The Londoner is closing

millwall_fan

One of Bangkok's most hallowed watering holes: The Londoner on Suk 33 will finally close its doors at the end of this coming weekend (16th June) after many years of brewing some of the finest beer in Thailand (not a lot of competition, I know!). If anyone fancies a final pint of decent bitter, this is your last chance for a while. I was talking to the owner, John, last Saturday whilst watching rugby and he is relocating to some place off Petchaburi road by November, but whether he will be allowed to brew his fine ales, remains to be seen (you can bet the big Thai breweries will do their best to stop him). Every day until they close they are offering BOGOF on their brews.

Usual caveat: I have no financial connection with this establishment, I just like good beer!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been so will have to wait for the new place to open. Just to let you know there is a thread of British Beers in Thailand that I started in December that might well show you that there are many more options than we all previously realised. It started as news that Villa was stocking some fine ales then it grew from there. We've just passed 300 posts with only 1 troll so far...not too shabby for TV :)

Enjoy the thread and the beers.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/691531-british-real-ale-lovers-happy-christmas-from-villa-market/

I know a few people who will be wandering the streets lost when this happens lol

LOL.

I been wandering ever since the Offshore closed and waiting for the Ship in to reopen.

I hear you and now more wandering and wondering folk due to Washington Sq being closed. ha ha

I know a few people who will be wandering the streets lost when this happens lol

LOL.

I been wandering ever since the Offshore closed and waiting for the Ship in to reopen.

Its OPEN,, I think Doi will name it Fish n Ship LOL

Staff and food as good as ever

LOL.

I loved the chairs at the Offshore....but that's about all.

The Londoner has good food and beer but it was a bit gloomy for my liking....hope the new place is a bit better place to sit especially in the daytime.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A boring, soulless, overpriced boozer frequented by boring expats who look down their noses at the cowboy/nana crowd.

Won't be missed.

Go back to Pattaya with all the boring, soulless tail & booze addicts. You will not be missed.

LOL.

Its OPEN,, I think Doi will name it Fish n Ship LOL

Staff and food as good as ever

Great.

Have they retained Ray as well?

I've never been so will have to wait for the new place to open. Just to let you know there is a thread of British Beers in Thailand that I started in December that might well show you that there are many more options than we all previously realised. It started as news that Villa was stocking some fine ales then it grew from there. We've just passed 300 posts with only 1 troll so far...not too shabby for TV smile.png

Enjoy the thread and the beers.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/691531-british-real-ale-lovers-happy-christmas-from-villa-market/

As a homebrewer, (damn good one) I've often wondered how it is done in Thailand, as there are no malts, yeasts, or any other sundries available. Tell me if I'm wrong please, but did these guys malt their own barley? Is there a way to be a home brewer in Thailand without becoming a maltster?

Archived