Junta cancels free flights of THAI board members

webfact

Yet another outstanding call. $hit I can honestly say I am really enjoying this. Criminals, corrupt officials, politicians and top ender kick backs ALL getting what comes to them. whistling.gif

Long, long overdue. Well done NCPO. clap2.gif

brownnoser_award_anadi.jpg

78 + Likers and you call it brown nosing. You are a negative person

• Like 1

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another outstanding call. $hit I can honestly say I am really enjoying this. Criminals, corrupt officials, politicians and top ender kick backs ALL getting what comes to them. whistling.gif

brownnoser_award_anadi.jpg

Yes, a genuine contender but the competition is fierce with the conga line of suckholes in full performance mode

At least give Mark Latham credit for stealing his line.

What is happening must really be galling you and your ilk. Suck it up princesses there's a new sheriff in town and he is achieving things way beyond any redshirts capability.

Edited by Mudcrab
  • Like 1

I think the National Council for Peace and Order is low on rhetoric and high of implementation; there appears to be solid thought in the measures they are putting in place.

IMO, another way of solidifying their position (through helping the population) would be a good look at 'adverse possession' where unknown numbers of Thai's live in a house (they built) on land they do not own; many forced into paying loan-sharks exorbitant interest rates, that can double a debt inside two years ....

I think the National Council for Peace and Order is low on rhetoric and high of implementation; there appears to be solid thought in the measures they are putting in place.

IMO, another way of solidifying their position (through helping the population) would be a good look at 'adverse possession' where unknown numbers of Thai's live in a house (they built) on land they do not own; many forced into paying loan-sharks exorbitant interest rates, that can double a debt inside two years ....

I am not discrediting the things the Junta has said and done, and agree with measures like the THAI airways one, but surely on the grand scale of things there are far more pressing matters to be dealt with before this.

Surely until these things that are being mentioned are actually put into practice, then rhetoric is in fact high and so far implementation low.

I am surprised the honorable gentleman ACM Prajin who is now in charge of the economy and is chairman of the board of directors of THAI did not knock all these freebie flights on the head long ago.God forbid he himself has also been using this perk as the company has being going down the swanny. Hope he runs the country economy better than he has at THAI Airways,

I am not discrediting the things the Junta has said and done, and agree with measures like the THAI airways one, but surely on the grand scale of things there are far more pressing matters to be dealt with before this.

Surely until these things that are being mentioned are actually put into practice, then rhetoric is in fact high and so far implementation low.

I am surprised the honorable gentleman ACM Prajin who is now in charge of the economy and is chairman of the board of directors of THAI did not knock all these freebie flights on the head long ago.God forbid he himself has also been using this perk as the company has being going down the swanny. Hope he runs the country economy better than he has at THAI Airways,

How do you know that as chairman he didn't suggest these measures, but they were rejected by the majority? Perhaps that doesn't fit your POV.

How do you know that as chairman he didn't suggest these measures, but they were rejected by the majority? Perhaps that doesn't fit your POV.

I don't and you don't know he did, the same with any comments on here, 98% is opinion based, and follow each persons POV.

One thing for sure is we know that THAI is having massive problems, and when the buck stops for responsibility it would be close to him. Maybe he will fall on his sword now that he has a more lucrative position. I wonder whether now his is in charge of the economy it will be necessary for him to give up his directorships on these companies, surely it could be deemed a fairly large conflict of interest.

I purchased a promotional fare ticket for international travel then tried to upgrade to business class a few days later. I was told I couldn't pay for an upgrade unless I also paid a 3,000 Baht change fee. Ridiculous! I wanted to give them money and they wouldn't take it! Of course, there were empty seats in business on the outbound flight. We in economy didn't even get alcohol! And my promotional fare got me my choice of seats...as long as they were in the last 4 rows of the aircraft!

An insane way to run a business.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

so you bought a promotional fare with clear terms and conditions, but they did not suit you?

insane.

Edited by HooHaa

Ten Cheers for the Junta and the General, outstanding man and his assistants. I have said this for years, the board etc have got plenty of money. Pay them bonuses on the results of profits and for the money they get they should put in at least 12 hours a day.

The main thing short now is to get a top overseas company to search for a international top guy or lady to get the CEO job they would be well worth the money, they will never succeed with, sorry to say a Thai capable to do it. If they did this the Government must not interfere with the CEO,.

Long live the Junta and the General. Hip, Hip !!!!!!!!

I don't and you don't know he did, the same with any comments on here, 98% is opinion based, and follow each persons POV.

One thing for sure is we know that THAI is having massive problems, and when the buck stops for responsibility it would be close to him. Maybe he will fall on his sword now that he has a more lucrative position. I wonder whether now his is in charge of the economy it will be necessary for him to give up his directorships on these companies, surely it could be deemed a fairly large conflict of interest.

The board has a collective responsibility; a chairman is not a CEO. Interesting that you now recognise conflicts of interest, but AFAIK never mentioned this in relation to the wealthy landowners of the last government who personally profited from the rice scam. The pretense that it wasn't a Thaksin dictate and that they voted for it leads directly to accusations of corruption, something which hardly seems applicable in the scenario you propose.

They will get there cannot do all the things that should be done at the snap of fingers, all you TV experts calm down be a bit patient, am sure it will come the General is working on it, he will get it done as fast as possible.

I am sure the General is calling them for meetings very often and telling them to look at this and that.

• Like 1

The junta are doing things that should have been done long ago. Only difference is that they actually have the balls to do it. Every little thing counts. Bravo!

That's because they answer only to themselves!

Pray tell christian,who is my corrupt regime, i dont vote.Get over what,tell me what is wrong with my post???

Dont threaten me also

On the face of it , it looks you are pro PTP otherwise what are you gunning for Suthep for and how much does he owe ??? and to who ???

The protests twisted round to being near lawful, now they found out what was really happening over the 3 years of Shins regime.

If he has to answer to anything he will, his turn will come. At lest he hasn't flown out to see the world cupcheesy.gif

I am pro nothing, i cannot vote, have you heard of devil,s advocate. Corruption is endemic in Thailand whover runs the country,google Suthep life, he is just as bad.

If you are as you claim, why keep mentioning Suthep and illegal protests. If you were neutral you could have said the illegal governing of PTP and the vast amounts of missing monies.

So being "nothing" I'll say again of all the corrupt people in politics you have to mention him and the "unlawful protesters" strange when you support nothing/no one ..........................mmmmmmmnnn

• Like 1

There was one moment in the distant past when not only did ministers command and get first class seats for themselves, their families and their entourage but also started demanding the frequent flyer points for these flights as well. Cheeky sods.

I am surprised the honorable gentleman ACM Prajin who is now in charge of the economy and is chairman of the board of directors of THAI did not knock all these freebie flights on the head long ago.

"I am not discrediting".... followed by uninformed discrediting. *sigh*

Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong has been Chairman of Thai Airways International Public Company Limited since March 10, 2014

Pray tell christian,who is my corrupt regime, i dont vote.Get over what,tell me what is wrong with my post???

On the face of it , it looks you are pro PTP otherwise what are you gunning for Suthep for and how much does he owe ??? and to who ???

The protests twisted round to being near lawful, now they found out what was really happening over the 3 years of Shins regime.

If he has to answer to anything he will, his turn will come. At lest he hasn't flown out to see the world cupcheesy.gif

I am pro nothing, i cannot vote, have you heard of devil,s advocate. Corruption is endemic in Thailand whover runs the country,google Suthep life, he is just as bad.

If you are as you claim, why keep mentioning Suthep and illegal protests. If you were neutral you could have said the illegal governing of PTP and the vast amounts of missing monies.

So being "nothing" I'll say again of all the corrupt people in politics you have to mention him and the "unlawful protesters" strange when you support nothing/no one ..........................mmmmmmmnnn

it's known as :

Disingenuous - Merriam-Webster Online
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disingenuous
dis·in·gen·u·ous. adjective \ˌdis-in-ˈjen-yə-wəs, -yü-əs-\. : not truly honest or sincere : giving the false appearance of being honest or sincere ...

I know exactly what you mean. Someone, is doing something. After a long run of two fabulously inept, incapable, inert, fairly cowardly, and not particularly creative administration of Abhisit, then the Yingbat, it is refreshing to see some action, to improve this place. Of course, now we have to wait to see if the notoriously corrupt and weak judiciary is willing to sentence any of the people removed. They punks are very rich, and the judiciary can be easily bought here. But, at least there will be a loss of job, a loss of face, and perhaps some improvement.

• Like 1

Notice, the cancellation of privileges is for board members. How many are there ...a dozen people? Whoopee.

What about the hundreds, maybe thousands of others who get privileged service and comp tickets on Thai Air? I'm referring to politicians, probably military and police brass, and possibly corp heads - all of whom are already rich anyway. And any airline which gives comp tickets, is almost certainly to give added tickets away to their family members, and possibly also friends and hangers-on - particularly if they're very attractive or very rich or powerful players.

A dozen board members doesn't sound like a very impressive clean-up.

On every Thai flight I have ever been on (Europe / Australia to or from Thailand) there have always been vacant seats. Unless the staff are taking up seats that would otherwise be filled by paying passengers I don't know that it will save money.

The extra administrative costs and the fuel to transport a 70kg person and their 20kg of luggage is negligible so how will it save money?

They might make money by doing some work. You are aware that Thai Airways are broke, don't you?

So you're inferring they won't save money by stopping the free flights? The money will be saved because the board members are actually taking the free flights during the times that they should be working?

That does not make sense as the board members would be on quite a high salary I would assume so the cost of a flight ticket will be insignificant and would not dissuade them from taking the flights that you infer impedes constructive work output.

If they are in fact taking flights that impede on work output then the General should implement a different work culture or put the board members on probation. Why are the board members still working if they take time off when they should be working. This is a question for the government and the share holders as it is state owned with public shares as well?

So what you're really saying is that the government and the shareholders are responsible for allowing the board members to get away with this "flights during work time" scenario?

Thai airways are not broke. They had a net lose of 12 billion baht in 2013 and expect the same this year.

So if anyone can answer my question it would be appreciated.

It really isn't that hard is it?

The board members influence over the company is greater than their getting free seats.

They guide the strategy of the whole company. And so far, since the departure of former TG President Piyasvasti Amranand have been doing a mightly lousy job at it.

It is the first step to some sort of accountablity at the airline, where for too long, the board and other senior positions have been trinkets to hand out to political favourites as rewards. The getting rid of free flights is the veritable rocket up the arse in terms of a warning to them to pull their socks up.

And to be cynical about it, it is probably pure political payback for the board sacking Piyasvasti.

Edited by samran

On every Thai flight I have ever been on (Europe / Australia to or from Thailand) there have always been vacant seats. Unless the staff are taking up seats that would otherwise be filled by paying passengers I don't know that it will save money.

The extra administrative costs and the fuel to transport a 70kg person and their 20kg of luggage is negligible so how will it save money?

There seems to be something sadly wrong with this pleasantly jerking knee. I like it to jerk at every excuse opportunity, but boring calm reasoning always gets in the way. Please help me, doctor. ;(

Attaboy! No visa problems for you.

Never, ever have " visa problems ". wink.png

Same here. Got my first visa in 1994. Simply meet the qualifications, abide by the rules and treat people with the same respect you want to be treated with. Works for me.

• Like 2

My last experince on Thai was like being on a Thai tour bus and being served a box lunch. Now one of the worst for International travel. Paid very high prices and got discount airline quality. Thai needs a complete remake of how they present their brand.

Thai used to be a quality carrier. Thanks for the memory Thai. Too bad it is only a memory and nothing like what they now offer.

I wonder if 7-11 is now preparing the meals for Thai?

If you compare Thai to 5 star airlines like Singapore or Cathay then of course it's nowhere near in terms of service. However, as airlines go, it's pretty good. I've always found the international service in both business and economy adequate and the food is surprisingly good in economy. Perhaps your 'last' experience was in a decade ago? Whatever the case, you're probably exaggerating.

I experienced same low quality service on a flight to London. I have also noted that their level of service has dropped in the past year. I am a frequent flyer so not just a one off experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by wales01