NBTC to subsidize live broadcast of all World Cup matches on free TVs

Lite Beer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No way should 700million or any "million" of public money be given to a broadcaster just because they cant sell enough paytv boxes

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Typical Thai,last minute and a right mess.

regards worgeordie

Pretty much the same mess occurred in 2012 with the Euro Cup. Two years on and nothing has been learned, no solutions have been developed, no provisions taken. Also typical Thai.

if you want English then Thai Expat TV is the way to go.

http://www.thaiexpat.tv/aff.php?aff=151

And you get all the standard UK channels .. it's great!

German, Austrian and Swiss TV-users may have a look at https://www.globaltv.to .

Offers the matches on ARD/ZDF/ORF/SF (comments using your preferred german dialect) in full HD.

Less then 5 minutes time lag if you watch it live. I'll prefer to look at during early morning coffee. If a game gets boring I can step forward in 1 or 5 min. steps, don't have to wait 1 1/2 hrs. for the next game.

In total about 50 channels available on GlobalTv. I'm using it for over 3 years.

700 million is bloody ridiculous, there're people in villages in Mae hong son that dont even have running water or electricity. What a joke.

You're forgetting something; such people don't exist in the eyes of the 'Elite', and if they do it's because they don't do enough merit and should accept their position in life as they are told to by the Monks.

Disgusting ? Yes of course but to 'those that matter' Bangkok is the Center of the Universe and therefore 70% of all spending must be accomplished there whilst the rest of the country stumps up the funds.

And....NO i am not a red, far from it.....i just loath injustice !

• Like 2

Apart from the games at 2300 and 0300 those at 0500 will make if difficult for some to watch then get to work, school etc on time and the couple of games at 0800 will really cause lots of lateness if not actual absenteeism.

05:00 not problem, everybody wake up that time. Easy to watch while eat breakfast and get ready to work. And couple of games at 08:00? Only one and it is sunday morning smile.png

0500 not a problem ? Maybe not for you but many have a long commute to work and if they watch the full game it will knock their timetable out.

They will watch it in the car as they are driving!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Just wondering if we get the same happy and positive response if it is the Yingluck's government asking the NCTC to dig into research and development funds. Probably another lawsuit and marches on the streets are more likely to happen. Hyprocrites?

Just wondering if we get the same happy and positive response if it is the Yingluck's government asking the NCTC to dig into research and development funds. Probably another lawsuit and marches on the streets are more likely to happen. Hyprocrites?

As it should be..the government should NOT be paying for the world cup. 22 games is sufficient. If people want to watch more then they get an RS box or whatever ..

As it should be..the government should NOT be paying for the world cup. 22 games is sufficient. If people want to watch more then they get an RS box or whatever ..

there are a lot of Thai people who can not afford a RS box or whatever....

• Like 1

there are a lot of Thai people who can not afford a RS box or whatever....

In which case they either go to a friends or don't watch it live .. many poor Thai people have managed to have a True dish outside their tin hut.. it's now on True.

Anyway it seems that the Army are going to show it on Channel 5. So those poor Thai people around Thailand can get up / stay up at 3am for the games. Then become EVEN poorer due to not going to work the next day!

Seeing as the junta seem to be in a Santa Claus frame of mind at the moment I was driving down Petchburi Road the other day and my daughter spied a rather fetching black Lamborghini Aventador in a showroom and said " That's a nice car daddy" so if they can see their way to making a little girl happy just hand me the readies and I'll do the rest. smile.png

700 million baht is worth it.

A small price to pay to make Thai people happy.

A failed election in February has cost 3 plus BILLION, and almost ended up in a civil war, plus many people killed and injured. It make Thai people very UNHAPPY.

• Like 1

So the masses will watch after all hopefully.

Tell RS to stick it where the sun don't shine.

The World Cup should and will be free to air.

I still believe.

That would be nice. But you need to tell that to FIFA not RS! RS have invested a fortune in buying the rights from FIFA. If the junta want to pay RS them, good for them, but blaming RS is ridiculous. FIFA don't give anything away for free!

Agree, RS won the right to broadcast the world cup and I am sure it wasn't cheap, they have the right to do as they wish. If the NBTC were so worried about "Thai Happiness" they should have put in a bid themselves to televise the event on free to air channels or negotiated with RS years ago to televise it.

A failed election in February has cost 3 plus BILLION, and almost ended up in a civil war, plus many people killed and injured. It make Thai people very UNHAPPY.

The rice scheme was also to make Thai people happy. Even the election can end happy if the establishment wanted it. So obvious.

• Like 1

Satellite dish on a hut

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile

so there are a few people with true vision..but it ain't ALL Thais...tell me why are you so against the Thai people getting the WC free?.....hang on let me guess...you brought the RS box yesterday...

Satellite dish on a hut

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile

so there are a few people with true vision..but it ain't ALL Thais...tell me why are you so against the Thai people getting the WC free?.....hang on let me guess...you brought the RS box yesterday...
Nothing against it.. just the fact that I acknowledge the World Cup isn't free.

The broadcast rights belong to RS the games are being played at 11pm-3am and 5am not exactly conducive to working the next day.. just rebroadcast the next day!

Why should it be free in Thailand? It's not as if Thailand are actually in the WC!

I have Thai Expat TV no problems for me watching the WC .. might watch some games just before I go to work.

Edited by casualbiker

Great, if not entirely unexpected news.

Even better is that I won't have a crowd of smelly people in the condo tomorrow now and can watch it in me skiddy scuds, flopped hung over on the bed mercifully 5 miles from the wife and dog.smile.pngclap2.gif

Today just seems to get better....

Very good point.

May I add, a disgusting amnesty bill and rice scam has cost this county hundreds of BILLIONs, and almost ended up in a civil war, plus many people killed and injured. It make Thai people very UNHAPPY.