• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

must we have 100% right answers ?

95% will do

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just back from taking my test today and failed at 2 attempts ! First attempt I managed a result of 41 out of 50 ... 2nd attempt 43 out of 50 with totally different questions the second time ? ..When asking for an explanation was told I needed 45 minimum and "come back tomorrow try again....seems like you get 2 shots at it per day no charge for a failure. Back to the drawing board for me lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the test today....

Finished and was sure 95 % correct SURE... Had a heart attack only 5 right please this is wrong I used the Falang answers ?

in Bold and all signs correct. is going on in Banglamung Pattaya computers. Tell me please ;;; Are the BOLD ANSWERS correct on the NET ?

They read as they are. But I got failed ?

Help Please ?

Tom

(DELETED)

Edited by seedy
personal details

I did the test today....

Finished and was sure 95 % correct SURE... Had a heart attack only 5 right please this is wrong I used the Falang answers ?

in Bold and all signs correct. <deleted> is going on in Banglamung Pattaya computers. Tell me please ;;; Are the BOLD ANSWERS correct on the NET ?

They read as they are. But I got failed ?

Help Please ?

Tom

The right answers in the online tests are in bold, but the link from this thread seems to be broken.

Did you check the answers once completing the test? They are supposed to go thru the wrong answers with you, and that should give you an idea if there was a glitch.

5 correct answers out of 50 doesn't sound right. Were you able to access the practice tests?

I was at my local Transport Office last week getting the 5 year licences and it was absolutely packed out with Thais taking the driving tests. I commented I'd never seen it so busy and they told me it's because a new much harder theory test is being introduced soon.

You are approaching an intersection when the light turns yellow. You should:

a. accelerate as quickly as possible disregarding the fact that the light is now red;

b. honk your horn and blink your lights to let right-of-way traffic with a green light know you don't plan to stop;

c. never kiss your girl friend in public and respect you mother and father;

d. all of the above

Edited by connda

sat bike test today in pissin rain, everybody passed as i dont think the staff really bothered looking! then inside for the theory, thanks to reading through the questions using the link on thaivisa i finished in 16minutes with 46 out of 50, i think only 2 of our group passed!! they were all scratching their heads sayin these questions make no sense lol.

I think this test is way harder if you are Thai, the young guys I chatted to seemed unaware that the questions are available online and that some of the questions are incorrect.

They memorize the Highway Code, some spent the full hour in the room.

And yes, I went to register my bike at 8.00 - Songkhla DLT was packed with young guys ( the last days of school holidays too )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back in my home country I drove cars and big bikes. I took (and am still taking) traffic safety as a serious issue. I did many additional safety courses and tests back home, just below professional and police driver levels - I passed them all. I confess, a sudden full braking on ice was (and I'm convinced still is) a challenge... as is also a sudden full braking on a bike in a curve at more than 50 km/h.

I know the traffic rules and regulations in my home country, including Europe, by heart.

I never had an accident in my 30 years driver's career of which I spent 5 years in Thailand (with a dl).

After browsing through the questions and answers provided here by the links in the op, it is clear to me, that the unbelievable traffic stunts and situations I experience in Thailand on a daily basis, do not exclusively originate from drivers without a driver's license, obviously.

The "new" theory tests are a dangerous, viciously evil joke. The authorities do everything to not improve anything in traffic safety. I believe the people in charge are not evil per se, they are just dangerously incompetent! Emotionally / Thai-wise they are not responisble for the daily bloodbath on our streets - But in fact they are a major source for a lot of the misery here - Besides the incalculable traffic police.

• 3 weeks later...

Took the test yesterday,"cold". 33 out of 50. "Come back after lunch". Need 45 to pass but missed by one question due to inattention. (Read the question dummy!) "You come back Mondaay 10 AM". There are a few questions that are vague gibberish and one that appeared plain wrong. Nobody could possibly understand without reviewing the test questions, have to guess.

Besides the links to the practice tests, the office I took my test at had an ATM/kiosk like computer with a practice test of 30 questions located to the side of the seating area where you wait to go in the room and take the actual computer test. I didn't even notice it the first time I took the test, but saw it when I went back to retest. It definitely helped. Not sure if all offices have them.

Edited by kentb21

Took the test yesterday,"cold". 33 out of 50. "Come back after lunch". Need 45 to pass but missed by one question due to inattention. (Read the question dummy!) "You come back Mondaay 10 AM". There are a few questions that are vague gibberish and one that appeared plain wrong. Nobody could possibly understand without reviewing the test questions, have to guess.

You will have problems without preparing and swot.

As you noticed there are questions very vague, more than one answer correct.

At least one plain wrong one.

E.g. this one:

post-99794-0-54921200-1436000177_thumb.j

Complete nonsense, but you have to tick it.

If your lucky you get this one giggle.gif which is correct:

post-99794-0-53935100-1436000308_thumb.j

The questions are full of grammatical/orthographical errors.

But who cares wink.png And that comes not from a village office but a central Bangkok office.

And of course depending from where you come from, you have to learn some "unusual"/"unexpected" rules.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yep, That is the one. Could not even find that symbol on the information poster with all the traffic signs.

Very hard to find and never seen in the wild.

"Not going straight" is very unusual,

Instead you will see "turn left/right" or "entry prohibited" signs.

Another very doubtful one:

post-99794-0-92847200-1436020125_thumb.j

I have seen a Thai language version of it and it very much sounded like answer 3 (which makes sense to me).

Crossing into and blocking the oncoming lane and wait there for frightened pedestrians?

Silly!

(sounds like the "real life" behaviour tongue.png )

Edited by KhunBENQ

My wife is planning to take the theory test shortly and I was looking for a set of test questions without the the correct answers shown in bold. Since the list of answers is given at the end you'd think that someone would have figured out that self testing is pretty tough with the current layout. The pdf is pasted together with images rather than text so its difficult to extract and dump the bold bits.

Anyone found a really useful test aid?

Honestly no.

Most in the same fashion.

Yoy are so right, for learning purposes they are rubbish.

I found one or the other in Thai language that looked like real online test, where she can tick and then see a result.

Like this one:

http://thai.rimnam.com/%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%95%E0%B9%8C/

(consist of 4 sets of tests).

With this query she will find more stuff to search for usability:

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%94&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=SOKbVZH_CsK5mAXO_pfwDg

The other extreme:

http://apps.dlt.go.th/e_exam/

This seems to cover the complete pool of 702 (?) questions in Thai.

But I could not find whether they also give the solutions somewhere?

Even sounds like there is a smartphone app for exercising? (not sure)

It is obvious that the test in Thai contains a much wider range of questions and that a big proportion of foreigners would fail with such a pool of questions. All that legal stuff e.g.

-----------------

I did my test for motorbike today with a shameful 47 points whistling.gif

I tried to reach a speed record at about 6 minutes.

Some of the Thais seem to have sit for the whole maximum one hour.

At least two of the complete nonsense questions involved which I got right tongue.png

One of those "true?" ... "not.... not..." double negation questions hit wrong because I did not read carefully.

One basically simple "left before right" question with an image contained four "English" language answers that I could not decipher.

Those wording were definitely not in the PDF materials.

A full two day (!) extremely boring sessions came to a happy end.

Sitting idle for long time, waiting in non AC aisles, listening to endless teaching sessions of two instructors/police officers in an icecold AC room.

Often repeating in the afternoon what has been said in the morning already.

Here in upcountry not a single word in English all over the whole office.

Exhausting, nerve wracking, inefficient, a complete joke.

Got the two year temporary motorcycle DL finally.

Many of the young Thais today missed the 45 point limit.

Most of them applying for motorcycle license,

Does the Thai test contains questions that are specific to motorcycle riders?

I dont't know.

The English version: exactly zero.

At the driving test the examiner told the youngsters that they have to wear a helmet AND close the latch cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

For what is done at the "driving test" there is a German word that translates like "trafiic kindergarten".

5 year olds on bicycles or pedal carts do what here is done as a driving test rolleyes.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys , just wondering something , i heard that you need to look a 4 hours DVD before getting the test . Does somebody know if you can take the test directly if you want ? or you have to look at their beautiful DVD for 4 hours first ? thanks

• 3 months later...

I was at my local Transport Office last week getting the 5 year licences and it was absolutely packed out with Thais taking the driving tests. I commented I'd never seen it so busy and they told me it's because a new much harder theory test is being introduced soon.

Do you have to take the test for your 5 year renewal?

Thanks