An Interesting Topic.

NoshowJones

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to and abide by the rules set by my bosses, wife, relatives, that I don't have to do here.

You mean you abided by the rules of your wife and relatives?? Did you not think to make any of your own, such as "I decide what I want to do, not you"?

Listen to and abide by the rules set by my bosses, wife, relatives, that I don't have to do here.

You mean you abided by the rules of your wife and relatives?? Did you not think to make any of your own, such as "I decide what I want to do, not you"?

Every individual has his own circumstances, others can not judge.

I was just answering your question, as to myself.

Yes, may be things would have been different if I had followed your advice, and I give that advice to my children now.

Unfortunately, nobody can turn years back.

Excellent post Costas.

• Like 1

Yes.

.... but, that is why he is here now smile.png

• Like 2

Yes.

.... but, that is why he is here now smile.png

You couldn't be more right than thatthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Most of my response is a repeat of what other's have said ......Oh well!

Work....Don't have to listen to any crap I don't want to....now only do something if that's what I want to do....and because I enjoy what I do ...I don't consider it work!

Driving....As Seastallion pointed out ..when it comes to driving can do pretty much what you want with impunity ...Run reds, drive on wrong side, go down a one way the wrong way...and ...well ...that list goes on ...but even if you get a ticket it costs a fraction of what it would cost in the west!

Building a house....drawings, permits, etc. reasonably priced and permits within a week! (In US can take months or longer!)

Love the Bum spray....if I ever did move back to the US that would be one of the first projects I would do.

Well...These are the things I do in Thailand that I couldn't do in the US (or at least with the same impunity!)

Edited by beachproperty
  • Like 1

I used to have to work for a living.

I used to go out and hope to meet pretty women.

I used to have to chat up and try to impress pretty women.

I used to have to spend fortunes on dating pretty women.

I used to have to wait weeks sometimes months before i could xxxx pretty women.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Well, been way too long ago since I lived in what would be considered my home country.

But was in Singapore for 25 years before being moved here to Thailand.

There:

1. Paid a lot more for almost everything.

2. Paid substantial daily tolls to get to work and back (guess still would if I lived in Bkk, but I don't)

3. Paid very high road tax annually (>US$6k/annum for 2 cars)

4. Paid very high fines for minor traffic offences often (like going 92kmh in and 80kmh zone, or parking in front of my house)

5. Paid lower income tax than Thailand (about 13% vs about 27%)

6. Paid much lower import duty for my toys (7% max vs 30% guaranteed)

7. Must be something I had to do in Singapore that is not applicable here in Thailand? (Sorry, can't think of anything).

Pay state income taxes (didn't have sales tax or VAT like here, however)

Be bombarded with insipid celebs or reality shows (well, that may be arguable, but here they are Thai....)

Pay far less for electronics, music instruments

be cold

Work....Don't have to listen to any crap I don't want to....now only do something if that's what I want to do....and because I enjoy what I do ...I don't consider it work!

Driving....As Seastallion pointed out ..when it comes to driving can do pretty much what you want with impunity ...Run reds, drive on wrong side, go down a one way the wrong way...and ...well ...that list goes on ...but even if you get a ticket it costs a fraction of what it would cost in the west!

Building a house....drawings, permits, etc. reasonably priced and permits within a week! (In US can take months or longer!)

Love the Bum spray....if I ever did move back to the US that would be one of the first projects I would do.

Well...These are the things I do in Thailand that I couldn't do in the US (or at least with the same impunity!)

What's a bum spray? Do you mean a bum gun, or some other sort of spray?

What's a bum spray? Do you mean a bum gun, or some other sort of spray?

Yeah..;good point ...my bum gun "sprays out water"wub.png

Didn't really know there was an official name for them....but got it now...clap2.gif

• Like 1