans self worth ,you leave him an empty shell,feeling useless,hopeless and jelous...enter the ''drug cocktails''and you have a recipiet for disaster..some.people have become lazy, and relyant of govt handouts,spare time is the devils playground...this is the new world,get used to it...guns have little to do with it....

Guns do have something to do with it when they are the "go-to" tool of choice for the new American you describe.

• Like 1

One of the biggest problems in America is the way the police treat other people. I know they are supposed to protect the public and uphold the law. How about getting off your big ego trip and treat others as you would want to be treated. I'm not saying these shootings are justified not does anyone deserve to die. I would like the police force of Las Vegas to become better trained at treating others as human beings. They treat my like shit and I often feel like I'm being harassed and persucuted for no apparent reason. It's like they focus on petty stuff and let the real criminals do as they please. It's sad what law enforcement has become in Las Vegas.

• Like 2

29 people shot in Chicago over the weekend, but you won't find that on the front page. Not even page 3 or 4.

Maybe they don't want to be seen as the next 'Detroit'.

...but it's coming.

This news is always reported in the Chicago Sun-Times and the Chicago Tribune.

I don't know why national syndicated news doesn't pick up on it.

Possibly for fear they will be accused of racial overtones.

• Like 1

It's been proven over and over. The cities/nations with the most stringent gun control laws have the highest rates of murder by guns. The answer is to deal with the mentally ill, not gun owners. Period.

Yep, and the tropical countries have the most aggressive mosquito control efforts, which must be the reason that malaria is so common in these countries.

I am going to take a wild guess you do not live in Chicago.

I was visiting my daughter and her family in Chicago. A friend of theirs is a Hispanic 30-year old father of two boys. His household includes himself, his mother, his wife and their two sons. There had been a shooting a few doors down from his house over the weekend and he said it was quite common in his neighborhood of Pilsen. He was asked why he doesn't carry a gun. He laughed and said, "The shootings are gang related. The neighborhood is full of teenage and 20-something year old gangbangers. He said if he were to shoot one of these guys that would be placing a death warrant on himself and his entire family and it would take only days to be carried out.

So you go ahead and parrot the naive claims of a correlation between gun violence and strict concealed carry laws. But wahatever you do don't actually make your suggestions to the people who actually live with the violence daily. I wouldn't want you to be faced with reality.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 2

One of the biggest problems in America is the way the police treat other people...They treat my like shit and I often feel like I'm being harassed and persucuted for no apparent reason. It's like they focus on petty stuff and let the real criminals do as they please. It's sad what law enforcement has become in Las Vegas.

So which is it? They stop you for no apparent reason at all or for the fact you are doing petty stuff? If you are doing petty stuff that is illegal then its their job to approach you and is not that they are persecuting you. You were chosen for your own actions.

The problem with American shooters is, "THAT THEY ARE BEING TREATED!!!" that is the main problem! Because 95% of American school and public shooters are on doctor prescribed psychological drugs with suicidal, violent, mind bending side effects (gee we are not in Kansas anymore Dorothy?)!

Example:

SSRI drugs are known to cause violence, mania, hostility, aggression, psychosis, and other violent type reactions. Plus insomnia, agitation, anxiety, nervousness, restlessness, apathy, disinhibited behavior, demotivation and a personality change similar to the effects of lobotomy.

Fact: At least least 31 school shootings and/or school-related acts of violence have been committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs resulting in 162 wounded and 72 killed (in other school shootings, information about their drug use was never made publicneither confirming or refuting if they were under the influence of prescribed drugs).

Of the 31 shooters documented to be under the influence of psychiatric drugs, ten were seeing either a psychiatrist or psychologist.

Happy Healthy Trails

Doc Blake

PS

The shooters at Columbine Colorado High School actually set enough high explosives in the school to kill almost everyone there, but they failed to go off. So the boys settled for shooting as many as they could instead of just mopping up as they had planned.

PSS

You see the press in the USA does not interfer with the doctor pusher drug business, it makes far too much money. Easier to blame guns for the problem and shaft the Constitution. This is just the tip of the crazy things going on in the USA today?

Reference:

Suicidality, violence and mania caused by selective ...

www.breggin.com/31-49.p, Peter Breggin

So Doc, you mean if we quit treating people for mental illness then we will no longer have any gun violence?

Exactly what type of doctor are you?

This American does recognize we have a serious problem. Unfortunately our politicians have been bought and paid for by the NRA as well as others. We also should repeal and replace our second amendment which I don't see happening in my lifetime. The amount of gun deaths in America is staggering and will continue.

Americans don't need to repeal the 2nd Amendment, they need to simply enforce it as it was written. Or, if you prefer, in the spirit it was written. The key sentence: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Note: 'A well-regulated militia' It doesn't say homeowners or shop owners.

One would assume that the cops were armed though eh?

Remember the NRA presidents words?:

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun'"

Idiot.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

One of the biggest problems in America is the way the police treat other people...They treat my like shit and I often feel like I'm being harassed and persucuted for no apparent reason. It's like they focus on petty stuff and let the real criminals do as they please. It's sad what law enforcement has become in Las Vegas.

So which is it? They stop you for no apparent reason at all or for the fact you are doing petty stuff? If you are doing petty stuff that is illegal then its their job to approach you and is not that they are persecuting you. You were chosen for your own actions.

I believe this is the kind of thing mrowe is referring toblink.png