RS wins court battle, only 22 matches of Word Cup to be aired on free TVs

Lite Beer

Interest is bound to wane after the Group stage when England fail to qualify as they surely will

All the hype that surrounds players like Sturridge and Sterling when they have been giving the run around to naive, B list players in the Premiership

Any pace that they have will be nullified by, as Gary Neville puts it, 'faffing around' in midfield, conserving energy as they've been told they must be ready to die of heatstroke.

Watch the Germans perform. You won't see them perspiring like Dawn French after a gig

Just be interesting to watch Roy Hodgson stroking his chin in disbelief until he becomes more and more like Jimmy Hill on a daily basis

Well worth contributing to a pay channel though

'Free' Thai TV is so riddled with adverts that I find it barely watchable, and who could forget the last major championships when the showing of England's opening game was delayed until after half time so that a pre- recorded programme could be screened

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm happy. No longer sick as a parrot.

Had an extra True dish put in last week plus a RS box and a PSI box.

Don't give a toss if True cannot show all of the matches.

True still think they are the "King of Sports" yet they are looking like the "Pauper of Sports"

True are showing them all.

Which 22 matches are they going to show on free TV. Does anyone have any info on this.

This is a real blow for people without True.

I used 365 Sport last season to watch the Premier League, hope they are offering something for the World Cup, does anyone know?

None of the England And Germany group games are being shown

on free TV

Look on the bright side (English) lads. The kick off times are horrible, most of the games usually turn out to be cagey, disappointing affairs and we never win anyway!

I know....... that doesn't make me feel any better either. sad.png

Not that the Judiciary here cares about the rule of law but as the Military Junta has disposed of the 2007 Constitution, the NBTC is technically no longer a 'legal' entity, see Article47.

Maybe time for new 'acronymed' organization to step in to the fray?

• Like 1

Excellent Ruling!

If you don't pay for it, why should you be allowed to Broadcast it?

If you OWN something, do you simply allow ANYONE to walk in and "borrow" it?

Anyway, who cares about this "Girls' Game".....AFL is TRUE FOOTBALL, played for thousands of years by Australian Aboriginal People kicking a Charcoal-stuffed Kangaroo Bladder around.... it was called, "Marngrook."

• Like 2

It does not worry me as I only watch TV on ThaiExpat tv so can watch all matches on BBC or ITV. Then I can watch live or with the great facilities this web site has can either watch later at a more convenient time or even record and save to my hard drive. With my computer wired up to my TV I get all I need.

The best thing I ever did was get rid of True as now with 13 channels to choose from I can watch many of the sports I enjoy including cricket, rugby. tennis and occasionally darts at a fraction of the cost and watch many other good drama series or quiz shows that i like.

• Like 1

It does not worry me as I only watch TV on ThaiExpat tv so can watch all matches on BBC or ITV. Then I can watch live or with the great facilities this web site has can either watch later at a more convenient time or even record and save to my hard drive. With my computer wired up to my TV I get all I need.

The best thing I ever did was get rid of True as now with 13 channels to choose from I can watch many of the sports I enjoy including cricket, rugby. tennis and occasionally darts at a fraction of the cost and watch many other good drama series or quiz shows that i like.

1+

OK...so True Visions have subbed rights to show World Cup from RS.

Any bars with True (or are gonna get it in?) been asked for a 30k one off payment to RS? (in addition to set up/rent for their True package?) Sounds rubbish to me but that is what I am hearing.

RS were asking for 30,000 baht,not heard anything for True.I would imagine if they have bought the rights to show all games,then it,s True who might charge bars for the games, exactly like they charged for EPL, and now CTH, CHARGE MORE FOR BUSINESS THAN HOME,SAME EVERYWHERE.

Many bars still have true so not an extra cost of installation

wilai, on 11 Jun 2014 - 15:16, said:snapback.png

Any bars with True (or are gonna get it in?) been asked for a 30k one off payment to RS? (in addition to set up/rent for their True package?) Sounds rubbish to me but that is what I am hearing.

As far as i am aware if you have the RS box you have to pay 30,000 baht for the licence, but if you are showing from True this does not apply.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

What if you have UKTV/ThaiExpat ? All game are live there from The BBC and ITV in England. Do bars still have to pay 30,000 baht to show games? But with the kickoff times I can't see too many bars staying open anyway.

RS were asking for 30,000 baht,not heard anything for True.I would imagine if they have bought the rights to show all games,then it,s True who might charge bars for the games, exactly like they charged for EPL, and now CTH, CHARGE MORE FOR BUSINESS THAN HOME,SAME EVERYWHERE.

Many bars still have true so not an extra cost of installation

The extra 30k is apparently being requested from businesses installing True as well......a license fee to RS? on top of the True subscription...and yes, I know commerce is charged more than domestic.

Good call, well done the court for this decision

Yes lets not worry about the millions of Thais who can't afford TRUE or have the ability to live stream. Your compassion is overwhelming.

Well put;

Who gives a rat's backside what you will be doing? I hope you'll all be inviting a few of the real victims of this abysmal, greedy decision; people who don't have RS/True or a super fast internet connection.

In the UK the games are being shown on the BBC and ITV, this site has both these Channels and is a very good picture

http://tvtoss.com/pages/player.php?ch_id=654322079&ctd=3&t=U.K.%20TV%20Channels

Thanks for the link. However I wonder if this will be blocked for overseas viewers.

I'm in Hua Hin and can get it just fine, it seems to be the same as ExpatTV but free

However it may or may not be blocked for the WC

The NCPO pulled the legs off this one, because they have ordered all games to be aired on CH5 and CH7 both the army channels.

So this is just bluster and blow..... they are all accessible for free..... simple as that.

And so they should be.

Source?

No thanks just Salt & Vinegar.

jb1

I have the Set-top box from www.watchglobal.tv. It shows BBC, ITV, Sky Sports and BT Sports from England also TSN from Canada and ESPN from America. All of these show the World Cup in English. I have the box for 6 months now and it is good.

Why is it a good call,care to elaborate.

Major sporting events such as the Olympics and World Cup should be carried on national TV free to air the world over as far as I'm concerned.

Pay TV has stolen all the major sports events in recent years,the likes of the World Cup should be off limits IMO.

It is a good call for the Thai judiciary system (not often you can say that!). Not for the football fan.

No it is not a good call because it should be free overall on the world.Just like the Olympics.And this court only was blackmailed by RS.because they said that they should not broadcast any game if the court rule was against them!!!

Yes lets not worry about the millions of Thais who can't afford TRUE or have the ability to live stream. Your compassion is overwhelming.

So Sparkles, did you buy the rights from Fifa so you can give away all the games to those that can't afford it? Seriously, don't you think Fifa is charging a pretty hefty fee and someone has to pay it, and by the sound of things, it isn't the Thai government, so why should a business entity pay for something and give it away at a substantial loss? I'm just, curious like..........................................

Or perhaps they could do the same as ITV in the UK. Sell advertising.

jb1

• Like 1

captspectre, on 11 Jun 2014 - 15:49, said:
canopus1969, on 11 Jun 2014 - 14:32, said:

I can't think of anything that will piss of the Thai's more than this! the whole country is football crazy! will be interesting to see how this comes out!

They are more interested in betting on the games than watching the games. whistling.gif

• Like 1

So I thought OK..I will go with 365, pushed the button & went to the site---then they asked for a 300 baht "Set Up Fee"--- I mean I know its not a fortune, --but its a con, but there is no set up, its just download an app, I already done that when I tried there free for a month...didn't need any set up fee for all the people that tried it. App is still sitting there.

So no. It might be cutting of the nose etc...... but that left a bad taste, I will just rely on whatever. They can keep there 365, Set up Fee. I had them marked down to subscribe to in the next EPL. season. There loss.

Edited by sanuk711

So I thought OK..I will go with 365, pushed the button & went to the site---then they asked for a 300 baht "Set Up Fee"--- I mean I know its not a fortune, --but its a con, but there is no set up, its just download an app, I already done that when I tried there free for a month...didn't need any set up fee for all the people that tried it. App is still sitting there.

So no. It might be cutting of the nose etc...... but that left a bad taste, I will just rely on whatever. They can keep there 365, Set up Fee. I had them marked down to subscribe to in the next EPL. season. There loss.

Actually you certainly are just cutting off your nose etc......

You just mentioned that you download an app - yes you do and was this app created for free? Given the deals they offer, the fee is well worthwhile.

I threw out True last year and went with 365sport. Best decision I could have made. Plus it has the added value of not having to stay up all night for a match or two - you can watch them at any time you want the next day.

Have a rethink & stick your nose back on.wink.png

• Like 1