Take the new Thai driving test online!

New driving test?

I tried three different links, they end up in English language pdf's with 30 questions.

The new test is supposed to have 50 questions, isn't it?

The "E-exam English" is dead, not a link.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to love some of them......... It is prohibited to operate a motor vehicle if you feel the onset of a heart attack........... How do you feel the onset of a heart attack ? is there some training school what a onset of a heart attack feels like ? could just be heart burn.

far more sensible question and answer would be ...... It is prohibited to operate a motor vehicle if your drunk..

Edit: wonder if there is a question about driving on the hard shoulder ? appears everyone does, see lots of accidents and the Ambulance and Police cannot get there as that is also full of cars.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Must i pass the new test to get new 5 years validity ? I've already motorcycle and car driving licences since 6 years.

I recently (early May) obtained a new 5 year license at Chon Buri, no test, just the normal copies and fees. GL!

LOL!

This is classic Thailand.

Brilliant stuff, Tinglish all over the place.

Thailand this is why i love you!!

Never a dull moment!

From what I've seen around Chiang Mai, pictures 2 and 3 seem fairly usual also.

Parking exactly at an intersection is so unsafe, but it seems so common.

However, fines only seem to be issued for parking next to a red and white marking.

This is so funny and they are not dealing with the true problems with driving here. What I find incredible is there is no test for the eyes per sae . What I mean is if you do or do not need to wear glasses when driving

No test for that just color, depth and color peripheral vision No test for how well you can see without glasses. I would assume if they tested for this accidents in the kingdom would drop.

How the hell can you drive if you need glasses but don t wear them. This is just plain stupidity nothing else.

Get rid of the peripheral vision test and test for true vision .And I know someone will argue well there are Thais that cannot read. Ok I accept that Set up a method for them to have eye tests as well with common symbols . And force Thais to use child restraint seats. This will reduce injuries it it is done.

This message is for the Minister of Transportation here in Thailand . If anyone can translate this and forward it on to this minister maybe they will understand it better

If they'll only do it like we did in England!!! Then it would not be Thailand any longer; and while they're at it change everything else to just like we did it back home.....and then where will you move to escape the expense and stupidity that you left behind? Had to get that rant off me chest!

It is reported that the instructor will take a truck driver applicant outside to the parking lot containing several vehicles types and if the app. can, successfully, 2 of 3 tries, point to a truck , he passes !

The bus driver (PSV) is a similar course, after identifying the correct vehicle, the instructor produces a starting pistol and the applicant is required to run 2 KM within 10 minutes or before the cops show up.

ETS: I still dont understand the test, the black answer is the correct one, then whats the silver arrow for ? second best or close one ? half point ?

This is just like the crib sheets we give the kids at school before an exam.

This is so funny and they are not dealing with the true problems with driving here. What I find incredible is there is no test for the eyes per sae . What I mean is if you do or do not need to wear glasses when driving

No test for that just color, depth and color peripheral vision No test for how well you can see without glasses. I would assume if they tested for this accidents in the kingdom would drop.

How the hell can you drive if you need glasses but don t wear them. This is just plain stupidity nothing else.

Get rid of the peripheral vision test and test for true vision .And I know someone will argue well there are Thais that cannot read. Ok I accept that Set up a method for them to have eye tests as well with common symbols . And force Thais to use child restraint seats. This will reduce injuries it it is done.

This message is for the Minister of Transportation here in Thailand . If anyone can translate this and forward it on to this minister maybe they will understand it better

They are not wearing glasses because "no have". Money for glasses is much better spent elsewhere...

When you see a group of Japanese, Koreans and such, more than half are wearing glasses. Seems Asians have no good eyes. Thais for sure.

Even with a perfect vision, there is a problem between the eyes and the brain (if there is such thing at all).

I just took a long trip with my sister on the passanger seat. She had no clue what was going on in front of her. She was shaking left and right, forth and back every time I took a curve orhad to break (which is often necessary here).

Furthermore she always thinks I am joking when I tell her to buckle up. She is just laughing and playing with the belt like putting it under her arm and such. As soon as we leave the highway, she tries to take it off, Why???! "No police."

I think I just lost the hope that they could make driving safer in Thailand. I only went through the first test. Is there any question about having 20 people sitting in the back of your pick up truck?

Do they actually have codified traffic regulations in this country or is it 'make it up on the fly.'

Honestly, can some one point me to a English version of the traffic regulations used in Thailand. Please.

Doesn't look like a new test to me. The images are horrible, some text is closer to Giberish then English or Tenglish. Some questions and answers are pretty poor.

Test 1, question 5 (?): Should be "Do not enter, this is a one way street, traffic comes from the opposite/other direction".

Question about two cars turning left (apparantly marked A and B but you can't tell), confusing question. I thought it might be asking who goes first, but it seems to ask who is making the turn the best way. Which must be vehicle A that is one pixel closer to hugging the curb then B is hugging the centre of the road...

Exam 2, Q21: proper parking. i'd say picture 3, inside a parking lot. Nope, answer 1... That would work but it's hardly the best parking space or method is it? Or perhaps those two cars in image 3 are parked over a wheelchair symbol and thus parking illegally in a disabled parking space, might be since the space seems huge compared to the car. 555

Edit: what's the 4th picture about with the yellow symbol and blue errr...whatever that might be...object?

Edit2: Q28 Car A in red with a traffic light indicating green for traffic going up and down inthis image and red for traffic from left and right. So you'd think that car A can proceed straight ahead. But apparantly you have to stop and let car B (from the left who either faced a broken or missing tradfic light or they did't borher to include a traffic light in the drawing) go first, is the driver being blinded by the car comming from the opposit direction with it's headlights on? Lol.

oh dear... I look at the photo above and think none are parking correctly - they point towards the first image but how's that parking properly when there's parking spaces to his right! The on E1 Q10 they use the word 'stopping' instead of 'indicating'.... Q21 the same as Q2.... Q23 is a bit misleading. Oh well, what the heck

oh dear... I look at the photo above and think none are parking correctly - they point towards the first image but how's that parking properly when there's parking spaces to his right! The on E1 Q10 they use the word 'stopping' instead of 'indicating'.... Q21 the same as Q2.... Q23 is a bit misleading. Oh well, what the heck

I had another look, I think in Q21 car B has stopped on the crossing itself and would therefor be blocking traffic. So he should have stopped about half a car sooner. I think it would have been more obvious if they showed more of the surroundings.

I feel so left out. The links don't work with FireFox!

edit.. Got it to work. Not sure I feel any better . . .

The links work with firefox i downnloaded english and thai pdf files

Maybe you are waiting for a new web page ?? it is a pdf file that is downloaded

Archived