Does Phuket have any good bread?

golfbum

Villa Market in Cherng Telay carries a very good brand, The Gastro (albeit an unappetizing name) in several appealing-to-foreigner-varieties, and is very well priced.

BAKE has some great breads, but is beyond overpriced. And I'm informed by the manager that the 140 baht whole wheat bread is really only about 15% whole wheat flour, just enough to give it colour.

There is a woman named Paula who is based in Kamala and will make bread and other bakery items on order, and will deliver. A bit pricey of course

Lady Pie in Cherng-Telay carries her breads but seems to sell out quickly.

Anyone want her contact, PM me and I'll give you her number

Yamazaki in Central and Tesco.

The Bakery (good name wink.png) two doors up from Tesco @ Park, Rawai.

It's all sweet stuff. Yuk.

Sent from my D6503 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No it isn't.

I like bread with big holes and and a crunchy crust.

Basler Brot <http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/13483/bread-basel> or

Solothurner Brot.

The bread in Phuket that comes closest is the "Pain d'Antan" from Villa market. Must put it in the oven again, to make it crunchy.

I also use a Kenwood breadmaker once in a while. The bread is OK.

Mani in Kata (a Bavarian) makes good bread. (And serves Weisswurst every Saturday morning, with a delicious Bretzel)

Flintsone (former Flintstone) a Swiss, makes good bread, and delicious birthday cakes. And excellent Croissants!

Schmidt <www.choco-schmidt.co> has a lot of different flours.

Also Gerbera house in Phuket town has a lot of stuff, if you like baking.

Buy one of them kitchen bread makers - not hard to made just put the ingredient in and press start - done in about an hour. I never did it but know someone that makes very tasty fresh bread with one of them.

I know someone who just bought one and is now trying to find all the ingredients. rolleyes.gif

About 8,000 baht, bottom floor Central dept. store.

Only use the machine to take the work out of dough making.

Never heard of a pre-mix but all ingredients are available at any supermarket then cook it in your own oven.

Bei Otto Bakery , suk 22 in Bangkok makes the best european bread available in Thailand. No competition .

http://www.beiotto.com/

They deliver to Pattaya, Villa Market and Friendship . So try to ask at Villa Market in Phuket if its possible to order it from Bangkok.

Bei Otto Bakery , suk 22 in Bangkok makes the best european bread available in Thailand. No competition .

http://www.beiotto.com/

They deliver to Pattaya, Villa Market and Friendship . So try to ask at Villa Market in Phuket if its possible to order it from Bangkok.

Phuket has 2 certified master bakers, if you are going to post bread (which is not a good idea) then go diret to the source

Thanks for all the feedback. There are quite a few bakeries here that I will certainly seek out and try. Conkey's Bakery in Bangkok is without a doubt the best bread I have tasted in Thailand, or anywhere else in Asia for that matter. They're thinking of opening in Phuket, but at the top end of the price range so not sure how successful it will be. Definitely worth the price though, in my humble opinion. Just wish I didn't have to wait to someone to travel from Bangkok to bring me some!

You can try the bread section in BigC in JungCeylon (Patong) or Flint Bakery on ChaoFa East Rd.

You think Big C and Flint Bakery sell good bread!?!

Agree with you there. Flints does have excellent birthday cakes though.

You can try the bread section in BigC in JungCeylon (Patong) or Flint Bakery on ChaoFa East Rd.

You think Big C and Flint Bakery sell good bread!?!

I have no issues with bread from these two outlets.

Then you must be either American or British. Real european or Scandinavian bread you will not find at Big C, thats for sure.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo

8 off topic posts about the location of Tesco have been removed, and my own post that started those posts has been edited for the sake of location accuracy. Thank you.

About time too, it was like watching an animal in pain waiting to be put down.

As for the post on baked beans; same reply to bread, make your own.