Thai Consulate-General Sydney claims that Australians are confident to travel in Thailand

webfact

Thai Consulate-General Sydney claims that Australians are confident to travel in Thailand

BANGKOK, 11 June 2014 (NNT) – The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney claims that Australian tourists are confident to travel to Thailand after the military seized power on May 22, despite the Australian government's criticisms of the coup and the Australian government's ban on military personnel being allowed to travel to Australia since the coup.

More than one million Australian nationals travel to Thailand each year while Thailand is Australia’s eighth largest trade partner. Thai investments in Australia are worth around AUD7 billion, including mining, construction materials and real estate.

Meanwhile, Consul-General Theeratep Promvongsanon said that the Thai Consulate-General has been encouraging Thai communities in Sydney and New South Wales to learn Thai language, and that the country has added Thai language as a foreign language course both primary and secondary education levels.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-11 footer_n.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Countries that issue travel advisories are covering their backsides and leave it to travellers to heed or ignore the information as they wish.

Of course the Consul-General will be positive but there's no indication of how he knows Aussies are so confident. There's no suggestion of visa numbers for example or did he do his own opinion poll without actually leaving his office ?

australian government is as dumb as dog shit (really dumb) so don't sweat about this. they are sooooooo dumb that they follow everything the USA government says blindly.

i'm as happy as a pig wallowing in mud since i moved here in march

I will second that

It all started with the Vietnam conflict ( it was not a war so the government said )

Later Little Johnny Howard yapped and begged like a dog to be seen with the USA

And still it continues facepalm.gif

• Like 2

Thai Consulate-General has been encouraging Thai communities in Sydney and New South Wales to learn Thai language

What ??

It's a Thai thing, you no understand thainess.

The top 3 immigrant groups in Australia are the U.K (n#1) New Zealand and China (3rd) Chinese is taught in Australian schools as a second language.

In relation to immigrants Thailand comes in at 27th (52,000 people spread out across the country 7,692,024 sq kms) I have never heard of Thai being taught in Australian Schools as a 2nd language but the Thai government would know.

The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney does not give multiple entry Non O visas so what is he on about encouraging tourism. Luckily there is a more informed Consulate-General elsewhere in Australia

What does a multiple entry non-O have to do with tourism?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The consulate made their determination based on an interview of 10 horny guys applying for tourist visas and then extrapolated the results to cover all Australians.

And they sent Thai runners out to the beaches to offer promotions.

australian government is as dumb as dog shit (really dumb) so don't sweat about this. they are sooooooo dumb that they follow everything the USA government says blindly.

I will second that

It all started with the Vietnam conflict ( it was not a war so the government said )

The head of the Government Tony dumb dumb as he is affectionately known is an immigrant. Not a born and breed aussie. One of his predecessors Julia Gillard was also an immigrant form the same place as Tony.

• Like 1

The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney does not give multiple entry Non O visas so what is he on about encouraging tourism. Luckily there is a more informed Consulate-General elsewhere in Australia

Maybe WB it's because tourists use this type as an entry into Thailand, (multiple entry) cat O.

Apart from the retirement visa Cat O is the most popular for short and long term stays. But naturally the 30 day free visa on arrival is the main one.

I will second that

Correct.

Australians know Thailand is safe and the General is doing a very good job.

The Australian Govt. is currently being run by a bunch of Tea Party nutcases.

The Australian PM Tony dumb dumb is a Tea Party nutcase who had diner with the demented plutocrat Murdoch last night in New York

while Cantor was losing his GOP primary to a Tea Party nutter. .

View vid of Tony dumb dumb. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y1ez7_tony-abbott-last-week-tonight_news

• Like 2

I will second that

A bit off post sorry but,

Oh yeah Australian politicians are squirming how to continue to kowtow to the States while doing business with China.

I will second that

Correct.

Australians know Thailand is safe and the General is doing a very good job.

The Australian Govt. is currently being run by a bunch of Tea Party nutcases.

The Australian PM Tony dumb dumb is a Tea Party nutcase who had diner with the demented plutocrat Murdoch last night in New York

while Cantor was losing his GOP primary to a Tea Party nutter. .

View vid of Tony dumb dumb. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y1ez7_tony-abbott-last-week-tonight_news

That Video has gone viral across social media in Aust and portrays him perfectly.

Maybe WB it's because tourists use this type as an entry into Thailand, (multiple entry) cat O.

Apart from the retirement visa Cat O is the most popular for short and long term stays. But naturally the 30 day free visa on arrival is the main one.

How would a tourist get a non-imm O? Non-imm O's are for retirement or marriage. You also need to provide proof of the financial requirements.

Longer term tourists get multi-entry tourist visas which allow them to stay up to 90 days.

How would a tourist get a non-imm O? Non-imm O's are for retirement or marriage. You also need to provide proof of the financial requirements.

Longer term tourists get multi-entry tourist visas which allow them to stay up to 90 days.

UK provides O visa for anyone over (55) someone wanting to travel many times, longer term Quote "tourists" or whatever.

I did not have to provide any financial bank statements---only a self certification form. enabling me to stay 1 year or whatever but have to leave the Kingdom every 90 days.

Non Immigrant cat O visas are not only for retirement or marriage.

Retirement visa you get in Thailand.

Edited by ginjag

Today is the 11th, the day all foreign Ambassadors are to report before the Junta and all Thai diplomats and officials are to spread their propaganda to the people in their areas around the world.

• Like 1

I am a tourist and use one, as do many of my friends that come here every year.

particularly helpful if you want to escape the winter for 4-6 months.

Edited by GreasyFingers
  • Like 1

I am a tourist and use one, as do many of my friends that come here every year

When you apply for it, do you do so saying you're a tourist, or as someone that is planning to retire here?

When you apply for it, do you do so saying you're a tourist, or as someone that is planning to retire here?

Mark the application form as a tourist, sometimes without a departure date.

• Like 1

Aussies still go to Indonesia and that's three times as dangerous,so what's the problem, no one traveling could give a toss what Julie Bishop (minister foreign Affairs) has to say.coffee1.gif

Yea... Julie Bishop.... Tony dumb dumb's deputy sheriff.

• Like 2

Today is the 11th, the day all foreign Ambassadors are to report before the Junta and all Thai diplomats and officials are to spread their propaganda to the people in their areas around the world.

Chooka---better you speak they come to listen the facts of and the findings why this had to be.

Then whoever can go and spread whatever he or she wants, as long as they understand.

If then they are like your thinking they will go back and be negative in their thinking. Like coups or not agree they are summoned to attend to get the gist of the up to date info.

NO PROPAGANDA. Think positive Chooka, we have no choice as now but things are getting on track, it will take awhile, of course it will never be good enough for the magnificent 7 Pro PTP posters as they want democratic elections even if the government voted is not democratic and DUNG.

• Like 1

Mark the application form as a tourist, sometimes without a departure date.

It is a tourist visa, but restricted to over 55 (unless it has changed) use multiple entry as required. Depends on the consulate/embassy. some want to see deeds (condo) some want to have bank details of income etc. not super uniformity anywhere a lot depends on the person you apply to. (if their mood of the day fits in some circumstances).

Thai investments in Australia are worth around AUD7 billion, including mining, construction materials and real estate.

Just too bad it's not reciprocal!

Yes true and ask my wife who owns 3 investment properties in Melbourne and she will say Thai, land is for thais and Thailand doesn't have as much as Australia.

Thai investments in Australia are worth around AUD7 billion, including mining, construction materials and real estate.

Just too bad it's not reciprocal!

Yes true and ask my wife who owns 3 investment properties in Melbourne and she will say Thai, land is for thais and Thailand doesn't have as much as Australia.

My post to you was not worthy of a reply or did it touch a nerve what was the problem ??