Take the new Thai driving test online!

^^

vs the one showing 2 cars correctly diagonally parked between their space lines...

Based on the size of the parking boxes, I would guess the parking space on picture 3 is reserved for bigger vehicles, likes buses?

And the space in pic. No1. could be an "emergency parking box"

Could, would, maybe, maybe not, bla bla....wai2.gif

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^

vs the one showing 2 cars correctly diagonally parked between their space lines...

Based on the size of the parking boxes, I would guess the parking space on picture 3 is reserved for bigger vehicles, likes buses?

And the space in pic. No1. could be an "emergency parking box"

Could, would, maybe, maybe not, bla bla....wai2.gif

This is a repeated question, and other questions show number 3 to be correct xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png

Note also some rules appear different from other countries. If that pdf here, it states you give way to the vehicle on the left when approaching an intersection, which is the opposite to the rule in Australia. The roundabout rule is to give way to the right (vehicles already on the roundabout). It seems many Thais confuse the rule - they come shooting onto the roundabout thinking they have right of way. They are treating it like an intersection. I hate roundabouts here!

Hi,

Sat for the bike test yesterday failed came home looked everywhere for books to help me give some chance of passing.

Got on to thai visa found this link.

Big Thank You for this link and all the others.

i went today did the Test and Passed, it was 60 mins Thanks to the great information and going over all three test time and time again.

When i sat in front of the computer it was a breeze I was done in 11 mins.

I was at my wits ends yesterday, but thanks to the kind folks here I passed.

So now am the proud owner of a car & motorbike license.

I have already told many at the Testing Station today about the link and thai Visa.

Hoping others can pass Thanks to your efforts and kindness.

Wanphen ???☺️

If it was a new license you got (vs renewal), curious if it was for one or five years? I go back in on Monday.

Also, I hope the Testing Station you told about the link does the right thing and spreads the good word to help others pass. I hope they don't act to take the info down, as it is a pretty close copy of their test.

Hi,

Sat for the bike test yesterday failed came home looked everywhere for books to help me give some chance of passing.

i went today did the Test and Passed, it was 60 mins Thanks to the great information and going over all three test time and time again.

I have already told many at the Testing Station today about the link and thai Visa.

Wanphen ???☺️

If it was a new license you got (vs renewal), curious if it was for one or five years? I go back in on Monday.

Also, I hope the Testing Station you told about the link does the right thing and spreads the good word to help others pass. I hope they don't act to take the info down, as it is a pretty close copy of their test.

Hi,

Wanphen ???☺️

Those tests are pdf files. You can save them to your computer.

I am not even going to justify that I am a good driver. I took the test 3 times and cannot pass it, now they want me to get the doctor's certificate again, and go to immigration to pay another 500baht before taking the test again. It is not possible to pass. The test will ask the exact same question 2-4 on the test, the answer is different each time, and other times the correct option/answer is not even an option to choose. The test ask me two questions about what does the sign mean, and there was no picture of a sign to be seen. I showed this most basic answer to three of the "government officials" and they just agree with the test, despite contradicting themselves each time. Unbelievable!

• 3 weeks later...

Took the test today (both driving and theory) at the Chonburi Transportation Office.

The driving test is more of a parallel parking test and shouldn't be a problem to anyone who has been driving before.

As for the theory test, there is absolutely no way to fail it if you study the E-exams posted in this thread. Spent less than 20 min on the real test and received a perfect score of 50.

I went this morning to the Dept of Land Transport on Sukhumvit Road. I have a copy of my valid USA license, and the original of an old Thai license. My Oregon license was lost/stolen a couple of years ago, and I've been using the photo copy since then without any difficulty. Anyway, the Thai authorities said I have to go through the complete process, driver's education, eye test, written test, and driving test. I am 65 and am driving since I was 15 1/2.

Anyway the process is arduous. I waited for time to get my paper work approved, then I was directed to wait for my eye and reflex test. Those two took about 3 hours. Then I was told to go to floor 3 and have the written exam, which is now given by computer. There are fifty questions, none of which seemed particularly difficult, but I failed the first time by getting only 28 correct, and the second time on 34, and I was told to come back again to try again tomorrow, as I am only allowed to try twice in one day. What a nightmare.

As mentioned by others, it seems the English version is not very sensible and needs improvement. I will try again tomorrow and hope for a better result.

I am going to study the E Exams now. Sadly there was nothing in the Bangkok office in the form of a book or a practice computer. Some of the questions really made no sense to me and I was just guessing really.

I am going to study the E Exams now. Sadly there was nothing in the Bangkok office in the form of a book or a practice computer. Some of the questions really made no sense to me and I was just guessing really.

You will recognize most if not all questions from the real exam. Some of the questions are repeated 4-5 times in the real exam, probably due to a flawed random generator. The 'correct parking' question came up 5 times in my exam...

I take it you will do the driving test as well. Note that they allow for a maximum of 7 corrections during the parallel parking.

Good luck!

Thank you Scarf! I've been driving for 45 years and never failed a drivers test in my life, but yesterday I failed the Thai license computer test twice, the second time by only one question. I could not believe how vague and unclear some of the questions were, but the worst thing is the postage stamp size photos that they require you to respond to that need to be much clearer and larger.

I can't believe they don't print out a few pages of study information or sample test questions or any way you can prepare for the exam, and even after you fail there's nothing they provide to help you learn from your experience so you can be better prepared next time. I've been searching the Internet for any info and there is almost nothing, until of course good old Thaivisa came through thanks to you! Now I know I will pass when I go back on Monday :-) Thanks again!!

I've just failed the computer test twice also. I am driving world wide for 50 years without more than a couple of fender benders. I was amazed that thee was no booklet to study before taking the test, at least nothing in English. After failing and being told to reappear tomorrow, I looked the topic up here and am now studying the three sample tests. They are most helpful and I think I should be okay tomorrow. Thank you for all your help.

• 2 weeks later...

For someone who is not a native speaker of English, this is a great help. It shows us that the wording of some questions is unusual and could mislead us. BTW, I expected 50 different questions, but I got the parking pictures 5 times!

For someone who is not a native speaker of English, this is a great help. It shows us that the wording of some questions is unusual and could mislead us. BTW, I expected 50 different questions, but I got the parking pictures 5 times!

Yes, the parking question is very frequent, and so are some others. The test is made up by randomly drawing 50 questions from a pool of around 200 questions, many very similar to each other. Everyone that takes the three practice tests should pass ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Scarf! I've been driving for 45 years and never failed a drivers test in my life, but yesterday I failed the Thai license computer test twice, the second time by only one question. I could not believe how vague and unclear some of the questions were, but the worst thing is the postage stamp size photos that they require you to respond to that need to be much clearer and larger.

I can't believe they don't print out a few pages of study information or sample test questions or any way you can prepare for the exam, and even after you fail there's nothing they provide to help you learn from your experience so you can be better prepared next time. I've been searching the Internet for any info and there is almost nothing, until of course good old Thaivisa came through thanks to you! Now I know I will pass when I go back on Monday :-) Thanks again!!

I've just failed the computer test twice also. I am driving world wide for 50 years without more than a couple of fender benders. I was amazed that thee was no booklet to study before taking the test, at least nothing in English. After failing and being told to reappear tomorrow, I looked the topic up here and am now studying the three sample tests. They are most helpful and I think I should be okay tomorrow. Thank you for all your help.

If you are holding a full licence then it must vary with dept. All I did was the 4 physical tests, colour ,reaction, depth perception and peripheral vision, then paid the fee.

• 4 weeks later...

I have today (28/10/14) attempted the new test.

After the usual Thai beauracratic stuff , then waiting 5 hours I did the test .Arrived at 9:45am to be told that I could do the test at 3:30pm.

I had been given a handbook with Thai road signs , road markings etc and a few photocopies pages with other basic info.

It is a computerised test . You have 60 mins to answer 50 questions and MUST get at least 45 correct.

YOU can guess that I failed .................41 out of 50.

The questions that I got wrong were MAINLY to do with turning and right of way ...............( I had NOT been given any info on this at all. So as an Australian driver of over 40 years .................you can guess again , I applied Australian right of way rules and was WRONG every time.).

The questions in these TRIAL TESTS were ALL in the test that I did. I have now studied these ...and YES , THE CORRECT ANSWERS ARE ALL IN BOLD PRINT .

I will re-do the test tomorrow morning. Aiming for 100%.And hopefully the practical driving test the same afternoon

The most questions were on ..........................Correct parking probably asked about 6 times.

.......................... legal u turns 4 times

............................ right of way 6 times

...........................common traffic signs 5 times

............................legal vehicles 6 times ( beware the tank)

Personally , I didnt think the test was that hard. Just the ( to me) ridiculous right of way ( give way to car entering major road from the left from minor side road) ruleS.

BUT .......................................T I T

The questions that I got wrong were MAINLY to do with turning and right of way ...............( I had NOT been given any info on this at all. So as an Australian driver of over 40 years .................you can guess again , I applied Australian right of way rules and was WRONG every time.).

There is a question on the real test concerning right of way, where the wrong answer (give way to car from the right) is deemed correct. I did the test in August so they might have corrected it since.

There is a question on the real test concerning right of way, where the wrong answer (give way to car from the right) is deemed correct. I did the test in August so they might have corrected it since.

I don't think they have changed it, there is also a question about parking, and the car is parked in a no parking zone. This error has been in it for years.

The question came up 3x in my test, and I failed due to it .. So, cross reference all of those pdf questions from the website, maybe write the question number on your hand.

On my first test, i thought it would be a breeze, so i didn't really study the questions, i just read them - resulted in a retest the next day for which i studied, and resulted in 100% within 5 minutes of entering.

I printed them out, divided them into 3 difficulty levels and guess what, the easiest ones are the ones are the ones that are continually repeated. So i don't think its a random generator issue, i think its a method that enables a higher pass rate.

• 2 weeks later...

I just left there having failed. I missed thirteen questions (you can only miss five). When I left I had no idea which of the ones I might have gotten wrong until I saw this. Now i know which ones I got wrong. I wish i would have seen this yesterday.

BTW I screwed up on the driving part too but the instructor wasn't paying attention so I passed the driving part for motorbike.

I just left there having failed. I missed thirteen questions (you can only miss five). When I left I had no idea which of the ones I might have gotten wrong until I saw this.

Actually they are supposed to go through the questions you missed with you. No harm done though as they are easy enough to spot in the practice test, as you pointed out.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the motorbike license yesterday after failing on the driving last week (a PCX is not recommended for the balance test). Came back with a smaller bike this time and passed it without any problems.

Theory test is a repeat of the one in the car test (needs to be done one time only if a license for bike and car is done on the same occasion)

Archived